Become a Patron!

Evic VTC goes mini

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the cyan eVic VTC mini. Just the mod NO KIT but they also have the kit but doesn't ship till September 28th. It costed me $34.39 ($28.29 + $5.50 shipping) from http://us.efun.top/joyetech-evic-vtc-mini-express-kit.html. All 3 colors in stock. This is shipped from their US warehouse I believe in Kanas but could be wrong. Best deal I've seen so far in the US.
I own the D2, but I dislike how I need the proprietary charging cable. Also, mine is sensitive and doesn't always charge when plugged in, so it's really a pain in the ass. I'm sick of waking up to an uncharged mod and needing to use my other batteries. So, for $35 I'll happily buy this thing. F' you D2!

Last edited:

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOOT! "Out For Delivery". In town by 6, sorted by 7:40, out the door 10 minutes later (30 min ago).
It's just a small city large town so that's about right, pretty quick. They hit my outlying rural subdivision around 10:30, so... couple more cups of coffee, and I should prep some shake & vape for testing that eGo One (finally learned how to capitalize it). :p
Whoot! That's awesome, hopefully you enjoy it as much as everyone else is!

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The tank has a cheap metal colored plastic DT, but it's full bore so might just work well enough to keep using. (ETA: Maybe it is metal. It feels light and didn't "ring" true until I tapped it on a solid surface.) Looking at the heads though, they're pretty damn small and the juice holes are absolutely miniscule. Definitely need to order some CLRs if there's any performance to be had with this tank.

And like the iStick 40TC, a quick click shows the atty's current temp. Fairly useless I suppose, but entertaining.
Of course... the buttons are nice and comfortable and the screen is terrific. :D

The drip tip is metal. Perhaps not high quality metal, but metal nonetheless. Concerned myself, i put it at room temp into in the freezer for 10 minutes to see if it would hold temperature... and it did, not only right after taking it out, but 10 minutes after it was still cold.

In fact, it at first buried itself into the ice cube i sat it on... Plastic wouldn't do that :)

And I think you're giving the eGo ONE tank less credit than it deserves. It's a good inexpensive tank (around $14 for the XL, $19 for the Mega), it's airflow adjustable, and when you have the TC coils on there, the airflow is excellent. I'm sure CLR would be better, but the regular ones do perform for certain.

Attachments

• 20150919_171222_resized.jpg
    20150919_171222_resized.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 21

Dark Laughter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I didn't like the fact mine wasn't locking in the Ohms contacted the company I got it from and was told they wouldn't exchange it because I "modified" the firmware so I figured whatever I'll just suck it up and deal with it not reading correctly, now today it completely shorted out needless to say I feel cheated and for the first time in a long while got mad now this VTC is a crumpled twisted mess and in the trash! But this has not turned me away when it worked it really worked so I do plan on getting another just not from the douchbags I got this one from.......

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I edited my post above. I was giving the tank a bath and tapped the DT on the counter. Yeah, it's metal. Still sounds light though. The coating maybe.

I'll be trying the regular Ti head in a little bit. It's not like it'll fail to meet my expectations. :p

Yeah I'm using a Ti right now. I do prefer the nickel, but I didn't know that when I first purchased the tank and coils... I guess Titanium just sounded so much cooler...

LOL, setting the bar low, are we?

Dark Laughter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
it started out as just jumping from .40omhs to around .84omhs then it wouldn't lock in temp mode at all so I talked to the guy I got it from and because I updated it he gave me some when I took it upon myself to Modify the firmware I voided the warranty bullshit so I just gave up and started using it in wattage mode and after a day of that it just stopped working all together but like I was trying to say I don't feel this is a common thing I just got a lemon and I'm really just more pissed at the company I got it from and the lack of help they offered I really do plan on getting another one from a more trusted distributor because before it's untimely demise I was loving every minute with it. I could of been more clear on everything but I was typing while still mad and had to many thoughts that didn't process into words. sorry about that hopefully this makes it a little clearer...

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
it started out as just jumping from .40omhs to around .84omhs then it wouldn't lock in temp mode at all so I talked to the guy I got it from and because I updated it he gave me some when I took it upon myself to Modify the firmware I voided the warranty bullshit so I just gave up and started using it in wattage mode and after a day of that it just stopped working all together but like I was trying to say I don't feel this is a common thing I just got a lemon and I'm really just more pissed at the company I got it from and the lack of help they offered I really do plan on getting another one from a more trusted distributor because before it's untimely demise I was loving every minute with it. I could of been more clear on everything but I was typing while still mad and had to many thoughts that didn't process into words. sorry about that hopefully this makes it a little clearer...
You can try contacting Joyetech directly. I've had success in the past doing that with my original eVic (of course that WAS over 2 years ago...)

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah... the fat boy. Mine (v1) is still cleaned and unused in it's box. But I've been on a tank kick the past week or so. Now I've got the new 0.2 K heads for the iSub to test but maybe I'll get out the ST soon.

I should say this VTC combo is an attractive setup. Without the muscle car paint of the VT I won't call it sexy, but in white it's damn good lookin'
I also like that the markings are very small and in a pale silver. I have to look close with the light just right to see them at all. Very clean look.
Agreed 110% with the looks, it's a sleek little device.

With the tank on it with the factory Ni200's it's absolutely amazing, I'm beyond happy with it. Defiantly better tasting then the factory tank and coil.

I need to order a Uwell and ill probably snag a few more random tanks.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got 2 days using my Areotank at 10 w I'm good with that I was vaping heavy I still really like my original ones with the race track look.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't done the update... waiting on after reports.

Hadn't even thought of the puff count and timer, was just thinking subjective opinion.
I just looked at mine. Seems in line with yours and fairly meaningless... don't know what to do with the data just yet (I'm at about 45%/3000mAh HG2).
I can't find instructions for a manual reset, does it reset with a battery change?
No idea, I'm using Samsung 25R 2500 mAh. I only have 2 batteries but am going to order more, charge them all and keep them on my vape shelf.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couple day ago at least. Features only I believe, it's a little early for bug reports.
-Changes the res display to a "live" readout. Similar to the D2.
-Adds an ammeter display option to the battery/puff/time spot at the bottom.
Maybe I'll try to update tomorrow after I get outta work.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might try it soon myself, I like seeing ammeters showing up more.
But I'd advise doing at least a cursory search for comments from folk who've installed it.
I'd rather not brick mine when I've bought it from a super discount vendor that might not do a return.
If I brick it it'll give me an excuse to order something new!!!

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to burn off that coupon, so in a twinge of decency to not load my cart with RDAs etc. I just got the Cube yesterday. And a 2 pack of HE2s. For $9 (less the % off), I of course got more HE2s. :p

Even if it doesn't have the $2 Ti/SS upgrade, it'll still be worth $42 (don't know if it has or not).
I just pulled the trigger on the Cube, for that and a bottle of Unicorn Milk for $58 from Ecig. Also ordered a Tvf4 tank and some coils along with 2 Sony batteries, now to wait for it all to arrive!

Dark Laughter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can try contacting Joyetech directly. I've had success in the past doing that with my original eVic (of course that WAS over 2 years ago...)
If it wasn't 60 bucks I would but rather then deal with that hassle I'm going to take this loss and just buy a new one after all it lasted a few days and still was cheaper then buying cigarettes! ;-)

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Okay then send it to me and I'll see what they say ... LOL! Glad you didn't buy the cigarettes!

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I will wait for input from folks I don't want to Brick my new Mod..

Sent from my SGH-T999

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had a chance to put one in my hands the other day, thing does seem like a really nice mod. What exactly does the update give you?

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
update worked perfectly for me. updated mine on thursday. love this mod!

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The wait is over. Ordered mine (Black Full Kit) from Cigabuy Sep 3rd 43.99 shipped from USA (15 day pre order) and shipping label created Sep 16th. Hit the Post office in CA on the 17th and in my hands on the 21st.
Very happy with my purchase...so far.
Some random thoughts after reading this thread.
1) Going to hold off on the firmware update until it seems necessary.
2) Wish the black Mod finish (flat black) matched the eGo One Tank finish (shiny) a little better.
3) Previously owned the Black and Red eVic VT and loved it...except was too damn heavy.
4) Yes the eGo One coil heads are very small with small holes for wicking, that is why once the coil is spent I gut it and drill out the wicking holes a bit before rebuilding. I have rebuilt the (vertical coils) this way using both Kanthal and NI200 and have had great results. Makes for a much better vape.
5) The CLR heads (horizontal) are quicker and easier to rebuild but I found the airflow was decreased too much.-is that a point or a continuation of the last point?
6) Hope everyone is enjoying their eVic Mini VCT- did ya all see the new (pre order) iStick 60W TC with Melo2 kit for 39.99 at Cigabuy? Damn you Cigabuy, my vape budget is shot for a while...owell.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still just playing with the included Ti but plan to shop some Ti CLRs in a few days.
I've no idea how one rebuilds or especially wicks one of these vertical factory heads.
Same as the Atlantis Rebuild/Rewick just smaller scale: Hope it's ok to link here.

richardrpsgt

Member For 4 Years
The wait is over. Ordered mine (Black Full Kit) from Cigabuy Sep 3rd 43.99 shipped from USA (15 day pre order) and shipping label created Sep 16th. Hit the Post office in CA on the 17th and in my hands on the 21st.
Very happy with my purchase...so far.
Some random thoughts after reading this thread.
1) Going to hold off on the firmware update until it seems necessary.
2) Wish the black Mod finish (flat black) matched the eGo One Tank finish (shiny) a little better.
3) Previously owned the Black and Red eVic VT and loved it...except was too damn heavy.
4) Yes the eGo One coil heads are very small with small holes for wicking, that is why once the coil is spent I gut it and drill out the wicking holes a bit before rebuilding. I have rebuilt the (vertical coils) this way using both Kanthal and NI200 and have had great results. Makes for a much better vape.
5) The CLR heads (horizontal) are quicker and easier to rebuild but I found the airflow was decreased too much.-is that a point or a continuation of the last point?
6) Hope everyone is enjoying their eVic Mini VCT- did ya all see the new (pre order) iStick 60W TC with Melo2 kit for 39.99 at Cigabuy? Damn you Cigabuy, my vape budget is shot for a while...owell.
That istick 60 is a no go for me. 90mm talk is probably necessary due to the placement of the 510 but I see no reason to make it 26mm thick. Seems like wasted space and nothing will look good on it.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
of COURSE iSmoka came out with a direct competitor for the eVic... just a few months after I got mine today :)

Doesn't matter... LOVE this thing... with the Mega tank on there, chucks like a boss, even in TC.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
lol... damn you!

Significant difference between the XL and the Mega, by the way. A LOT more airflow, a lot less restriction, because the vents are just... bigger!

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jebbus Criminy... Ecig has developed Transporter Technology.

They were all apologetic on Friday, saying orders may not ship while they moved the warehouse blah, blah... here have a coupon code.
I figured that's cool, gets me a cheap Cube II (UPS has it... est. Sat.) and I went about my weekend.
Thought I'd have a look see at the USPS label creation # they sent on Friday and the damn Crown tank has been in my mailbox for six hours.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. :confused:

:p
Jealous! I ordered mine in the 18th and hasn't shipped yet :-/

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay I lied, literally right after I typed this I got an email saying it shipped, but they shipped UPS sure post..... Maybe it'll be here Friday :-/

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That istick 60 is a no go for me. 90mm talk is probably necessary due to the placement of the 510 but I see no reason to make it 26mm thick. Seems like wasted space and nothing will look good on it.
Yeah I am not going to pull the trigger on the iStick 60 Kit...for 40.00 seems like a great deal but there is the vape budget to think about. I like the idea of the Melo2 tank, looks like a cross between a Melo and the top fill of the Lemo.
For now I am just going to enjoy what I have.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The subtank mini with ni200 vertical coils is very nice, but I've been using my Lemo drop with a 9 wrap ni200 coil lately. Easy to build and wick and has better flavor than I get from the STM.
I'm using my subtank plus with the Ni200 coils, I'll look into that one. I've never built coils and want to get into it.

richardrpsgt

Member For 4 Years
I'm using my subtank plus with the Ni200 coils, I'll look into that one. I've never built coils and want to get into it.
Ni200 is very malleable and easy to work with, but also is easy to deform when running the wick through. Ti is supposed to be more durable, I have some on order.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
God I am so glad I opened this thing...

I was gonna sell it, but this is an incredible device. Excellent battery life, great size tank with good airflow, love the mech mode option, the puff and time counters... its a geek vaper's dream for $42.

VU Sponsors