Become a Patron!

expand my narrow view...

vladtepes

Member For 4 Years
OK so I bought a kayfun clone when I first started building coils.. and it worked really well so I got a couple more.. was generally satisfied.. then got an orchid clone.. as I stated in my other thread again not bad at all.. I upped the wattage and its definitely OK.. but my view has been limited to my local brick and mortar store..

so I ask you the community.. based on the following.. what do I want..

I want the airflow of an orchid..
I would prefer single coil (I am still just more comfortable with it)
I am not super worried about tank capacity
budget is sub $50.. sub $40 would be better but for the right device I would probably go up to $50..
I am not all that concerned about glass tanks..but need some kind of window..

so I have read bits and pieces of different threads and reviews.. but I am open..
input is greatly appreciated... thanks..

Jake R.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you strictly looking for tank atomizers? Or drippers as well?

vladtepes

Member For 4 Years
Definitely want a tank... I vape at work and am at a desk but running around a lot so a tank is a huge plus..

Jake R.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've only owned a kayfun and then went to drippers. Maybe look into the aspire Atlantis? It's around $40. It's a tank, but you don't rebuild it. It comes with prebuilt and wicked coils that just screw in and the air flow is real nice on it.

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Take a look at the big buddha. Its a kafun type but bigger.
Bigger deck.bigger tank,bigger air.... Bigger everything.

driver379

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lemo if you are wanting more airflow. They have a nice big tank make good flavor and vapor production is really good.23 mm but fits on my vapor shark without any overhang. Can't beat the price.

vladtepes

Member For 4 Years
Take a look at the big buddha. Its a kafun type but bigger.
Bigger deck.bigger tank,bigger air.... Bigger everything.

How about air flow? The reality is I like my kayfun clones a lot... But they are brutal on airflow..

vladtepes

Member For 4 Years
Lemo if you are wanting more airflow. They have a nice big tank make good flavor and vapor production is really good.23 mm but fits on my vapor shark without any overhang. Can't beat the price.

I was reading through that thread
And it sounds good... People were complaining about
The air flow adjustment?

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How about air flow? The reality is I like my kayfun clones a lot... But they are brutal on airflow..
The big buddha is a 26650 tank/30mm so everything is oversized. The deck is set up for dual coil but you can build singles. The airflow screw is on the side so you can pull that out altogether and really open up the airflow.
Its running at 50$ at kidney puncher but you might find it cheaper if you look around a bit.

Rawmade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You want airflow get either the Lemo or Lemo Drop (smaller version) for rebuildable, or the Aspire Atlantis, which is a clearo that takes coils but massive vapor and airflow on that thing for a tank. Cant believe im suggesting a clearo but its that good. Lemo can be had for $35ish, Atlantis for $25-30.
Rememeber with the Atlantis they are .5ohm coils so youll need a sub ohm capable device or mech

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Single coil dripper on a REO might do the trick. After moving to rebuildable's, I absolutely refuse to use any device with pre-built coils. If I had a bigger vape budget, a REO would be part of my collection.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Squape R clone.

drill out the center pin and air hole of the kayfun, go slow and use ejuice as cutting oil. hand drill and vice or vice grips will work fine. drill the center pin and side holes of center pin to 5/64"

if not buy a kayfunmods center pin (over priced imho) for $14 and install it in your kayfun, you'll be surprised at what a 2MM full airflow does to a kayfun.

I have a lemo, erl and kayfun and still daily drive all my drilled out kayfuns.

VU Sponsors