Become a Patron!

Evod ego battery not charging.

R

Rob18042

I bought a spare Evod ego battery to go with my vap pen starter kit But the Evod battery doesn't seem to be charging right, and runs out of battery life after about 20 hits. The battery that came with my kit works just fine and lasts all day. I was wondering if maybe the charger I'm using isn't real good for charging the Evod battery, or just a bad battery? I bought the Evod battery brand new at vap shop.
Pictures below of the charger and batteries

Attachments

• 1461690867224-1206446252.jpg
    1461690867224-1206446252.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 1461691186167-1305787702.jpg
    1461691186167-1305787702.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 5

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I bought a spare Evod ego battery to go with my vap pen starter kit But the Evod battery doesn't seem to be charging right, and runs out of battery life after about 20 hits. The battery that came with my kit works just fine and lasts all day. I was wondering if maybe the charger I'm using isn't real good for charging the Evod battery, or just a bad battery? I bought the Evod battery brand new at vap shop.
Pictures below of the charger and batteries
I'm assuming the battery marked 'CrissCross" is the new battery. It looks to be a smaller battery with less Mah. Did the shop tell you the Mah on it? If it's only 600Mah it isn't going to last very long at all... maybe half a day if your a frequent vaper.
If you want more life... look into the Evod Mega, Vision Spinner II, eLeaf iStick, Ego One, Kanger Subvod ... All of these would be a nice step up from the standard 600Mah Ego.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Also... try taking an alcohol wipe and cleaning the 510 connection before you try to charge it again. If that don't work... you could simply have a dud and need to ask the shop to replace it.

R

Rob18042

I'm assuming the battery marked 'CrissCross" is the new battery. It looks to be a smaller battery with less Mah. Did the shop tell you the Mah on it? If it's only 600Mah it isn't going to last very long at all... maybe half a day if your a frequent vaper.
If you want more life... look into the Evod Mega, Vision Spinner II, eLeaf iStick, Ego One, Kanger Subvod ... All of these would be a nice step up from the standard 600Mah Ego.
The Evod is the new battery and the one giving me problems, and is bigger the Criss Cross battery but lasts way less when being used. The Criss Cross battery I think is 600Mah or 650Mah, the Evod looks like it could be 1000Mah from its size. Also I ordered a Joytechh AIO, waiting on that to be delivered, I needed a upgrade over the vap pen. Not enough smoke or a hit for me with vap pen, I have to hit slow and slowly pull the vapor into my mouth for a MTL hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob18042

Also... try taking an alcohol wipe and cleaning the 510 connection before you try to charge it again. If that don't work... you could simply have a dud and need to ask the shop to replace it.
I take a Qtip and clean the flat connection inside when I charge the batteries but will clean the threads too. If that don't work I'll take the Evod battery back to the store Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@Countrypami could it be the clearmizors I'm using are killing the battery of the Evod battery?
As long as you are staying within the recommended ohms, I don't think so. Anything between 1.5-3.0 should work just find on an Evod.

VU Sponsors