Become a Patron!

Evod problems

so I'm brand new to vaping, just wanted a way to get my nicotine without standing out in the cold and smelling like cigarettes. I bought an evod off amazon and put it all together, filled it with juice, charged the battery, yet it's just not working. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a piece or something?

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Is it turned on? If it's turned off: You have to press the button five (5) times in quick succession to turn it on.

Is it a Variable Voltage (VV) EVOD?

Is it turned on? If it's turned off: You have to press the button five (5) times in quick succession to turn it on.

Is it a Variable Voltage (VV) EVOD?
Yeah, it's turned on lol it lights up and all when it's on. How do I know whether it's variable voltage? I'm a genuine newbie

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
Do you have a link to the product your purchased?

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
If the battery is on, when you press the button, it should light up.
Are you holding down the button while drawing on it?

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Ok: It's not VV. If the battery fires and there's no vapour: Likely a bad atomizer in the tank. But could also be the battery. You'd need a multimeter to tell, for sure.

No offense meant: But that's a pretty low-end vaping setup you put together.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok: It's not VV. If the battery fires and there's no vapour: Likely a bad atomizer in the tank. But could also be the battery. You'd need a multimeter to tell, for sure.

Agreed... That's a very low end rig for sure...lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Lol like I said, I just wanted a way to smoke in the winter without freezing my ass off and I work minimum wage jobs. Cheap was kinda my goal. Is there any way to fix the atomizer? Does it need cleaned or something or would I have to order a different tank?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might take it to your local B/M vape shop and see if they can find the problem. Try another coil. Could be a dud.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Is there any way to fix the atomizer? Does it need cleaned or something or would I have to order a different tank?
Don't know if it's the tank. You wouldn't happen to have a friend with a multimeter, would you?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Did you get extra coils for the MT3? I would try changing out the coil and see if that works.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Take it off the battery and unscrew the bottom like you did when you filled it (upside down of course). Check that the coil is screwed in tightly. Check to see if eliquid is puddling an the end of the battery and clean it with a tissue if needed. If when you put it all together you still don't hear a sizzle or crackle when you fire it then it's possible you got a dud coil.

Take it off the battery and unscrew the bottom like you did when you filled it (upside down of course). Check that the coil is screwed in tightly. Check to see if eliquid is puddling an the end of the battery and clean it with a tissue if needed. If when you put it all together you still don't hear a sizzle or crackle when you fire it then it's possible you got a dud coil.
I did everything mentioned in this thread and still no sizzling or crackling :( well then can anyone recommend a battery I should get that won't cost TOO much that's compatible with the other parts I have?

I did everything mentioned in this thread and still no sizzling or crackling :( well then can anyone recommend a battery I should get that won't cost TOO much that's compatible with the other parts I have?

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
... can anyone recommend a battery I should get that won't cost TOO much that's compatible with the other parts I have?
Still haven't established it's not the coil that's at fault.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes. It screws into the base that screws onto your battery. It has the coil and the wick in it. If it's bad it won't fire. If it's not screwed in properly it may not make contact with the positive pin of your battery and may cause leakage. You say you've tried everything, does that include taking it to a local vape shop where someone can deal with it hands on and trying a different coil as suggested earlier?

VU Sponsors