Become a Patron!

Exotic coils in rta

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I found it. Lol
I've only watched one video so far, and that one used 2 spools at the same time to clapton the ribbon, that kinda scares me. I'm gonna watch a couple more to see if there's an easier way
It's a little different. With a Groove-fused you can use just one spool. I Claptoned 10x.4mm with 38g. Then I framed it with 28g and used 42g to hold it all together. The 42 sits in the dents (grooves) between the 38g. No dual-spooling required

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's a little different. With a Groove-fused you can use just one spool. I Claptoned 10x.4mm with 38g. Then I framed it with 28g and used 42g to hold it all together. The 42 sits in the dents (grooves) between the 38g. No dual-spooling required

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk
Did the 42 push the first clapton off of the ribbon a little bit toward the end?

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
@Everpresentnewb theres a technique called groove fusing where you lay a wrap of high gauge (40+) around your parallel claptons, in the grooves between your 34 gauge wraps. its not as hard as it sounds. if you are right in the groove, it feels like you are making a regular clapton because your fuse/wrap is landing right where it belongs. if you get a little out of alignment (ahead or behind where you should be), you can feel a little 'tinktinktink' as the wraps kind of snap down into place. just be careful to align the two claptons so their grooves line up when you tighten them down in your drill before you start fusing.

Hmm... Think Ill try that the next time I build... I normally just toss some wire together trying to get surface area and keep it under .21 as thats the safe limit for my NLPWM. Never worry to much about how they look. Hell some of my best vaping coils are ugly as hell. I also like to make the claptons and then fuse them the same way I did in the pic but with .3 ribbon. Just to hold the coils together and to add more nooks and crannies for the juice to collect prior to my pushing the happy button.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been building coils now for a year but I haven't done anything more fancy than fused claptons. I only use rtas for the most part, very rarely do I drip anymore because I find it just to much of a hassle. My question today is, is there any benefit from running anything more exotic than a fused clapton, like framed staples, staggered fused claptons, staple staggered fused claptons etc, in an rta? I know they are all supposed to give better flavor, but I think when people say this try are referring to RDAs because the act of dripping actually saturates the coil with juice, letting it into all those little crevices. With an RTA, I feel the juice can't really soak into the coil because if wicked right the cotton stops soaking up juice when saturated. I want to make fancy coils but I don't want to waste my time if I'm not going to get a major improvement. Time is a very precious commodity for me.
Aliens and fused claptons are all I run in my tanks. The Griffin 25, Aromamizer Supreme, Crius plus, and Boreas will all fit dual 5 wrap 3×26/36 aliens and the vape is slightly better than fused claptons, its not an amazing difference but it is noticeable and worth the extra effort to make them. Aliens suck to learn but after you get the routine down they are simple.20161229_174759.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Put anything in there as long as they burn even.... You're good to go.....
Modfather postless is good for crazy shit....Even the regular deck can handle good stuff.....
C360_2016-11-24-03-29-49-826.jpg
C360_2016-11-02-01-06-01-024.jpg
82392ccfba970abde5894229f6ba2d4c.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VU Sponsors