Become a Patron!

Evolv Releases a New Test Firmware Update for the DNA200/250/Mac Beta Escribe

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks on that wire recommendation. I got it Friday and only built one vector with it, but it's pretty nice. Contact dual coils and TC? My dream... LOL. It definitely tastes different than kanthal, and better than nickel. I need to play around more, but it heats up fast, and is way easier to work with than nickel. I'm sitting at 2.5 mm dual 6 wraps metering at .31. I may drop to 2 mm to get some more wraps. .31 seems way too high for TC, but it's going nice. Fuck nickel. I was quicker with my first kayfun builds than nickel. Maybe it's just me but a nickel build can turn into an hour long affair sometimes.

Anyway, thanks again. Still haven't made a complete verdict, but it's nice.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad you are relatively happy with the wire. I hate recommending things that people end up being disappointed with. Thanks for leaving the feedback. I don't think building higher makes TC less accurate, it may actually make it more accurate. My dual builds are normally in the .28-.30 range and like them better than my Ni200 builds that were in the .05-.07 range. YMMV

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm glad you are relatively happy with the wire. I hate recommending things that people end up being disappointed with. Thanks for leaving the feedback. I don't think building higher makes TC less accurate, it may actually make it more accurate. My dual builds are normally in the .28-.30 range and like them better than my Ni200 builds that were in the .05-.07 range. YMMV

Cheers,
Steve
I have no science to back it up, but I have noticed a trend that the closer to 0.2 and up my ss builds are the better they perform in TC.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have no science to back it up, but I have noticed a trend that the closer to 0.2 and up my ss builds are the better they perform in TC.

Makes logical sense to me, higher resistance (larger mass) would seem to make the average resistance fluctuation take longer to rise or drop (probably micro seconds) and in turn reduce how frequently the device would need to limit power being applied? May be wrong but I think in particular with very low TCR wires where the devices are adjusting power very frequently a larger build will smooth that a bit.

BTW grats on your new position of Moderator.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Makes logical sense to me, higher resistance (larger mass) would seem to make the average resistance fluctuation take longer to rise or drop (probably micro seconds) and in turn reduce how frequently the device would need to limit power being applied? May be wrong but I think in particular with very low TCR wires where the devices are adjusting power very frequently a larger build will smooth that a bit.

BTW grats on your new position of Moderator.
thank you
I noticed the trend on the 350j and it carried over. would love to be able to have a way to really nail it down with actual evidence or visual. I hate making speculative statements

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thank you
I noticed the trend on the 350j and it carried over. would love to be able to have a way to really nail it down with actual evidence or visual. I hate making speculative statements
I was thinking of it from this perspective. With a .05 ohm build if for any reason the resistance is off (fluctuating) by .01 ohms that a 20% difference which would really throw TC off. If it was off by the same .01 ohm on a .30 ohm build that's only off by 3.3%. Higher ohm builds gives you a greater margin for resistance (fluctuation) error, especially with very low TCR wire.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was thinking of it from this perspective. With a .05 ohm build if for any reason the resistance is off (fluctuating) by .01 ohms that a 20% difference which would really throw TC off. If it was off by the same .01 ohm on a .30 ohm build that's only off by 3.3%. Higher ohm builds gives you a greater margin for resistance (fluctuation) error, especially with very low TCR wire.

Cheers,
Steve
roger, and that's the logical part.
I was moreless wishing I had he equipment here or access to it, to be able to show it.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
roger, and that's the logical part.
I was moreless wishing I had he equipment here or access to it, to be able to show it.
We have Escribe. Could try a low ohm build and a higher ohm build (same wire, same atty) and look at the results in the device monitor. I might have to try that when I get time.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We have Escribe. Could try a low ohm build and a higher ohm build (same wire, same atty) and look at the results in the device monitor. I might have to try that when I get time.

Cheers,
Steve
but that wouldn't give me third party info. I did do that a while ago. but I want to compare the results an measure actual temp
I need busardo's basement

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You know, it actually makes perfect sense regarding the low TCR of SS to build a bit higher. .01 is a big difference when you're resting ohms are .0? My lazy ass still hasn't built any other attys, I need to rewick about 10 right now, just been lazy. I'll tear some down and rebuild em today hopefully. I feel like it's almost taken some break in time for the SS. The flavor is different, but after a bit it's settled now to being close to kanthal. Maybe the wire needs a break in for my taste buds? I'm also gonna try torching it. It's pretty springy.

@f1r3b1rd you are a moderator now... Congrats man. You sure have a wealth of information to share. I'm glad you're sticking around the vaping, man.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You know, it actually makes perfect sense regarding the low TCR of SS to build a bit higher. .01 is a big difference when you're resting ohms are .0? My lazy ass still hasn't built any other attys, I need to rewick about 10 right now, just been lazy. I'll tear some down and rebuild em today hopefully. I feel like it's almost taken some break in time for the SS. The flavor is different, but after a bit it's settled now to being close to kanthal. Maybe the wire needs a break in for my taste buds? I'm also gonna try torching it. It's pretty springy.

@f1r3b1rd you are a moderator now... Congrats man. You sure have a wealth of information to share. I'm glad you're sticking around the vaping, man.
thank you, my friend!
yeah the logic of math works, in fact I have two spools of 430, one is 25g and the other 23g... both builds were dual coil 9 wraps @ 3m... the 23g was about a 0.16 and the 25 was right at 0.2.
it proved the point enough to me that a 0.2 ohm build or higher gets the best tc results with the 430.
I don't have anything larger than 24g 316, and all my builds have been around 0.2 or higher, so I didn't notice anything.

guess better late than never

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an update on the SS 430. I just built some new coils and lightly torched the wire before building with a BIC lighter (just got it to glow and moved on). I really like the results, it reminded me of building with Kanthal

PS I'm putting this here because we were talking about the wire in earlier posts (28ga SS430 from Unkamen) @TBCAmor, @f1r3b1rd

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have an update on the SS 430. I just built some new coils and lightly torched the wire before building with a BIC lighter (just got it to glow and moved on). I really like the results, it reminded me of building with Kanthal

PS I'm putting this here because we were talking about the wire in earlier posts (28ga SS430 from Unkamen) @TBCAmor, @f1r3b1rd

Cheers,
Steve
really? dude, that would complete the conversion for me right there!
almost out, gonna have to order some from unkamen

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just went in to try the update and it looks like there is another new one up there. 2_29, 1.0.42.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just went in to try the update and it looks like there is another new one up there. 2_29, 1.0.42.
I didn't add that yet because I haven't personally tried it. From James at Evolv, the only changes are:

"This version includes all of the changes of 2016-02-12 and 2016-02-23 and also:
(1) adds contributed translation for German. Thanks German DNA Crew!
(2) fixes .ecig file compatibility and locale issues some European users may have experienced. Restore Defaults should also be more reliable."

Since I'm in the USA, I haven't experienced any of those issues. I probably should add it to the first post just in case anyone has. I haven't seen anyone post on this thread that they had so I left well enough alone.

Cheers,
Steve

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree. I am in the US also, but your link went directly to 2_23 so I thought I would just add that to let people know.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree. I am in the US also, but your link went directly to 2_23 so I thought I would just add that to let people know.
I updated the first post but left the link to the 2016-02-23 update up as well since I haven't tried 2016-02-29 yet.

Cheers,
Steve

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I tore my first build down. Not enough surface area. I knew I could coax better flavor out, and I found a build I'm liking for now. 7 wrap 3mm id, drill twisted 28 ga SS 430. Dual coils at .23. Was shooting for higher. I have two vectors built this way, as well as one Aeolus V2. I kept the spaced wrapped .31 dual I'd already built, that Vapes well on another Vector.

The twisted wire makes a world of difference. The flavor is night and day, and TC is working great. Did some live monitoring on both devices with multiple attys. Both the Vector and the Aeolus are great for TC. Just well machined stable attys, and that's why I'm loving SS. I can finally build duals, a necessity for the Vector and all my top flow attys, which are all I really use.

Still haven't done the firmware, but twisted SS, is where it's at... For the moment, lol. It vapes ok in power mode too.

Also, I'm vaping at 430 F as opposed to 530 F range for Nickel... Fine with me.

Last edited:

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I tore my first build down. Not enough surface area. I knew I could coax better flavor out, and I found a build I'm liking for now. 7 wrap 3mm id, drill twisted 28 ga SS 430. Dual coils at .23. Was shooting for higher. I have two vectors built this way, as well as one Aeolus V2. I kept the spaced wrapped .31 dual I'd already built, that Vapes well on another Vector.

The twisted wire makes a world of difference. The flavor is night and day, and TC is working great. Did some live monitoring on both devices with multiple attys. Both the Vector and the Aeolus are great for TC. Just well machined stable attys, and that's why I'm loving SS. I can finally build duals, a necessity for the Vector and all my top flow attys, which are all I really use.

Still haven't done the firmware, but twisted SS, is where it's at... For the moment, lol. It vapes ok in power mode too.

Also, I'm vaping at 430 F as opposed to 530 F range for Nickel... Fine with me.
Yes, have 200 feet of 28 430, tossed it to side a few months ago and about a week ago started twisting it. 100% agree, results are what I was looking for. Twisting is about the extent I will go, could try and be more creative but hardly find the time to rebuild my tanks. Long story short 430 twisted works great.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*Evolv has released an Early Firmware*. I haven't tried it yet. I'm getting ready too. I was just reading where someone said it smoothed out SS TC. Like I said, I haven't tried it yet. Here's the copy and paste from their site:

"[EARLY]
*** 2016-08-05 EScribe 1.2 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/escribe/archive/SetupES250_2016-08-05.exe (57MB standardalone installer)
This version improves a lot of the basics of EScribe. Here is a list of improvements, by no means complete:
- Most windows are no longer modal.
- In Options, User Interface allows you to choose a desired complexity.
- This version is more modular. Device Monitor, Calculator, Production Utility, and Serial Terminal are now all optional install and can run separately.
- Other changes.

Device Monitor has been improved as well:
- You do not have to start EScribe to launch Device Monitor. It can be launched independently from the Start menu.
- You can run multiple copies of Device Monitor, and uploading/downloading settings will pause it.
- You can scroll back in time.

This version can communicate with DNA 60, 75, 200, and 250."

PS I'll update the first post.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If someone wants to try the new firmware. Make sure you don't have Escribe running. Download the standalone installer from the link above. Then click on it to install the new version of Escribe. Launch it and hook up your mod.

To update the firmware click on the Blue text "Click here to apply to your device"

I'm just installing it on one of my VT133's now. I'll let you know how it goes.

upload_2016-8-5_18-4-23-png.58354

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
woohoo.. damnitman! Steve is going to need to have an update day

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
dude! it killed the battery meter in my mods

edit: disconnect and reconnect the battery and it restores the battery issue

Last edited:

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Dude, my heart sank when I updated and it did that today... That's what my defective VT133 always did. All is good. I just uploaded settings to the device a second time. I find that it seems to revert to the no battery if I update data to the mod, then fixes it with a second upload of settings. Might be a bug. My Reulueax and both VT133's did the same thing, my LiPo Tugboat was fine. Seems an 18650, not just VT133 issue.

All is well, it's streamlined, and I do believe 316l is smoother. I'm guessing that will be fixed since it seems like an 18650 mod issue. I just wanted to install the shit before Monday. I want a 3rd VT133, but I'm forcing myself not to buy devices. I have so many and need to focus any extra funds on juice. Ordered 3 more Vectors, will have 9, but I always come back to them. They're incredibly well built and stable and don't leak at all. Flavors great, would like a drip tip option but oh well. Would love to try some new attys but I don't have money right now to try out new, which may not be my thing. Just hoarding my known loves. Got 8 more HG2's on the way, too. Just need juice. Lol.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Had the same damn issue. Had to soft reset.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've seen a few reports of people with VS saying after the update they can't charge @2 amps. I've also seen James say his and Nicks (Evolv) are still charging at 2 amps. Just giving a heads up to VS owners. I don't know what's going on for sure.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evolv just released a new update that fixes a couple of bugs that were on the one released on 8-5-16. Here's the link if anyone is interested;

[EARLY]
*** 2016-08-08 EScribe 1.2 SP3 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES250.exe (57MB standardalone installer)
This version improves a lot of the basics of EScribe. Here is a list of improvements, by no means complete:
- Most windows are no longer modal.
- In Options, User Interface allows you to choose a desired complexity.
- This version is more modular. Device Monitor, Calculator, Production Utility, and Serial Terminal are now all optional install and can run separately.
- Other changes.

Device Monitor has been improved as well:
- You do not have to start EScribe to launch Device Monitor. It can be launched independently from the Start menu.
- You can run multiple copies of Device Monitor, and uploading/downloading settings will pause it.
- You can scroll back in time.

This version can communicate with DNA 60, 60 Small Screen, 75, 200, and 250.

This is what happens when you are an early adapter. We find a few bugs and another firmware is released in a few days, I'm not sure if this will be the last update or if a couple of more bugs will pop up. I'm just posting it for those like me that are adventurous :D

PS I'll also update the first post.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Did they take out where you can adjust the battery?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just noticed Evolv snuck in a new Service Pack on me, V1.2 SP4. Here's the link for anyone that's interested. I updated the first post in this thread as well. The newest version is always at the bottom of the first post.

[EARLY]
*** EScribe 1.2 SP4 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP4_ServicePack.exe (11MB service pack)
This service pack is mostly bug fixes.

On the EScribe side:
- This resolves some scaling issues in Large Fonts mode / on high-DPI screens.
- Get Information shows which tests were actually performed by the manufacturer in Production Utility.
- Get Information's Manufacturer link did not work in 1.2 SP3. This has been fixed.
- When you had more than one DNA device connected, the auto-connect did not automatically select the new one in the Connect dialog. This has been fixed.
- Minor compatibility and bug fixes.

On the device side:
- Fixed a bug on the DNA 250 that could cause its charging to be slow with certain USB cables (in my tests, the problem cables were flat).

Other:
- For DNA 250, Production Utility now requires charge tests to be at least 900 mA. This may require a powered USB hub.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I installed the update and apparently it's not a firmware update for the DNA200. I started combing through Evolvs site and apparently it's for charging issues the DNA250 was having. I'm not uninstalling it because I'll probably end up with a DNA250 somewhere down the line. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case you are wondering why you don't see the blue writing telling you there is a service pack/update you can install when you plug your DNA200's in.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evolv just released a new Service Pack (SP5) that among other things fixes the bug where some mods lost the Battery Bar when changing settings :cheers:

[EARLY]
*** EScribe 1.2 SP5 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP5_ServicePack.exe (11MB service pack)
This service pack is mostly bug fixes.

On the device side:
- DNA 200 and DNA 250 no longer lose the battery meter on startup sometimes.
- Calibration values have been improved slightly for newer DNA 200s and DNA 250s. (More accurate USB Voltage, mainly.)
- Temperature Protected and other messages now show the correct number of flashes again.
- Some VaporShark DNA 200s would reset charging when above 0.8A with 1.2 SP3 and 1.2 SP4. They now charge at full speed.

On the EScribe side:
- Device Monitor no longer shows Battery Cell 3 on 2-cell devices (except in debug mode).
- Get Information shows test information in an easier-to-read form.
- Production Utility's Battery Test is now more thorough. It also shows a progress bar.
- Production Utility's Fire Test completes more quickly now. It also shows a progress bar.
- This resolves some more scaling issues in Large Fonts mode and some crash bugs.
- Minor bug and compatibility fixes.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the link to the latest Service Pack (1.2 SP5.2). It seems to be on the Escribe side of things, since when I applied it, I wasn't prompted to upload new firmware to my mods. I think the main thing is it fixes the EEPROM Read errors some of us got when trying to hook up a mod to Escribe (I had that recently on one of my mods)

[EARLY]
*** EScribe 1.2 SP5.2 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP5_2_ServicePack.exe (12MB service pack)
This service pack is minor bug fixes.

On the EScribe side:
- EScribe no longer has EEPROM Read Errors with some 1.2 SP5 devices. It can now upload to and download from them correctly. (With these devices, manually updating the firmware can still be useful to speed up uploading and downloading.)
- Help->Report Bug and Help->Send Feedback go to the Help Desk.
- TLS 1.2 is now used for secure connections if available.
- The progress bar displays correctly when the desktop theme is Windows Classic.

It also improves Production Utility:
- Production Utility now checks that the thermistor is working correctly. (You will need to be in a room warmer than 0F to use Production Utility.)
- Production Utility now shows a code identifying the firmware being loaded on, to prevent accidental loading of other firmware. Current firmware hashes are:
-- DNA 60 - 1.2 SP3 - DAC2
-- DNA 60 Small Screen - 1.2 SP3 - A103
-- DNA 75 - 2016-06-05 - 95D6
-- DNA 200 - 1.2 SP5 - 7E55
-- DNA 250 - 1.2 SP5 - F5C7
- The error dialog doesn't go behind the Production Utility window any more.

Cheers,
Steve

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info, Steve.

Quick question.... So my VS 200 needs to back to the mothership to have the button fixed, refinished and remove the juice I got on the screen. I read somewhere that VS will swap the 200 chip for the 250 and only cost $50. So my question - do you think it's worth it to have them swap it out?

Thanks

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Quick question.... So my VS 200 needs to back to the mothership to have the button fixed, refinished and remove the juice I got on the screen. I read somewhere that VS will swap the 200 chip for the 250 and only cost $50. So my question - do you think it's worth it to have them swap it out?

Thanks
If I was sending it back anyway, I would probably do it. It's a tough call though since it's 2 amp charging either way. The chip itself goes for around $80 plus the labor to change it. I would do it, but whether you think it's worth it, only you can decide (I'm not being terse, I'm just saying we are all different). To me it's a good price to have your mod upgraded to the latest, greatest chip (new 1 year warranty on the chip as well). :cheers:

PS It's a lot less than buying a new mod :D

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: Here's the link to the upgrade if you are interested:
http://www.vaporshark.com/dna-200-upgrade-service

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Thanks
I had them swap mine out as soon as they got the boards a month ago, in fact they are swapping the boards in my flasks right now.
Is it worth it!?
Not sure, like Steve said we have 2a charging either way.
The 50w increase is of zero interest to me, the improved board componets are. The ss tc is noticeably smoother, the battery life is noticeably improved.

Other than that, its a personal call. Both boards are superb.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had them swap mine out as soon as they got the boards a month ago, in fact they are swapping the boards in my flasks right now.
Is it worth it!?
Not sure, like Steve said we have 2a charging either way.
The 50w increase is of zero interest to me, the improved board componets are. The ss tc is noticeably smoother, the battery life is noticeably improved.

Other than that, its a personal call. Both boards are superb.
I'll add to that, I believe you also get the battery quick disconnect so changing the 3s Lipo (when the time comes) would be easy I thought I read that, it might come like that either way.

@f1r3b1rd I wasn't aware they were offering that for the Flask. Is the price the same? I might have to send mine in :D

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'll add to that, I believe you also get the battery quick disconnect so changing the 3s Lipo (when the time comes) would be easy I thought I read that, it might come like that either way.

@f1r3b1rd I wasn't aware they were offering that for the Flask. Is the price the same? I might have to send mine in :D

Cheers,
Steve
Yeah call them though. When I asked about it last month they were waiting for screen extensions. They were supposed to come in Friday., so I sent mine off Thursday

Last edited:

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I plugged in my Dotmod DNA200 and got an error, and now the mod won't even turn on.
Here's the error log:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
W.YI: Exception of type 'W.YI' was thrown.
   at N.CN.gg(IWin32Window , AR )
   at DimensionEngineering.Common.Platform.Windows.WindowsPlatformHelper.ShowProgressBar(AR callback)
   at j.Er.B(Yj , Object , Boolean& , Boolean )
   at j.Er.RYI.Tr()
   at j.Er.P(bH , RYa , Boolean , Boolean& , Boolean )
   at j.Er.x(Func`1 , Boolean& , Boolean , Boolean )
   at j.Er.II()
   at j.SZ.P(Nullable`1 , Qe , Po , Nullable`1& )
   at j.SZ.T(Qe& , Po& , Byte[]& , mT& , Nullable`1& , Boolean , Boolean , Nullable`1 , Object )
   at j.SZ.N(Boolean , Boolean , Nullable`1 , Object , Boolean )
   at m.LY.pv.YN()
   at m.LY.pv.pY.E(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DEScribe
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/EScribe.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
DEScribe.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/DEScribe.Core.DLL
DimensionEngineering.Common.Windows
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/DimensionEngineering.Common.Windows.DLL
DimensionEngineering.Common
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/DimensionEngineering.Common.DLL
DimensionEngineering.PluginApi
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/DimensionEngineering.PluginApi.DLL
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
DEScribe.Branding
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/DEScribe.Branding.DLL
DimensionEngineering
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/DimensionEngineering.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
u
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/DEScribe.Branding.dll
CookComputing.XmlRpcV2
    Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.0.270
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.DLL
DEScribe.PluginApi
    Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/DEScribe.PluginApi.DLL
DEScribe.UI
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/DEScribe.UI.DLL
IllusoryStudios.Math
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/IllusoryStudios.Math.DLL
IllusoryStudios.OpenSsl
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/IllusoryStudios.OpenSsl.DLL
Evolv.DNA
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/Evolv.DNA.DLL
System.Security
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Security/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Security.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
SecondLanguage
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3.1
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/SecondLanguage.DLL
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
    Assembly Version: 0.86.0.518
    Win32 Version: 0.86.0.518
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL
EquationParser
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/EquationParser.DLL
l
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/DEScribe.Core.dll
NBit
    Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/NBit.DLL
DeviceConnectivity
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/DeviceConnectivity.DLL
XmlRpcProxyb732baf6-64f3-4692-8491-0321f9a4a47c
    Win32 Version: 3.0.0.270
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll
DeviceMonitor.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/DeviceMonitor.Core.DLL
HidSharp
    Assembly Version: 1.10.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.10.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/HidSharp.DLL
e
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/DeviceConnectivity.dll
SaberUpload
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/PhilC/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe%20Suite/SaberUpload.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now I'm afraid to update my Lavabox or Therion

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I'm afraid to update my Lavabox or Therion
Mine shows V1.2 SP5.2 on Escribe (Help > About Escribe) but when I plugged my mod in I didn't get the dialog box to upgrade the firmware.
upload_2017-1-7_12-7-21.png

On the Device Monitor I still get 1.2 SP5 with the mod connected.
upload_2017-1-7_12-6-16.png

You can plug your mod in and go back to a previous firmware:
Tools > Apply Service Pack >DNA200 > pick an earlier SP that was ok
upload_2017-1-7_12-9-42.png

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

VU Sponsors