Become a Patron!

evod

cordar

Member For 4 Years
ive been using the 1.5 ml evod cearomizer for prolly bout a year now. I rebuild the coil and wick with cotton. few questions
1..... how often do you replace the coil? do you wait till it pops or replace every few weeks regardless ? I mean do they get weak after time goes by even though they still have a nice glow?

2..... Will a dual coil head be much better then the single coils ive been rebuilding?

3.... will any of the other tanks hit better then a evod? like the iclears or protanks?

seems to me like all bcc should hit about the same, but I don't know so that's why im asking. thanks

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well, the Evod head is the same as the head used in the PT1&2 so no difference vapewise. You will gain a glass tank so you don't have to worry about if your juice is a tank cracker and you will gain a larger capacity. And I clears do produce more vaper. Dual coils.

A dual coil head in theory should produce about twice the vapor but will run your battery down faster.

And the heads, I just use them until they pop and then rebuild or replace them.

Hope this helps

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless you start getting lag. In which case replace it or clean it up by dry burning it

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When I rebuilt evod heads , I would take one out and put it in my protank 2 , it was lousy . Put it back in the evod and it worked great . Something about that protank is not right and I bought at least 3 . Today if I have to take something out and I'm in a hurry I will still grab an evod with 32 g kanthal and 2.5 mm silica ,still really good . The I clear has had its day , for me anyway have not used one in over a year . Cordar you'r on the right track.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used a nautilus at the weekend (for the record I won't be using it again) and it amazed me how long the juice lasts compared to kayfuns. It's been a long time since using clearos/glassos but there's still something to be said for them.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I used a nautilus at the weekend (for the record I won't be using it again) and it amazed me how long the juice lasts compared to kayfuns. It's been a long time since using clearos/glassos but there's still something to be said for them.
yes Sir , but for me the kayfun gives twice the vapor , I think thats why we use so much juice . I still use my Naut (.great tank) but ---not impressed .

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes Sir , but for me the kayfun gives twice the vapor , I think thats why we use so much juice . I still use my Naut (.great tank) but ---not impressed .
I guess it all comes down to if you've gotten hold of a decent packet of heads or not. I'll stay with rebuildables me thinks

cordar

Member For 4 Years
ive got a kayfun on the way. read nothing but good things about it. cant wait to stick it on my nemesis that is coming with it.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ive got a kayfun on the way. read nothing but good things about it. cant wait to stick it on my nemesis that is coming with it.
You'll need to build a low ohm on your kayfun if you're going to use it on a mech without a kick

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd go sub ohm if you want a decent hit. Just try out a few builds until it fires properly

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like my Kayfun at around one, good vape and still safe.....
Can go lower or higher depending on the juice....

VU Sponsors