Become a Patron!

Exotic coils and resistance noob question

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so about a year ago I entered the world of RDA's and I love it. Up to this point the fanciest coils I've made/used were of premade twisted or clapton wire. I've been curious about using more advanced coils. They will be premade ones as I have no desire to build my own, but this is where I get confused. I've been using dual coils in my RDA's and I know in that mode 2x .5ohm will come out to around .2ishohm but with these staggered, stapled, twisted tiger massive whatever coils are listed as say .15 or .2ohms. How do you use these types of coils without going below (and possibly not being safe) the resistance thresholds of many common mods (currently using a Smok tpriv)? I see reviewers and people in forums using these exotic coils in dual all the time. How?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I add few more wraps and if I can't got them in like that I'll stick to original plan and run them as a single coil. it's very much as Honda said I use steam engine to calculate what they will be before I make them and work towards that and build for each atty differently depending on what works best

JazzyJag70

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
VU Live Host
Make sure you do the math with every build, check battery specifications, check devices capabilities. You can never be to safe,

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, so about a year ago I entered the world of RDA's and I love it. Up to this point the fanciest coils I've made/used were of premade twisted or clapton wire. I've been curious about using more advanced coils. They will be premade ones as I have no desire to build my own, but this is where I get confused. I've been using dual coils in my RDA's and I know in that mode 2x .5ohm will come out to around .2ishohm but with these staggered, stapled, twisted tiger massive whatever coils are listed as say .15 or .2ohms. How do you use these types of coils without going below (and possibly not being safe) the resistance thresholds of many common mods (currently using a Smok tpriv)? I see reviewers and people in forums using these exotic coils in dual all the time. How?

According to the specs, your t-priv will fire down to .06 ohms. The Alien specs .1 and the Hohmwrecker G2 claims it will fire to .007. Then you've got the Hohm Slice which claims it can fire as low as .000001. On your t-priv, or any mod for that matter, just make sure your batteries will handle whatever current they're having to supply. Low resistance doesn't matter. If it's too low, your mod will refuse to fire it.

The main thing to be concerned with is your batteries.

Samsung 25R or 30Q for 20 amps or less
Sony VTC5a for 25 amps
LG HB6 for 30 amps

Those are the ones I'm familiar with. Other folks might add to the list.

VU Sponsors