Become a Patron!

Excited Newbie!

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Just built my first coil the other night....I have now gone and bought just about every kind of wire out there lol. I tend to go overboard sometimes. I am really excited about being able to build coils now! I have not attempted to fire any of the ones I have made yet. I do not know a lot about how many wraps to do and what ohms etc. So I won't fire any up until I have an understanding of how it all works. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just built my first coil the other night....I have now gone and bought just about every kind of wire out there lol. I tend to go overboard sometimes. I am really excited about being able to build coils now! I have not attempted to fire any of the ones I have made yet. I do not know a lot about how many wraps to do and what ohms etc. So I won't fire any up until I have an understanding of how it all works. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!
Download the vape tool app

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Download the vape tool app

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I have an iPhone, I do not see that app...I did get an app this morning called Coil Builder. Looks decent.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
This is a good one, I use vape tool at times but I find myself going to steam engine anyway.
http://www.steam-engine.org
Also get yourself a meter to test after you build. You can do it on a regulated mod but it is always good to have the meter.

I have one that came in my coil building kit but it's a cheap knock off. I am getting the Coil Master 521 tomorrow. That a decent meter?

Sent from a pay phone

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one that came in my coil building kit but it's a cheap knock off. I am getting the Coil Master 521 tomorrow. That a decent meter?

Sent from a pay phone
Stay away from the mini.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Stay away from the mini.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
oh..that is what I was going to buy...guess I better not then....what do you recommend?

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh..that is what I was going to buy...guess I better not then....what do you recommend?
compare the results from the meter that came in your kit with whatever regulated mods you have. if they all agree on the resistance, your reader is probably fine...especially if they all agree with steam engine/wire wizards estimate of your build.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an iPhone, I do not see that app...I did get an app this morning called Coil Builder. Looks decent.

I'm still a noob at coil building, but I use this app also. It seems to match up with steam engine well and it allows you to save your builds. I paid the $1.99 for the premium just because and I probably play with that app more than angry birds.

VU Sponsors