Become a Patron!

Extract my own flavors?

I know this is for vape, but since hookah tobacco uses extracts and VG, I guess the principal is the same? I am

Anyways, one of my favorite flavors (cardamom from Nakhla) seems to be discontinued and no other brand has a good cardamom flavor. I ordered Cardamom extract from FA and it's just two sweet and not what I am looking for. I am at the point where I just want create the flavor myself.

My plan was to extract my own flavor in VG, but after reading that VG extraction isn't good for vaping and even PG extraction you have to be really safe or else it can be dangerous. I am having a hard time finding the source where I read this, but it threw me off a bit and I'm scared to do it now. I was planning on just leaving the cardamom seeds in vg for couple of weeks and then separating it after with coffee filter or something similar.

What is the best thing I can do to achieve this? Is there anyway I can safely extract the flavor at home?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So....I am by no means an expert, so this is my humble opinion. I think it’s a bad idea. Precisely for the reasons you mentioned. It’s just too risky.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never been interested in doing something like that. I'll admit, I'm pretty uninformed on the topic. But from seeing threads like this in the past, people in the know have always advised against it. Something about potential oils and needing proper filtration (expensive machine) to be safe.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've never been interested in doing something like that. I'll admit, I'm pretty uninformed on the topic. But from seeing threads like this in the past, people in the know have always advised against it. Something about potential oils and needing proper filtration (expensive machine) to be safe.
This^^^

VU Sponsors