Become a Patron!

Explain "Smooth" Air Flow

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This term has taken over in the last year or so. And I am yet to find a definition.

Some i have heard suggested:

-The opposite of throat hit
-Quiet/no whistle
-Laminar air flow

I have never heard a review that says "The AFC lacks smoothness. It is not smooth" or to offer an opposite of smooth

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What's next Chunky and not Smooth? Advertising gets more infantile the younger the people doing are.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This term has taken over in the last year or so. And I am yet to find a definition.

Some i have heard suggested:

-The opposite of throat hit
-Quiet/no whistle
-Laminar air flow

I have never heard a review that says "The AFC lacks smoothness. It is not smooth" or to offer an opposite of smooth

Smooth air to me means quiet

There is one review that comes to mind - the Morphe rda review by grimm green - the air is turbulent as hell. I used it and hated it for that - wasnt just loud no matter how you adjusted it, but it randomly changed which side let in more air - you could feel a weird turbulence that was distracting (and noisy)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Not choppy (or as some say turbulent) on the draw...velvety is a smooth draw to me

Noise is somewhat separate to me although part of the package generally a quiet smooth draw goes hand in hand

Haha

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No one asked about smooth vape. Which is more related to electronics.

Smooth air flow is the topic

Vape, overall, to me, means all of it, the whole package - mod, atty, vapor, flavor, airflow, the whole experience and shebang - I could argue that the coil itself is more important for a "smooth vape" than electronics (what about mechanical mods haha?) but I won't, that's off topic

I do believe she was talking about smooth vape in terms of smooth air - that's how I read it

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
No one asked about smooth vape. Which is more related to electronics.

Smooth air flow is the topic
Well, since "Smooth" Air Flow posted in a vaping forum under rebuildables is the topic, I'll say that while some of the smooth "vape" can be attributed to the electronic part, air flow would pertain to the atty. Of which
smooth non turbulent & quiet defines
For me smooth af is mostly a comparative term, deemed from experience.
Kinda like, you don't know till you have it smoother.
If someone says it has smooth af, then to me it means smoother than usual. And "usual" is where the experienced part comes in.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vape, overall, to me, means all of it, the whole package - mod, atty, vapor, flavor, airflow, the whole experience and shebang - I could argue that the coil itself is more important for a "smooth vape" than electronics (what about mechanical mods haha?) but I won't, that's off topic

I do believe she was talking about smooth vape in terms of smooth air - that's how I read it
Thank you!

VU Sponsors