Become a Patron!

Extensively picky smoker looking to move to vaping, requests wisdom of the masses

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yikes, i started with 6mg on this, and if i vape more than 10 puffs, my head starts to feel dizzy.

I really like chain vaping at this point. I've only been at it for just about 5 months and I started at 18mg with an e-go type. In the evening is when I vape most and I'm at 2mg. As Andria just pointed out, you can take a bit more in than you think and then it hits you. I get a bit wired from it at times. I'm moving down to 1.5mg when I mix again. I still will stay at 5mg during the day as I'll go an hour at a time between vaping so it works well.

Just monitor what you're doing carefully and you'll figure it out quickly and make the adjustments needed. It's all part and parcel of being a vaper.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm actually planning to get a 3mg and even a 0mg liquid, to do just that ! vape my face off, cuz tbh, this is way more enjoyable than a cigarette.

I do hope this weird feeling thing will pass soon though, cuz the bloated/upset feeling iv been getting in my stomach is a bit unsettling. I understand it's teething issues because of the massive change, but i'd rather discuss with you fine folk about it instead of keeping quiet and messing myself up :p

Another thing i noticed, was when i vape at the recommended wattage, it seems to produce much better flavor, but there are also tiny drops of the liquid which just seem to fly onto my tongue. A friend told me it's just the vapor condensing on my tongue and not spitback, though i doubt that it. (the liquid doesnt feel scalding hot on my tongue, so it's not true spit back for sure)

It does pass, within a few weeks; as Snapdragon mentioned, partly it's just withdrawal from cigarettes -- nothing like cold turkey of course, but cigarette withdrawal is never going to be a pleasant experience, even with a good substitute to keep the longings down or away.

If you feel actual drops, and not just the flavor itself, then it probably is spitback. I've always struggled with that because I vape at such low wattage, and I use an RDA. I solved it, mostly, by using an "angled adaptor" for my driptip --

angledadapter.jpg

It prevents the spitback from reaching my mouth, since the pops tend to go straight up, not around the angle. You can find them at a lot of vape vendors; I got a couple of them at ecblendflavors.com, I think they're about $2.95. "Knucklehead" (swivel) driptips will work for that too.

I didn't have much trouble with spitting when I used a tank, but with an RDA, gawd, ack, ick, I hate the greasy feel of ejuice in my mouth, and sometimes it DOES burn. Fiddle around with the wattage, it might help with the spitting. And when you get the rebuildable, you'll be able to really customize the coil and wick to your own preference. I've sometimes had a coil that just won't behave itself, and the only way to get the damn spitting to stop is just replace the damn coil! Fortunately in nearly 3 yrs of making coils, I've gotten pretty good at producing nearly identical coils each time I make a new one.

Andria

Crunchyblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Get a decent vaporizer spend at least $60. Get a vape juice that is stronger than they will want to sell you, i needed to go back and pick up a 12mg when they told me 6mg was more than enough. I dont even think about cigs though i retain the learned behavior from smoking like stepping outside every hour or two. I gave it a couple days on the 12mg and tried a cig...i couldnt finish it, it tasted like ass...wet ashtray, and made my lungs feel tight. I hated it. Still deeply addicted to nicotine but i feel this is far...far cheaper and im noticing significant improvements to my breathing.

My only complaint is that its not as portable as i wanted it (i got the smok vape with the lcd screen which was overkill but man this thing hits like a truck) i might end up getting something to carry around easier...though its the size of a pack of smokes its heavy...and can leak...)

What worked well for me was going to a local vape shop (always support local) the hippy set me up, over sold me a bit but thats fine, im more inclined to get my moneys worth out of purchases and this was a purchase i didnt want to go to waste. The nice hippy assembled it, showed me how to fill it up, how to clear the coils, what to do, what not to do...and i walked out of there with a functional vaporizer on low batteries...though he underestimated my nicotine addiction and i was back in 3 days to get a 12mg flavor.

VU Sponsors