Become a Patron!

eVic VTwo Dead after 2 months...Joyetech Warranty?

Mod will not turn on at all unless connected to a power source and even then the screen flashes and flickers and won't fire. Between the flashing screen its stating "atomizer low". I have attempted to reinstall the newest software update and also downgrading to the previous software version however neither of these attempts worked. I have also changed the coil three times, replacing it with a brand-new coil, and tried two different tanks however nothing works.

Any suggestions? I have emailed Joyetech three times within the past four days and have yet to receive a response...

It's most definitely a problem with the hardware. I have never dropped it or misused it in any way. They say they have a 90 day warranty. But you have to have bought the device from joyetech's online store. Despite the fact that they were not selling this device online when I bought it so I went through a third-party (Myvaporstore).

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried a different battery?

Sounds like you've tried all you can, different tanks, different coils in the tanks (I'm assuming prebuilt coils). Downgrade, upgrade.

Have a friend with a tank that works on their mod to try?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looking at their site, and their 2 emails to contact, if neither of those have responded to you, I'd click on their FB and Twitter pages listed and become a squeaky wheel. I get really irritated about that stuff. I had a different manufacturer that never got back to me, too. It's a shame they don't have a rep here.

http://www.joyetech.com/contact/ look at their FB and twitter stuff on this page, too.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As you are finding out Joyetech isn't known for good CS (one of the reasons I won't buy their products). I would try contacting My Vapor Store and seeing if they will do anything for you. Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have the mini, so I'm no help, but it does work fine. I have it stored for the future, now.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, also myvapestore should help with after sales support. If they don't swap it out for you they should at least help you get in contact with the manufacturer.
Edit: nevermind, went to myvapestore's site and they have a really shitty return/warranty policy. Worth asking though if you haven't already.

And like huck said... blow up joyetech... spam the shit out of their FB page if they don't reply in a day. Send an email, then copy paste it to a new email every hour. They should reply to one or both ways of contact especially if your messages can be seen by all on FB.

That's super annoying. If all else fails... don't buy another one of their devices. I know... thanx captain obvious lol

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
they have a really shitty return/warranty policy.
I hate that! But it's definitely worth an ask. I bought a mod off a clearance section from another place and it was auto firing. I emailed them and explained that I understood they don't take returns, but I was willing to exchange. They happened to be out of that one, but we came to a compromise. I'll definitely do business with that!

Good luck to you. Light 'em up.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely email my vapor store. I believe they give you 14 days but I could be wrong. My first Evic VTC mini died outside of the warranty period and they swapped it out for a different mod that cost more at no extra charge.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Original VTC mini, and am very sad to hear you are having issues with your VTtwo.
It does sound like a devices issue, but there is one last attempt you could try-give the 510 connection a very good clean all over, and also press the pin down a few times with a screwdriver and hopefully it pops back up-this fixed my partners cuboid which was having atomiser errors.

If you are still covered from the shop you bought it from however, I would most definitely go through that route due to Joyetech/Wismecs customer service not being too good.

Also, as mentioned, kick up a fuss on their Facebook page. Don't start immediately going mad or they will just ban you-be polite, but explain your issues, and that you would like a working mod, which isn't much to ask.

I wish you the best of luck, and keep us all update how this turns out.

All the best, Conan.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had the first one and lost it in the park and loved it! What a shame that yours is having that problem! Is the switch on ? There's switches to prevent firing etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate all the advice! I went on Facebook and blew up the Joyetech page after I didn't get a response from my final attempt at emailing customer service. Still haven't heard anything from them. HOWEVER, I emailed myvaporstore.com and literally within minutes I received a reply saying that they would happily take a look at the mod and repair it or replace it. I was shocked at their level of customer service! I thought I was going to get a "sorry you're out of our warranty period". So I sent it in yesterday after which I also received the new mod I ordered from DirectVapor.com. It's the smok Xcube Mini. I've had it for less than 24 hours so not sure how I'm feeling about it quite yet...I'll save that for another post.
I do however seriously need to get a new tank. I've been using the Aspire Cleito for a while now but I'm experiencing some leaking issues around the bottom ring, right above the air intake slot. So any tank suggestions are welcome...just need it to be a top fill, hold 3 ml or more, and stand the test of time (a reasonable amount of time anyway).
Thanks again y'all!!!

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I appreciate all the advice! I went on Facebook and blew up the Joyetech page after I didn't get a response from my final attempt at emailing customer service. Still haven't heard anything from them. HOWEVER, I emailed myvaporstore.com and literally within minutes I received a reply saying that they would happily take a look at the mod and repair it or replace it. I was shocked at their level of customer service! I thought I was going to get a "sorry you're out of our warranty period". So I sent it in yesterday after which I also received the new mod I ordered from DirectVapor.com. It's the smok Xcube Mini. I've had it for less than 24 hours so not sure how I'm feeling about it quite yet...I'll save that for another post.
I do however seriously need to get a new tank. I've been using the Aspire Cleito for a while now but I'm experiencing some leaking issues around the bottom ring, right above the air intake slot. So any tank suggestions are welcome...just need it to be a top fill, hold 3 ml or more, and stand the test of time (a reasonable amount of time anyway).
Thanks again y'all!!!

MVS is great with excellent customer service. Not surprised they got back to you so quickly, either. That really is how they always operate. As for a tank, what kind, factory coils or making your own, and do you want more clouds or low watt use?

Definitely Factory coils as I do not know the first thing about self coil production (unfortunately). As far as the brand it really doesn't matter I would just like something efficient that uses the least amount of juice as possible and has a great taste. My vape goes up to 75 Watts. Cloud production is not really a big concern or thrill for me. Thanks!

MVS is great with excellent customer service. Not surprised they got back to you so quickly, either. That really is how they always operate. As for a tank, what kind, factory coils or making your own, and do you want more clouds or low watt use?

Finally received a reply from joyetech. I love how they make it sound like such an inconvenience to send me an email (which doesn't help at all)...

Hello

Thank you for your email and sorry for late reply.
Have your tried to change new atomizer head to check it? We suggest to you use joyetech atomizer.
We suggest to find your retailer with receipt first. Our warranty service is provided them and it is more convenient to you to get more help.

Best regards,
Ella-Joyetech Service
Web: www.joyetech.com

Date: 2016-09-23 08:42
To: service
Subject: Technical Support

Can you handle this.
This is a question about technical support.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Glad to hear MVS is stepping up to the plate. I've never had a problem with them. Unfortunately Joytechs response is typical of a Chinese manufacturer. Hopefully, it's not your only mod.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally received a reply from joyetech. I love how they make it sound like such an inconvenience to send me an email (which doesn't help at all)...

Hello

Thank you for your email and sorry for late reply.
Have your tried to change new atomizer head to check it? We suggest to you use joyetech atomizer.
We suggest to find your retailer with receipt first. Our warranty service is provided them and it is more convenient to you to get more help.

Best regards,
Ella-Joyetech Service
Web: www.joyetech.com

Date: 2016-09-23 08:42
To: service
Subject: Technical Support

Can you handle this.
This is a question about technical support.

Joyetech makes great mods but they have the shittiest 510's in the game. It really sucks that anytime someone has an issue, their response is to use one of their garbage atty's. They do have a disclaimer that pretty much says using anything but a joyetech atty voids the warranty.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Joyetech makes great mods but they have the shittiest 510's in the game. It really sucks that anytime someone has an issue, their response is to use one of their garbage atty's. They do have a disclaimer that pretty much says using anything but a joyetech atty voids the warranty.
I own a fair few joyetech devices, but this is the thing I absolutely hate about them (I do like the devices, otherwise I would not own them lol-just the 510 and warranty issue).

The disclaimer is essentially a way of saying "We messed up with a bad 510-to reduce losses to us we will only warrant the tiny percentage of people who use Joyetech Atomisers with our devices".

But- I would personally say I used a joyetech atomiser ;).

It would be good if the 510 could become a standard amongst manufacturers, E.G the same length on all devices, and tanks, to avoid issues like this. But, I doubt that will happen :(.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own a fair few joyetech devices, but this is the thing I absolutely hate about them (I do like the devices, otherwise I would not own them lol-just the 510 and warranty issue).

The disclaimer is essentially a way of saying "We messed up with a bad 510-to reduce losses to us we will only warrant the tiny percentage of people who use Joyetech Atomisers with our devices".

But- I would personally say I used a joyetech atomiser ;).

It would be good if the 510 could become a standard amongst manufacturers, E.G the same length on all devices, and tanks, to avoid issues like this. But, I doubt that will happen :(.

I imagine that some where in China there is a giant warehouse full of janky 510's. I agree on implementing an industry wide 510 standard, that's would be great. Everyone should just use the same 510 as IPV.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I imagine that some where in China there is a giant warehouse full of janky 510's. I agree on implementing an industry wide 510 standard, that's would be great. Everyone should just use the same 510 as IPV.
The real problems are the crappy 510 connector Joyetech uses and refuses to change no matter how many complaints they receive. That leads into the second issue, their utter disregard for customer service once they het your money (Warranty, changing substandard parts, etc). To compound those problems people keep buying their crap. You get what you pay for as the old saying goes!

I'll add that the 510 on the Hcigar VT133 is very good. I've never had a problem with any of mine no matter what RTA I've tried on them.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

VU Sponsors