Become a Patron!

Evolve's new temp controlled 25 watt chip .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, unfortunately i don't have info on it but i was hoping someone else might , " Vaping Cheap" said it's coming and the price will be very reasonable .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I doubt it will be as big a seller as the 40 watt but it sounds perfect for a Fasttech enclosure . Don't know what the 40 watt chips are selling at though.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
they hinted at this in the pbusardo dna40 video, pretty much just a cheaper smaller version of the dna40 for stealth mods. very interested to see what kind of tiny mods will come out using this chip

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they hinted at this in the pbusardo dna40 video, pretty much just a cheaper smaller version of the dna40 for stealth mods. very interested to see what kind of tiny mods will come out using this chip

Man i can't wait for that , a tiny mod with a high quality temp controlled chip , now thats awesome.

WiSilverVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Might this be what is going in the next version of MVP? hmmmmm, that would really rock.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can hope anyway, since I'm pretty sure I aint getting a dna40 for christmas
i got mine and vaporshark is having to send me a new one due to screen malfunctions and battery reading. i can say that 25 watts with temp control is definitely enough for tanks at least, thats actually what im running my kayfun at right now at 450 degrees

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
DNA 40 chips are only 59.99 I got one for my cana mini

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does the DNA 40 watt really provide a superior vape is the question , is temp control that critical , i never had an issue with dry hits or burnt juice , i would be thrilled with a DNA 30 D for my Cana box actually.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As far as the new MVP , i wouldn't mind a 25 watt Evolve chip in there but only if it was a battery replaceable device. They are already coming out with a few different versions of the new MVP and at least one will be 30 watt .

The 25 watt chip most likely will be in one of them.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What would really be cools is an iStick with a DNA25. That thing would sell like mad if they priced it under $60.

Highly doubt it unless it was a user replaceable battery model. Doubt your getting a real deal temp controlled DNA 25 type mod for that price.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Does the DNA 40 watt really provide a superior vape is the question , is temp control that critical , i never had an issue with dry hits or burnt juice , i would be thrilled with a DNA 30 D for my Cana box actually.

This is what I was thinking ... Does a 25W chip even need temperature control? At 25W temperature control definitely comes off more like a gimmick, than innovation. Now on a 100W + device, it makes way more sense.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is what I was thinking ... Does a 25W chip even need temperature control? At 25W temperature control definitely comes off more like a gimmick, than innovation. Now on a 100W + device, it makes way more sense.
Yea, I think you are correct. Unless the users is vaping a nickle wire coiled atty, the temp control makes no difference.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We were/are burning cotton on 15w Vamo's.... so certainly a 25w device could benefit from the temp control
Yea, but do you want to vape on pure nickel wire?:) I'm just not cool with using pure nickel due to the allergic properties of nickel metal.

"Results: From 1992 to 2004, 25,626 patients were patch-tested. The percentage of women tested was fairly constant (61.4-66.3%). A steady increase in nickel sensitivity was seen from 1992 to 2004. Subgroup analysis did not identify a population with declining nickel allergy.

Conclusions: Nickel allergy continues to increase in younger and older men and women patch-tested in North America."

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/572961

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To be honest i'm just not sold on the whole "temp control " thing . I do not experience dry hits and burnt juice and i vape at higher ohm's , kanthal works great for me and i am completely happy without temp control .

I think vaping is becoming more compilcated then it needs to be actually.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isn't one of the reason for the temp control was. because at certain temperatures the jucie releases toxins and lower temp it dosen't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I certainly don't see that setting a temperature limit is by any means something complicated...

The issue with the nickel sensitivities, considering the percentage of people, is something that should concern us and should be addressed. Addressing it may be difficult since there aren't that many metals that are generally safe for the majority of people like say gold and certain stainless steels. The issue of possible release of toxins will need to be made vs the potential of a person having an allergy to nickel ( at this time )

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Isn't one of the reason for the temp control was. because at certain temperatures the jucie releases toxins and lower temp it dosen't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most know the potential risks of vaping high wattage and low ohms by now and most choose to go that route anyway . I have always vaped low wattage and higher ohm's so i am not concerned about coil temps anyway . I typically vape under 10 watts .

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, but do you want to vape on pure nickel wire?:) I'm just not cool with using pure nickel due to the allergic properties of nickel metal.

"Results: From 1992 to 2004, 25,626 patients were patch-tested. The percentage of women tested was fairly constant (61.4-66.3%). A steady increase in nickel sensitivity was seen from 1992 to 2004. Subgroup analysis did not identify a population with declining nickel allergy.

Conclusions: Nickel allergy continues to increase in younger and older men and women patch-tested in North America."

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/572961

I finally had time to revisit this info and I find the portion quoted takes the information out of context. The following is the info verbatim...

During this time, the ratio of women who were patch-tested to men who were patch-tested remained fairly constant, at 61.4 to 66.3% women to 33.6 to 38.6% men.

So it wasn't saying that 61.4-66.3% of women were allergic... it was saying that of the people tested that percentage were women instead of men. They did report that in the testing timeframe... they found an increase of nickel sensitivity in the population tested... going from 14.5% in 1992 test groups up to 18.8% in the 2004 tests. The report also indicated that a higher percentage of women vs men have a nickel sensitivity... and that younger ( below 18-19 years old ) test subjects also indicated a higher sensitivity.

This doesn't minimize the importance of the data presented... it just shows that what has been discussed in relation to vaping has been exaggerated by someone taking the information out of context. It also overlooks many other factors... One is that nickel is common in the very foods we eat and those concentration levels differ in certain areas of the world due to the minerals found in the soils those foods are grown in. It also doesn't mention that NiChrome wire itself contains 60-80% nickel itself and the remaining portion is chromium. Kanthal doesn't include nickel but instead includes aluminum ( and iron ), aluminum is also another metal which has health concerns related to it such as a possible link to an increase of alzheimer's seen today. Copper and zinc area also other metals which our bodies required trace amounts of for proper health... but in larger quantities they are also considered poisonous. Some vapers also have a sensitivity to PG and/or VG while others do not.

I don't want to minimize the importance that the study has presented... I simply want cooler heads to prevail and realize that we must take this type of information and keep it in perspective. If you have or suspect a sensitivity to something be it nickel, PG or VG or... whatever. Take the required steps to maintain your health and try to avoid those substances... but don't assume that because some people have a sensitivity that suddenly everyone should take the same precautions...

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The question I would have to ask about the nickel wire is if you heat up nickel to warm something else, do you inhale the nickel?? I would say probably not. Therefore the whole scare about using nickel to me is misplaced. I do not believe anyone will have a problem using the nickel wire unless they melt it down. According to Google, Nickel melts at 2,651°F (1,455°C). I do not think the best battery made with the lowest ohm build you can put on it would get that hot. As far as I am concerned, the nickel wire will not harm anyone at the temperature we would be using it at. Especially with a DNA40 or DNA25 temperature controlled mod.

CV :)

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The question I would have to ask about the nickel wire is if you heat up nickel to warm something else, do you inhale the nickel?? I would say probably not. ...

Actually I do believe that some nickel is transferred to the e-liquid even at room temperatures so the question is the amount and how much ends up being contained in the vapor as well. The nickel sensitivity studies quoted simply used contact patches in their studies. Also remember that these studies also are using/looking at quantities of PPM or similiar which are very minuscule amounts.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Digging up this old thread to ask this question: I am sensitive/allergic to nickel (can't wear earrings or other jewelry with nickel content). I know many people that are, but as jewelry has improved less nickel seems to be used, so it may be that newer generations aren't aware if they have this sensitivity.

Based on this, I would be terrified to vape nickel - imagine if the mess with my skin were in my lungs? It would go from annoying presumably to dangerous.

Has any research been done on this to see whether an skin allergy would also affect the lungs/throat/mouth from using nickel wire? I wouldn't use it simply because I'd have to use gloves to wrap the coils, but I'm wondering how much is known about this?

laurie9300

Member For 5 Years
One of the DNA40 beta testers was also highly allergic to nickel, but suffered no I'll effects from vaping nickel wire. It seems the nickel stays put in the atomizer.........

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of the DNA40 beta testers was also highly allergic to nickel, but suffered no I'll effects from vaping nickel wire. It seems the nickel stays put in the atomizer.........

Can you tell me where this was reported? Nickel doesn't like me eeber.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I may be crazy but why do you need temp control when you already have it...Stop being power mongers on your device and you wont burn your coil and cotton up.

TEMP CONTROL = Lower your friggin watts. :)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is eVo suing this evolv as well?

VU Sponsors