Become a Patron!

Extensively picky smoker looking to move to vaping, requests wisdom of the masses

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vapresso target mini- very tiny and the tank looks protected, a few here have this kit! I do not own this , but looks so so tiny!

I've one for travel only. Not ideal as my daily driver. But I'm glad I have it and didn't spend an inordinate amount of time and energy to pick one up. $40 is way less than a carton of cigs.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I've one for travel only. Not ideal as my daily driver. But I'm glad I have it and didn't spend an inordinate amount of time and energy to pick one up. $40 is way less than a carton of cigs.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.
I use the Nebox as my daily run around town! 10mls of eliquid and carry a spare battery, I am set for all day! I have never used that Vaporesso kit, but looks small enough for the OP, I have the Yosta Livepor 60w I won on a contest here and that is very tiny, but not as small as the Vaporesso! 1500 mAh battery doesn't get you very far.I got the Yosta Livepor 160w big brother to the 60w, great that it takes 2 18650 bateries, lasts all day- sometimes longer, but that is way to big to drag around in my pocket, he stays at home, I use that with the Freemax Starre Pure tank, which holds 4mls! I guess we are trying to let the OP know that there is really not 1 mod for everything, I guess thats why it is so hard to pick the perfect tank and mod, each one of us has something we need or like or size, I am always on the hunt for the latest and greatest!

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use the Nebox as my daily run around town! 10mls of eliquid and carry a spare battery, I am set for all day! I have never used that Vaporesso kit, but looks small enough for the OP, I have the Yosta Livepor 60w I won on a contest here and that is very tiny, but not as small as the Vaporesso! 1500 mAh battery doesn't get you very far.I got the Yosta Livepor 160w big brother to the 60w, great that it takes 2 18650 bateries, lasts all day- sometimes longer, but that is way to big to drag around in my pocket, he stays at home, I use that with the Freemax Starre Pure tank, which holds 4mls! I guess we are trying to let the OP know that there is really not 1 mod for everything, I guess thats why it is so hard to pick the perfect tank and mod, each one of us has something we need or like or size, I am always on the hunt for the latest and greatest!

You da MAN !
Thanks for the really nice suggestions bud.

And yes, it's the part about convincing the goddamn 3 yr old that it's all good. He takes his time, but he's a good kid :D

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hate to beat a dead horse again but its my Provari I use daily just for reliability. For 3 1/2 years now of daily use she still puts out the vape. I will shed a tear of Provape does close their doors. Attys are whatever works for you but if your hitter fails it doesn't matter what kind or how expensive the atty is ontop. Reliability in hitters is hard to come by in the vape world.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
You da MAN !
Thanks for the really nice suggestions bud.

And yes, it's the part about convincing the goddamn 3 yr old that it's all good. He takes his time, but he's a good kid :D

It's all good, take your time, you have got to be comfortable with your choice! I get it! There are so many options- I forgot that pretty popular Eleaf Pico and Melo tank, I have 2 of them and they are great, switch out the drip tip, and that is a nice MTL hitter! The coils are nice,cheap,and easy to get! The prices of these are great and now they have the new copper trim Pico- really sharp! The Pico takes external 18650 battery, a great setup at 75w, and fits in the palm of your hand!
You have to feel comfortable and love using a device, like Andria said, when I started out I wanted as close to a cigarette size, which I used for many months, once I got comfortable, I started buying the mods and tanks! I am always looking for the next best!

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10012342/6547300-authentic-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-tc-vw-
apv-box-mod

Remeber you can dual use- there is no law that says you must quit smoking entirely when you get your ecig! You can set a date, could take 1 day, 1 month or 1 year or heck some never quit! It is the ones not smokes that is a victory!

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I hate to beat a dead horse again but its my Provari I use daily just for reliability. For 3 1/2 years now of daily use she still puts out the vape. I will shed a tear of Provape does close their doors. Attys are whatever works for you but if your hitter fails it doesn't matter what kind or how expensive the atty is ontop. Reliability in hitters is hard to come by in the vape world.
I just watch a VU reviewer talk about his Sigelei 75w as the best mod he has ever owned, out of all the mods he has that is his favorite and oldest and has never let him down! I understand as I have have mine for a very long time too, I have the Sigelei 75w Oni and it is a great mod!

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I'm liking the Yosta livepor 60 a lot so far. Can you tell me if the tank that comes with the kit performs well? and also if we have rba heads for that tank.
The mod itself, looks like a prettier version of the pico mini, with capability of handling ceramic, SS,Ni,Ti coils. comes with TCR too.. So stocked well.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Remeber you can dual use- there is no law that says you must quit smoking entirely when you get your ecig! You can set a date, could take 1 day, 1 month or 1 year or heck some never quit! It is the ones not smokes that is a victory!

Or not even set a date, since that causes pressure and stress... which just makes you want to smoke. Just know where you're heading, even if you take your sweet time getting there. My little "competition" with myself worked really well -- keep a tally of every cigarette smoked, and the next day, try to smoke less, or at least, not more -- after 3.5 wks, I really couldn't figure out why I was still bothering with nasty expensive cigarettes.

Andria

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...hentic-yosta-livepor-60-tc-vw-apv-box-mod-kit
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...hentic-yosta-igvi-t2-replacement-kanthal-coil - these are the coils I ordered
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...hentic-yosta-igvi-t2-replacement-kanthal-coil - they didn't have these coils, they only had the ones above which I ordered! I believe both will work with the tank. There is no RBA coil that I know of.
While I have used the Yosta mod- I have not used the tank. It looks like a very nice tank that comes with a spare glass and 2 coils, but the coils are harder to get, Fasttech has these and can take a while for delivery. I ordered (4)- 5 packs of the coils so far, I have been using other tanks to vape with. Fasttech is having a sale till 2/3 using the code REDPACKET will take 10% off your order. I won the Yosta Livepor kit here on the VU forum contests. I have so many tanks now that I switch with other mods, but this looks like a great tank. Right now I am using the Melo from my Pico on my Asmodus 70w stabwood.The Melo tank can use Aspire Atlantis coils which I have about 15- 5packs, I have 4 different tanks that use that same coil. I have so many tanks and mods that I either won or purchase to store away for a possible rainy FDA day. I want to make sure I have all the gear I need to be able to keep vaping for years to come. Also that is the beauty of vaping, you can mix and match your gear, to me I don't want to waste the tank yet when I am using so many other tanks with tons of coils that are easy and cheap to buy here in the US.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

This is the main reason why I usually advise folks to transition gradually, rather than all at once -- it's a lot less scary when you know you COULD have a cigarette if you really want/need to. I did, for several weeks after i started vaping -- if it all just got to be too much, out I'd go, and fire that puppy up. :) After a while, it became very obvious to me that I wasn't getting anything from a cigarette that I couldn't get from vaping -- except a nasty smell on my hands and horrible taste in my mouth, and less money in my bank acct ;) -- and once you've cut down sufficiently, that smell and taste really stands out, and is very offensive.

Andria

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

I see some of these kits came with the RTA but mine is just with the Kanthal coils! I would suggest buying 2 of these kits, one to vape while the other charges. Also the coils I have are just Kanthal, not ceramic.

Last edited:

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@AndriaD and @SnapDragon NY : You guys are awesome. I feel more motivated to get off the ickky sticks (can't believe i just called em that)
I know i frustrated you guys a bit with the dilly dallying, but you've kept up with it and pressed on. I want to join this community more than ever now, if only to keep in touch with you guys <3. Andria ought to give "quit smoking" counselling. Certainly been a charm for me.

So, i wanna share something that happened today at work. I met an actual real life vaper ! The first one i'v seen in the flesh. Vaping hasn't really come down here much yet, but just chatting up with this fellow, and taking a real trial hit off his mod (eVic VTC mini) was a great help. Getting some trial runs with vaping before deciding on your first mod should be in the new vaper's handbook. First bloody chapter.
I know what it's gonna be like now, and that really helps. Best part, he tells me there's a decent community of vapers here, and even a nice vendor who's essentially set up shop in his own house !

About the first vape experience:
Noticed that the drip tip was getting uncomfortably hot on my lips, is that normal?
Also, the flavor on his rig was certainly muted, but damn it's like the thing is stuck in my nose or something, been 5 hours, and every now and then i feel like i can smell a phantom of that flavor's aroma. [In einstein's words, "spooky action at a distance"]

I see some of these kits came with the RTA but mine is just with the Kanthal coils! I would suggest buying 2 of these kits, one to vape while the other charges. Also the coils I have are just Kanthal, not ceramic.
I'm just gonna set it up for mtl for now, and that ought to last me the whole day. I work with computers all day, so charging it won't be an issue, hopefully.
If things go well, i'll probably invest in a battery mod next. But i like this yosts set, because i can still use it later on as my out-and-about setup, with any tank..

And yes, my shortlist is getting shorter now, i'v just accepted the fact that i can go for a mini mod with and a tank, and just make some adjustments to see how i can carry it around. I realise now, that the problem was, i had set myself up with a somewhat contradictory requirement. If it's a robust all-in-one, it simply cant give me a lot of customizability, if it has customizability, it can't be an all-in-one.. Sadly, i haven't found the starter kit of my dreams, Well the eGrip2 was very very close.. came with a host of features on the mod, and an rba included in the kit. But shitty JoyeTech with their shitty spitback shitty cubis shitty shit shit.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD and @SnapDragon NY : You guys are awesome. I feel more motivated to get off the ickky sticks (can't believe i just called em that)
I know i frustrated you guys a bit with the dilly dallying, but you've kept up with it and pressed on. I want to join this community more than ever now, if only to keep in touch with you guys <3. Andria ought to give "quit smoking" counselling. Certainly been a charm for me.

I really appreciate that. :blowkiss: I guess it's because I was one of those who, when asked when I was going to quit smoking, ALWAYS answered NEVER! WHEN THEY WHEEL MY ASS INTO THE INCINERATOR, SHOVE A CIGARETTE IN MY MOUTH SO I CAN GET ONE LAST SMOKE! :D The idea of quitting smoking never entered my mind, when I started vaping -- I was just damn tired of freezing my ass off outside, getting fat munching on junkfood waiting for a damn commercial so I could sprint outside for a smoke... it just got very tedious after 16 yrs of running outside to smoke, and i started thinking, I bet I could use one of those electronic cigarettes and not have to go outside. Sure enough! Then I found it was such a great substitute for smoking, and saw all the success stories, I realized that I'd wanted to be a non-smoker for a long time... but I didn't wanna have to quit smoking to get there. :D Vaping gave me just what I needed to make that happen, to walk across a simple bridge instead of hot coals on bare feet. There were still challenges, but it was so much easier than anything I'd tried previously -- cold turkey once and the patch twice -- so I figured I'd be a plain damn fool to waste such a golden opportunity. Now it's been 2 and a half years, and I'm just as amazed as i was after my first week smoke-free. It's a damn miracle!

I also had a superstitious belief that I needed to quit smoking before I had smoked for 40 yrs... and I just made it -- 39 yrs of smoking, ended, thanks to vaping and terrific support from the forum!

Getting some trial runs with vaping before deciding on your first mod should be in the new vaper's handbook. First bloody chapter.
Noticed that the drip tip was getting uncomfortably hot on my lips, is that normal?
Also, the flavor on his rig was certainly muted, but damn it's like the thing is stuck in my nose or something, been 5 hours, and every now and then i feel like i can smell a phantom of that flavor's aroma.

Yes, trial runs WOULD be helpful, but thx to the goddamn FDA, that won't be happening, unless, like you, a wannabe vaper finds a friend who'll give them a taste.

The hot drip tip may be from high wattage and/or low resistance -- both cause a lot of heat, which generally produces more vapor than lower heat. I dislike a lot of heat OR a lot of vapor, which is why i vape so conservatively (10w or less, 2 ohms or more); I also prefer acrylic driptips, because they don't get terribly hot OR terribly cold... though i've broken so many of the damn things, I finally acquired a selection of metal ones; when I'm leaving the house, I often pop in a metal driptip just in case of my own habitual clumsiness. :D

(ETA: the smell *is* rather odd at first; I found it a little sickening to be honest... best I can offer about that is, you do get used to it. Although sometimes if I have an upset stomach, I still find the smell a little much to take.)

It's little things like that, that make this "a process", which is why some of us insist that it doesn't matter so much, what you choose at first -- you'll figure out what you like, but not until you actually start vaping -- metal, glass, or acrylic driptip -- massive VG clouds or a cooler, MtL vape with good throat hit -- sweet or tobacco flavored -- lots of little aspects, to figure out exactly what suits you best, because figuring that out gives you the BEST chance of ditching the coffin nails for good.

Andria

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Haha, we are trying to hang in there with you OP! I am glad that you found another vaper and he let you try out his gear! Some vapers love pretty warm vapes and you can adjust your settings to the vape you like, same with the coil- in the beginning best to stay 1.0Ω or 1.5Ω and 10w- 25w! It is nice that your friend could help you! I told you finding the right eliquid was harder than finding the right mods, but maybe you would be able to try others at a shop or from friends! All will be willing and want to help you!
Yea too bad Joyetech makes really crappy coils, or that egrip2 would have been a good choice Kanger makes some nice tanks and I love the OCC and SSOCC coils, no spit back and great vapor. Also your starter set will become your back up or travel mod when you upgrade! The Yosta is a million times better than my original options when I started vaping- now I am catching up with buying many the great mods and tanks out there, stockpiling for the future!Vaping Underground has great people here, and have received some great advice and great sale prices, check out their eliquid threads too!

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is super helpful. Thanks @Murray_B
The aspire K1 fit inside a cigarette case? * jaw, meets floor. Any other mods(hopefully not pen styles) that can fit inside a cigarette case? because that's exactly what im looking for.

It seems that for an on-the-go device cig-a-likes are quite popular as opposed to box mods.
I'd say even a mech would suffice then. since cig-a-likes and such tubular AIO kits most often are unregulated and just have a tank sitting on top. Do mechs have a bigger chance of blowing a hole in my thigh? ou may assume that im smart enough not to short it out on my first attempt.

My cigarette case is about 8mm deep and since it is a clam shell design it can hold something 16mm deep or less. There is no box mod I have seen that is that thin. That is why I bought the Spinner. It was the only regulated mod I could find that was short and thin enough to fit inside a standard cigarette case.

The big problem with the high current drain cells used in vaping is their extremely low internal resistance which can be 30 milli-ohms or less. With the old ni-cad cells the internal resistance was around 1 ohm and the cell potential was about 1.25 Volts. If the cell was shorted it would heat the cell with Voltage squared over resistance or about 1.6 Watts. It would take time for those cells to vent if they were shorted. The nominal voltage of a Samsung 25R is 3.6V and the typical DC internal resistance is 22.15 milli-ohms for a new cell. If it were shorted it could apply about 585 Watts to heating the cell. Under those conditions It might only take a few thousandths of a second for that cell to "vent" with a BANG!.

Regulated mods do not have any direct connection between the load and the cell and are safer than mechanical mods. Genuine regulated mods with built-in cells are even safer since the cells are never removed in normal use. Fake mods may or may not be safe, it is hard to tell without technical knowledge and some homework.

Last edited:

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think i'v reached a conclusion.

I'v chosen, the SMOK AL85 kit : [pico style mod (in a prettier package) + TFV8 baby beast tank 3ml]
I see it on FT for $45.87
The only major concession made here, is that it comes with a sub ohm tank. does have an rba available (must be bought separately though)

The only question left is, should i go for the full kit, or just get the mod and get an nice tank for MTL like the kayfun.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I'v chosen, the SMOK AL85 kit : [pico style mod (in a prettier package) + TFV8 baby beast tank 3ml]
The only major concession made here, is that it comes with a sub ohm tank. does have an rba available (must be bought separately though)

The only question left is, should i go for the full kit, or just get the mod and get an nice tank for MTL like the kayfun.

I'd say the question left is, you don't really want to do this anytime soon, do you? ;) FT takes forever at the best of times, and with chinese new year fast approaching... you may get it by April. Maybe. ;)

Andria

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd say the question left is, you don't really want to do this anytime soon, do you? ;) FT takes forever at the best of times, and with chinese new year fast approaching... you may get it by April. Maybe. ;)

Andria
Hahah, we're so close.. The chinese new year celebrations end on Feb 2. Today , and it'll take a month on top of that to get here..
I literally have the full kit in my cart right now xD, thought i'd look for your blessings

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

I think you made a great choice, I don't own this but looks good- don't for get to order a couple of 5 packs of the coils for the tank and buying the RBA might be a good idea if you ever run out of coils and use the Code- REDPACKET to get 10% off!
I think you will like the tank, and can close down the airflow a bit, maybe a smaller drip tip, FT has many to choose from. Yes your FT order will take a bit, but I got mine 10 after Black Friday- very fast!
Come back and let us know! :bunny: :vapemail: :bunny:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...hentic-smoktech-smok-tfv8-baby-replacement-m2
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...hentic-smoktech-smok-tfv8-baby-replacement-m2
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10020352/6686102-authentic-smoktech-smok-al85-85w-tc-vw-apv-box
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...entic-smoktech-smok-tfv8-baby-replacement-rba
Just remember that these are all pre-order so it could take a while to ship out! Looks like 9 days, but sometimes they get it sooner, but sometimes a few days later. These are new on the market! Much better than the others you were considering! Also, you are going to need at least 2 18650 batteries and a good charger! Do not order these from FT! They are having a hard time shipping batteries! May take months to get, even if you can have them shipped, not worth it!
liionwholesale.com or imrbatteries.com

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hahah, we're so close.. The chinese new year celebrations end on Feb 2. Today , and it'll take a month on top of that to get here..
I literally have the full kit in my cart right now xD, thought i'd look for your blessings

You don't need my blessings -- I really know almost nothing about any of the tech (at least, the atomizers) released after about xmas of 2014. But I know FT... who are otherwise known as "slowtech" for excellent reasons. :D I only order from them if the thing I want CANNOT be found anywhere else; the one time I did, it took 43 days to reach me.

Andria

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What none of these people have told you is that almost all of them are hopeless gear addicts. This does not apply to me because all I need is something new every couple of weeks and I'm fine. They are the ones to watch out for.

Usually the kit costs less than buying the items separately so buy the kit. Then use the money you saved by buying the kit to buy and MTL tank too. It would not hurt to buy a back up mod too, just in case.

Just remember what Dr. K. Farsalinos said at Vapexpo 2016, “A vaper consuming 12 ml/day is absorbing more formaldehyde than a smoker smoking one pack/day.”

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What none of these people have told you is that almost all of them are hopeless gear addicts. This does not apply to me because all I need is something new every couple of weeks and I'm fine. They are the ones to watch out for.

Usually the kit costs less than buying the items separately so buy the kit. Then use the money you saved by buying the kit to buy and MTL tank too. It would not hurt to buy a back up mod too, just in case.

Just remember what Dr. K. Farsalinos said at Vapexpo 2016, “A vaper consuming 12 ml/day is absorbing more formaldehyde than a smoker smoking one pack/day.”

Not me; I haven't bought any hardware since about June, when I got my 2nd Coolfire IV TC-18650. Buying some new hardware every couple weeks does qualify YOU as a gear addict.

As for formaldehyde... only if you're burning your juice. At 10w, I'm willing to bet there is ZERO formaldehyde in mine.

Andria

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

shit guess I'm a 2-3 pack a day vapor LMAO

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Buying some new hardware every couple weeks does qualify YOU as a gear addict.

No it doesn't, AndriaD, it just gives me experience. Let me give you another example. For the last forty-six years I have consumed between a half-pot and a full pot of coffee per day, every day, and have not found it to be the least bit addictive. Drinking that much coffee gives me a lot of expertise on the subject so I should know what I am talking about. Vaping is no different.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No it doesn't, AndriaD, it just gives me experience. Let me give you another example. For the last forty-six years I have consumed between a half-pot and a full pot of coffee per day, every day, and have not found it to be the least bit addictive. Drinking that much coffee gives me a lot of expertise on the subject so I should know what I am talking about. Vaping is no different.

But the thing is.. WHY buy that much hardware? You can only vape one at a time. It's not necessary. I have 14 mods, but since the last one, last June, I haven't bought anymore... because I don't need them. I have, mosdt likely, enough hardware to last me for as long as necessary, the rest of my life? I'm 55... maybe I have 25-30 yrs left. Buying more would just be wasteful. Or pathologic.

Andria

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Don't want to burst your bubble or deflate it a bit but I have TFV4's. I dunno if they changed much between the 4, the 8 or the mini. I found the RBA very finicky and difficult to wick. I just couldn't get it right and would leak then I'd have to syringe the juice out, rewick, try again making a juice mess then just too much hassle. I had 2 types of single RBA, the dual RBA and tried them all. I could not take a TFV4 with a RBA head out of the house with the fear of it randomly leaking or I should say dump the contents out the airflow. I did try one of the stock vertical coils it came with, got a week out of it before it crapped out with the same juice I can get several weeks from my subtank rayon build.
Its hard to tell sometimes with people and their post count but if your a new to the building and want IMO a super easy atty is subtank mini's. You can get the original kanger base, original kanger RBA for @ 6 bucks each and the subtank bell caps SKU: 2378800 all from fasttech and are much easier to work with than the TFV's.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, @z3pHy2, if you just want a good MtL tank, i'd strongly advise an older Kayfun Light Plus... I used those for months, and until I got really spoiled with a tight-draw RDA, I thought they were the best thing since... vaping! :D You do have to build coils for them, but seriously, it's a piece o'cake; they're one of the EASIEST EVER to build for.

Not sure where those might be found anymore, or even if they can be, but you don't want something too fancy, to start; some of these RTAs are like chinese trigonometry or something, they're so complicated.

Andria

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I really enjoyed my kayfuns. They were quite a jump from building protank heads but still had tight airflow and easily overheat a coil from not enough air passing the coil. The Kayfuns taught me patience in building and a wicking method I use that has been flawless and that same method used in rewicking my subtanks also. Progression also has got the best of my kayfuns as they sit along with the protanks on the shelf. Its going to take a hell of a atty to get me to have to shelve my subtank minis.

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 14 mods, but since the last one, last June, I haven't bought anymore... because I don't need them.

There you go, 14 mods and you are not addicted to hardware and do not need any more. The OP has none and is talking about buying only 3 or 4 complete setups to start with. That sounds reasonable to me since I could probably get by with only 4 or 5 mods too. Most people on these forums could get by with their best 6 or 7 mods too. With back-ups that comes to 14 just like you wrote.

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10020352/6686102-authentic-smoktech-smok-al85-85w-tc-vw-apv-box
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...entic-smoktech-smok-tfv8-baby-replacement-rba
Just remember that these are all pre-order so it could take a while to ship out! Looks like 9 days, but sometimes they get it sooner, but sometimes a few days later. These are new on the market! Much better than the others you were considering! Also, you are going to need at least 2 18650 batteries and a good charger! Do not order these from FT! They are having a hard time shipping batteries! May take months to get, even if you can have them shipped, not worth it!
liionwholesale.com or imrbatteries.com

Thanks so much for the links dude..!!
REDPACKET helped too. It's on the way babeh !!

woohoo i'm so excited.

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 3.33.33 PM.png

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't want to burst your bubble or deflate it a bit but I have TFV4's. I dunno if they changed much between the 4, the 8 or the mini. I found the RBA very finicky and difficult to wick. I just couldn't get it right and would leak then I'd have to syringe the juice out, rewick, try again making a juice mess then just too much hassle. I had 2 types of single RBA, the dual RBA and tried them all. I could not take a TFV4 with a RBA head out of the house with the fear of it randomly leaking or I should say dump the contents out the airflow. I did try one of the stock vertical coils it came with, got a week out of it before it crapped out with the same juice I can get several weeks from my subtank rayon build.
Its hard to tell sometimes with people and their post count but if your a new to the building and want IMO a super easy atty is subtank mini's. You can get the original kanger base, original kanger RBA for @ 6 bucks each and the subtank bell caps SKU: 2378800 all from fasttech and are much easier to work with than the TFV's.
I'm not just a new account here, i'm new to all things vape. Hence the title.
I do appreciate you pointing this out to me. But i just love how this mod looks, and i'v heard a LOT of good things about the baby beast, and most of all, i'v been dilly dallying with the pros and cons of all the mods out there for long enough. I think i'm okay to start with this, Ofcourse, i have a 510 thread on the mod, so i'll be moving to other tanks.
Taking suggestions for *sexy* MTL RTAs

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There you go, 14 mods and you are not addicted to hardware and do not need any more. The OP has none and is talking about buying only 3 or 4 complete setups to start with. That sounds reasonable to me since I could probably get by with only 4 or 5 mods too. Most people on these forums could get by with their best 6 or 7 mods too. With back-ups that comes to 14 just like you wrote.
Err, i'm talking about getting ONE setup (and maybe a backup down the line), and sticking to it atleast for a while, lol, i don't plan on making this take up as much money as the damned cigarettes.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi z3pHy2 - I am so excited for for! Saving around $6.00 is a good thing. By the way, I am a dudette- haha! That's OK! Do you live in the US?
Just remember this will take a while to ship since this a brand new to the market kit, see those are dates that this will be at their factory to ship out so it may not be until the 2/17 that anything ships out and could still take a few weeks to make it to your door after that! Just be PATIENT, but you can come here and vent on how long it taking(we all do) but we all still order from FT! It will be great coming here and seeing your review! Wow, this is 100 times better than my 1st kit! I wasn't sure what color you wanted, but the red and black is sharp! I don't think you get any wire or premade spring, but I will watch some videos on that RBA head! Wire and premade springs are cheap too also wicking! You could have close to a month to collect what you need!
Since battery and battery safety is very important, please buy them from reputable places like the links I gave you! 18650 batteries like Samsung 25r green or 30Q pink, LG HG2 Brown and or HE4 yellow please these are the main companies that manufacture these batteries- stay away from EFest and buy at least 2 of the batteries!
Battery chargers I like are the Nitecore and XTAR, these charge your batteries much quicker - much better than charging in your mod! 1 in the charger while you vape on the other! Always carry you spare battery in a plastic battery case, never loose in your pocket or bag!
Yippee!
:vapemail:

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi z3pHy2 - I am so excited for for! Saving around $6.00 is a good thing. By the way, I am a dudette- haha! That's OK! Do you live in the US?
Just remember this will take a while to ship since this a brand new to the market kit, see those are dates that this will be at their factory to ship out so it may not be until the 2/17 that anything ships out and could still take a few weeks to make it to your door after that! Just be PATIENT, but you can come here and vent on how long it taking(we all do) but we all still order from FT! It will be great coming here and seeing your review! Wow, this is 100 times better than my 1st kit! I wasn't sure what color you wanted, but the red and black is sharp! I don't think you get any wire or premade spring, but I will watch some videos on that RBA head! Wire and premade springs are cheap too also wicking! You could have close to a month to collect what you need!
Since battery and battery safety is very important, please buy them from reputable places like the links I gave you! 18650 batteries like Samsung 25r green or 30Q pink, LG HG2 Brown and or HE4 yellow please these are the main companies that manufacture these batteries- stay away from EFest and buy at least 2 of the batteries!
Battery chargers I like are the Nitecore and XTAR, these charge your batteries much quicker - much better than charging in your mod! 1 in the charger while you vape on the other! Always carry you spare battery in a plastic battery case, never loose in your pocket or bag!
Yippee!
:vapemail:

Hahhaha
You won't believe it, but in my last response i literally wrote down and then deleted, "I fuckin love you dude #nohomo" .. Glad i can remove the "#nohomo" now :p:banana:
Nah i'm not from the US, i'm quite far away from Trump. Nearly the other side of the world. :bliss:

And yeah, i'm gonna need all the venting i can get, i bet. But i did check the different shipping methods available for my locale, and chose HK post, which apparently can get it here in 12-20 days. It's gonna take over a month :headbang:, thanks to the pre-ordering.
But holy moly, i am so excited about it, Black and Red is indeed sharp, Nay, 'tis sexy. Sexier than the busom of a barmaid after you've had one too many.

As for the batteries, i found some local vendors who sell em LG HG2s . Will probably go for that, been reading that it gets a bit hectic to ship items containing batteries. (customs, checks, security and what not) but i'll check the links, and if it's significantly cheaper might just go for that.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I'm not just a new account here, i'm new to all things vape. Hence the title.
I do appreciate you pointing this out to me. But i just love how this mod looks, and i'v heard a LOT of good things about the baby beast, and most of all, i'v been dilly dallying with the pros and cons of all the mods out there for long enough. I think i'm okay to start with this, Ofcourse, i have a 510 thread on the mod, so i'll be moving to other tanks.
Taking suggestions for *sexy* MTL RTAs
Yes you could be happy with the TFV8 baby. I have never used that tank, but have used Kanger Sub tank nano and that is a nice tank, love the coils for this which take the SSOCC and the OCC- these coils last a long time 3 weeks or more and a great vape, they are the same coils I use in my Nebox!
Wow I hope that Baby RBA coil isn't bad, I have never used it. Such a popular tank, you would think the RBA would be nice!
If the baby tank isn't your cup of tea- it may be in the future down the line, at least you have it!

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah,
Yes you could be happy with the TFV8 baby. I have never used that tank, but have used Kanger Sub tank nano and that is a nice tank, love the coils for this which take the SSOCC and the OCC- these coils last a long time 3 weeks or more and a great vape, they are the same coils I use in my Nebox!
Wow I hope that Baby RBA coil isn't bad, I have never used it. Such a popular tank, you would think the RBA would be nice!
If the baby tank isn't your cup of tea- it may be in the future down the line, at least you have it!

Yeah, that was my thought process as well, i'll need a sub-ohm tank at some point for sure, and the baby beast has been quite popular, so meh, why not jump in with both feet (sub-ohm) instead of going it slow (mtl)
I'm gonna try and put in a 1.2+ ohm coil inside the baby RBA. see if i can close off the airflow and mtl it

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Err, i'm talking about getting ONE setup (and maybe a backup down the line), and sticking to it atleast for a while, lol, i don't plan on making this take up as much money as the damned cigarettes.

Yes- that's what we all say- hahahahah
Really I stuck with my 1st setup for many months.
Do not look at the I got vape mail or the Hand Check parts of this forum, do not go there!!!!!!!! Hahahahah!
I'd rather that you spend your money on great vape gear than cigarettes! I never worry about how many mods and tanks I have- I treat myself for NOT smoking cigarettes! They are my Trophies sitting on the shelf, and that I have committed myself to not buy cigarettes!
Tell me about all the wasted money on cigarettes- what do you have to show for it- nothing, it all ends up in the garbage cans, thousands of $ wasted!
With mods and tanks, they are not thrown out- hardly a waste of money, they become backups!
Here in the US they are trying to take away our vaping, so stockpiling here is going to happen, even if we can still purchase it will be much more expensive! I am hoping that Trump, being a business man can help fight the FDA and help save the vaping industry!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Yes- that's what we all say- hahaha

Last edited:

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes- that's what we all say- hahahahah
Really I stuck with my 1st setup for many months.
Do not look at the I got vape mail or the Hand Check parts of this forum, do not go there!!!!!!!! Hahahahah!
I'd rather that you spend your money on great vape gear than cigarettes! I never worry about how many mods and tanks I have- I treat myself for NOT smoking cigarettes! They are my Trophies sitting on the shelf, and that I have committed myself to not buy cigarettes!
Tell me about all the wasted money on cigarettes- what do you have to show for it- nothing, it all ends up in the garbage cans, thousands of $ wasted!
With mods and tanks, they are not thrown out- hardly a waste of money, they become backups!
Here in the US they are trying to take away our vaping, so stockpiling here is going to happen, even if we can still purchase it will be much more expensive! I am hoping that Trump, being a business man can help fight the FDA and help save the vaping industry!

Lol, sure it's better than cigs, i just meant, i don't want it to end up taking the same kind of investment. But then again, it all depends on how much i like it.
Usually if i like something more than a certain threshold limit, they are exempted from the financial, and emotional dams, and get a free flow in both territories.

Vape mail, hand check.. ? hmmmm..... *drifts in their general direction

Also, wow.. putting your chips in the Trump bucket? Well, from afar, he hasnt put up the best picture, but you're right he's a business man first. That's both a good and a bad thing. Remember the regulation requiring vape companies to put up 1 mil per product? *Business*

:vu:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Lol, sure it's better than cigs, i just meant, i don't want it to end up taking the same kind of investment. But then again, it all depends on how much i like it.
Usually if i like something more than a certain threshold limit, they are exempted from the financial, and emotional dams, and get a free flow in both territories.

Vape mail, hand check.. ? hmmmm..... *drifts in their general direction

Also, wow.. putting your chips in the Trump bucket? Well, from afar, he hasnt put up the best picture, but you're right he's a business man first. That's both a good and a bad thing. Remember the regulation requiring vape companies to put up 1 mil per product? *Business*

:vu:
Trump wants to make America great again- he wants Americans to have and keep their jobs- destroying the vape industry is a step in the wrong direction, shops here are closing down every day, that is sure not good business!
He is the New President- a lot of damage done in the last 8 years, that are not going to be fixed overnight!
Our slanted media here like stories on vaping, have also put Trump in as bad a light as they can! Trump has been a successful businessman, and I am hoping he can help Make America great again!
We must a least give him a chance!

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Trump wants to make America great again- he wants Americans to have and keep their jobs- destroying the vape industry is a step in the wrong direction, shops here are closing down every day, that is sure not good business!
He is the New President- a lot of damage done in the last 8 years, that are not going to be fixed overnight!
Our slanted media here like stories on vaping, have also put Trump in as bad a light as they can! Trump has been a successful businessman, and I am hoping he can help Make America great again!
We must a least give him a chance!

Well, you sound convinced.. And he's in power now so i guess we'll see what we'll see.
As for american jobs, nobody stole em from Americans, it's American businessmen like Trump, who see where they can get cheaper manufacturing or cheaper labour, and they happily go there. Leaving the natives without a way to support themselves. Is it really the immigrants at fault then? Those poor sods just came to live the american dream, like everyone else there.

But i digress, this isn't the forum for political discussions, and i like you too much for all you've done to chance hurting your beliefs on the matter.
We can all, only hope.. for the best.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, you sound convinced.. And he's in power now so i guess we'll see what we'll see.
As for american jobs, nobody stole em from Americans, it's American businessmen like Trump, who see where they can get cheaper manufacturing or cheaper labour, and they happily go there. Leaving the natives without a way to support themselves. Is it really the immigrants at fault then? Those poor sods just came to live the american dream, like everyone else there.

But i digress, this isn't the forum for political discussions, and i like you too much for all you've done to chance hurting your beliefs on the matter.
We can all, only hope.. for the best.

You're right, the rich bastids outsourced the American Dream. :facepalm:

Andria

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Err, i'm talking about getting ONE setup (and maybe a backup down the line), and sticking to it [...]

Sure, z3pHy2, you are talking about buying ONE right now. We all started with just ONE and many of us bought units with a "pass-through" ability so we didn't need any more than that. That is normal to start with but I expect that a year from now, when you have at least six mods on the shelf, you will look back on these days and laugh. Welcome to the world of vaping.

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sure, z3pHy2, you are talking about buying ONE right now. We all started with just ONE and many of us bought units with a "pass-through" ability so we didn't need any more than that. That is normal to start with but I expect that a year from now, when you have at least six mods on the shelf, you will look back on these days and laugh. Welcome to the world of vaping.

Hahahaha, i do believe you're right ;)
Cheers to that, Can't wait to get my vape on ! [Listening to "while my guitar gently weeps" as i write this, them chills !]

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
[...] he hasnt put up the best picture [...]

It is the international liberal press, z3pHy2, that has created much of this "picture" of Trump.

Before the election we were told repeatedly by the mass media that Trump's grandfather ran brothels:

Macleans magazine in Canada wrote he, "[...] advertised "private rooms for ladies"—1891-speak for prostitution [...]"

Politico in the U.S. claimed he, [...]advertised "private rooms for ladies"–code for prostitutes.[...]"

KIRO7 in the U.S. said he offered, "Fine cuisine and private rooms for ladies, which was well understood to mean, private rooms to entertain men,"

Metro Co. in the U.K. indicated, "His clients could buy alcohol and food at the establishment… as well as ‘private rooms for ladies’, which was essentially a code-name for prostitutes."

If "private rooms for ladies" meant prostitution then travelling by rail in New York State in the late 1800s was much more interesting than was previously known.

From the, "Seventh Annual Report of the Board of Railroad Commissioners of the State of New York, For the Fiscal Year Ending September 30, 1889 - Volume 1":

Page 197-198. "At Johnstown and Gloversville new brick depots of fine design and construction have been erected. They are each 150 feet long and about thirty five feet wide. They have a covered platform 225 feet long in front and a neat carriage canopy in the rear. The entire interior is finished in native woods, hightly polished. Steam-heating, water-closets, lavatory and private rooms for ladies are all provided. "

Note the text, "private rooms for ladies" in the last sentence.

How much do we know about Donald Trump that is not part of some liberal fantasy?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I know the media spin from day one for Trump has been ridiculous! To me exactly the same thing they do with ecig reporting- all about the bad, what about the children, same as smoking, even more dangerous, all the chemicals, exploding ecigs, without proper reporting!
I live where Kodak was once King- Now it is pretty much gone. Their prices were too high,they didn't keep up with advancing technology. They were just fat and lazy, and thought that the name alone would still get people to buy their product, until Chinese and Japanese products came! Most of the time most people will choose great quality that is cheaper over - established, expensive products! When we started losing our businesses, as Americans pay is too high,taxes ,just cost too much damn money to survive here or even compete with much cheaper Chinese goods or any other countries goods!
We all have the right to agree to disagree, I try to hope for the best and hope for a much brighter tomorrow!

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is the international liberal press, z3pHy2, that has created much of this "picture" of Trump.

Before the election we were told repeatedly by the mass media that Trump's grandfather ran brothels:

Macleans magazine in Canada wrote he, "[...] advertised "private rooms for ladies"—1891-speak for prostitution [...]"

Politico in the U.S. claimed he, [...]advertised "private rooms for ladies"–code for prostitutes.[...]"

KIRO7 in the U.S. said he offered, "Fine cuisine and private rooms for ladies, which was well understood to mean, private rooms to entertain men,"

Metro Co. in the U.K. indicated, "His clients could buy alcohol and food at the establishment… as well as ‘private rooms for ladies’, which was essentially a code-name for prostitutes."

If "private rooms for ladies" meant prostitution then travelling by rail in New York State in the late 1800s was much more interesting than was previously known.

From the, "Seventh Annual Report of the Board of Railroad Commissioners of the State of New York, For the Fiscal Year Ending September 30, 1889 - Volume 1":

Page 197-198. "At Johnstown and Gloversville new brick depots of fine design and construction have been erected. They are each 150 feet long and about thirty five feet wide. They have a covered platform 225 feet long in front and a neat carriage canopy in the rear. The entire interior is finished in native woods, hightly polished. Steam-heating, water-closets, lavatory and private rooms for ladies are all provided. "

Note the text, "private rooms for ladies" in the last sentence.

How much do we know about Donald Trump that is not part of some liberal fantasy?

You sure you wanna do this..?
- And it isn't some concocted story, much of his inheritance did come from brothels.
- He's declared bankruptcy thrice.
- Actually hasn't paid taxes for a long time now, by using a tax law which allowed him to capitalize on the fact that he has shown massive financial losses on the books. (great business man.. right)
- A man in the seat of POTUS isn't supposed to be a business man, he's supposed to care for the people. A man guided purely by capitalistic motives should never be put in a seat of power. However, i do admit it gives him an edge over the other politicians, but the questions is who does he use this edge for, himself, or his people.
- If you've seen the apprentice you know the character of this man. A man this crass, might be okay to get a business running, but a nation..? i have some reservations.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
- And it isn't some concocted story, much of his inheritance did come from brothels.
- He's declared bankruptcy thrice.
- Actually hasn't paid taxes for a long time now, by using a tax law which allowed him to capitalize on the fact that he has shown massive financial losses on the books. (great business man.. right)
- A man in the seat of POTUS isn't supposed to be a business man, he's supposed to care for the people. A man guided purely by capitalistic motives should never be put in a seat of power. However, i do admit it gives him an edge over the other politicians, but the questions is who does he use this edge for, himself, or his people.
- If you've seen the apprentice you know the character of this man. A man this crass, might be okay to get a business running, but a nation..? i have some reservations.

I had some reservations too, which is why I voted for Gary Johnson; I dunno abiout crass, but I strongly suspect "loose cannon nutcase".. but still, wayyyyyyyyyy better than "libtard criminal" Killary. I hear there's still something going on, with those criminal emails of hers. Good! Maybe she'll wind up in prison yet, where she belongs!!

Andria

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Do what? Get the facts about my own Canadian heritage? When the lying liberal arse-weasels corrupted Trump family history they also corrupted the history of western Canada. The LLAWs didn't even bother with rudimentary fact checking before publishing their crap. It only took a few minutes with Google to see they had fabricated the whole Trump bordello thing. What the LLAWs did is not acceptable and they must be held accountable for their lies.

VU Sponsors