Become a Patron!

Extremely displeased with CE5 now. Need a new (easily rebuildable) tank.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I've had a CE5 eGo beginner kit for about a month now. I considered rebuilding it when it started going tasteless but then a lot of you said it's too difficult to rebuild a CE5 coil. My first coil lasted about two weeks before going tasteless and I finally ordered five replacement heads. I am very displeased because after just a day with the first replacement head it became tasteless again. I've tried all 8 of my flavors and it's just nothing. And then a day later it stopped producing nearly any vapor. The plastic part of the tank is wobbly anyways, so new tank recommendations? I want a tank that is 2-6$ and easily rebuildable. I need to do this quick because I can't get my nicotine with what I have anymore and I am so close to getting tobacco again after a month of quitting. Here's some of my considerations below:

Please just take a quick look at this list, and if you recognize one of these as reliable and easily rebuildable then let me know. Thank you

Smok EBC Clearomizer-2.49$
Smok RBC Glossy Tank-2.95$
Aspire CE5 BDC Clearomizer-3.16$
Smok FBC(B) BCC Pyrex Glassomizer- 3.45$
Dual Coil CE5 eGo Clearomizer-3.95$
Aspire ET BDC Clearomizer-4.20$
Aspire CE5-S BDC Clearomizer-4.76$
Innokin Clear 16 Dual Coil Clearomizer-4.95$
Kanger MT3S BCC Clearomizer-4.95$
Aspire CE5-S BVC EGO Clearomizer-4.95$
Aspire CE5 BVC Clearomizer- 4.95$
Kanger T3D BDC Clearomizer-5.45$
Aspire ET-S BDC Glassomizer-5.56$
Kanger EVOD Clearomizer-5.95$
Kanger T3S BCC Clearomizer-5.95$
SMOK Aero 2 Tank-BCC Pyrex Glassomizer-5.95$

This whole list consists of clearomizers from Myfreedomsmokes.com ranging from lowest price to 6$. I excluded the CE4 from the list since I've already heard it is disposable. https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/tanks-atomizers/clearomizers.html?device=493

And by rebuildable I mean I want to learn how to use wick and wire to make a coil. Not just buy pricey replacement heads. Also, for whatever tank on the list you suggest, please let me know if it is rebuildable and what gauge wire and mesh to use. Said tank must fit my iJoy eGo battery as well. Thank you.

UPDATE:

For some reason a lot of people on here in another thread told me the CE5 is either not rebuildable or not worth rebuilding. I believe they had it confused with the CE4 which I know is not rebuildable according to the website when you read the description. I just figured out how to strip the CE5 down to every single part, and there was a whole lot of carbon and gunk in every imaginable place. It's all clean now and working just like how I remembered it was brand new a month ago. I am bummed out about purchasing those expensive replacement heads when I know I could have spent the same amount of money on a lifetime supply of wicks and wire.

Anyways, if you have experience with the CE5, please let me know if it is easily rebuilt compared to some of the other things listed above. I will either keep this or get another cheap tank and some materials to rebuild from now on.

Last edited:

MirkoGradski

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was using "stardust" clearmo's for years. When it comes down to it, they are very cheap, and in all honesty, it sounds like your about ready to delve into the world of clearmo tanks. The ce5 coils really are a huge pain in the ass to fix up and repair for later use. I used to go through these things like toilet paper lol. If your willing to spend the extra cash on a clearmo tank(I know you said you don't wanna spend cash on pricey replacement heads, but theyre really not that expensive) over a whole bunch of replaceable ce5 parts I would recommend just getting a nautilus mini. If your into the taste of your vape which it sounds like you are, these "tanks" along with their bvc coils seem to work flawlessly. You can get a 5 pack of bvc coils from Sweet-vapes.com for like 10.95. If your using an ego style battery these bvc coils will run decently and give you optimal vapor production without a doubt. Youll have to do a tiny bit of research for a 510 adapter though, they run like 2-5$. Thats really all I have for you. The ce5 clearmo's are kind of a thing of the past in my book, but if your just getting into vapping, stick with them a little bit longer and youll soon find that there is something better out there for you to try.

MirkoGradski

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was using "stardust" clearmo's for years. When it comes down to it, they are very cheap, and in all honesty, it sounds like your about ready to delve into the world of clearmo tanks. The ce5 coils really are a huge pain in the ass to fix up and repair for later use. I used to go through these things like toilet paper lol. If your willing to spend the extra cash on a clearmo tank(I know you said you don't wanna spend cash on pricey replacement heads, but theyre really not that expensive) over a whole bunch of replaceable ce5 parts I would recommend just getting a nautilus mini. If your into the taste of your vape which it sounds like you are, these "tanks" along with their bvc coils seem to work flawlessly. You can get a 5 pack of bvc coils from Sweet-vapes.com for like 10.95, plus I've witnessed friends of mine rebuild these without a second thought. If your using an ego style battery these bvc coils will run decently and give you optimal vapor production without a doubt. Youll have to do a tiny bit of research for a 510 adapter though, they run like 2-5$. Thats really all I have for you. The ce5 clearmo's are kind of a thing of the past in my book, but if your just getting into vapping, stick with them a little bit longer and youll soon find that there is something better out there for you to try.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No CE5 is worth rebuilding.
If you want to rebuild and want a new tank, why not buy a proper RTA?

MirkoGradski

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No CE5 is worth rebuilding.
If you want to rebuild and want a new tank, why not buy a proper RTA?

True but he said he doesnt wanna spend a lot of cash. He'll need a more advanced device/mod no?

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Aspire CE5 BDC and it is rebuildable. If your going to go with the CE5 then get the cheaper one with the BDC coils. The other ones are BVC coils are exactly the same just just different coil set up. Just about everyone is now only selling BVC coils which are also rebuildable. I have rebuilt both the BDC & BVC as a bottom single coil. But these are a little harder to rebuild but is very doable.
https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/tanks-atomizers/clearomizers/aspire-ce5-bdc-clearomizer.html
A good video by Rip on these heads. He is doing it as dual coil and using silica wick, but will give you a good Idea to start off with. I do mine as single coil with cotton wick and they work fine. I did make one dual coil that worked good but was a lot harder to do. The big trick is to get the filler rapped back around the head and back into the barrel. I'm getting better at it.

The easiest in my book to rebuild is the Kanger Mini Protank 2 V2, not on your list but well worth the little extra money to buy. Thes are easy to rebuild.
https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/tan...-mini-protank-2-v2-bcc-pyrex-glassomizer.html
Here is an excellent video on how to do the rebuild on them. This is on the ProTank 2 and not the Mimi protank 2 but the coil heads are the same. She does very good video of what you need and how to do it. She will also tell you you need to have an ohm meter when your rebuilding. She also has a video on how to read an ohm meter the proper way.

As for wick I use only organic cotton on both. Some like to boil the cotton before use and some don't. I don't bother, too much work for me LOL.

Now as for wire and how many raps that is tricky to answer. Something like this will have to be trial and error on your part. It all depends at what ohm's you want to vape at. Different gauge wire, amount of wraps, and the size of the tool your rapping it on will give different ohms reading.
Here is a good video to watch to give you an understanding.

When first starting out the best is to stay with either of these 28 gauge, 30 gauge, 32 gauge for the products we are talking about here. 28 gauge being easier to work with. It's thicker and easier to handle when first trying rebuilding. 32 gauge is a little harder. Just keep in mind the smaller the number the thicker the wire will be.

I my self bought the 28 gauge and 32 gauge in small small amounts of 30 feet each to try my luck. I use 1/16 drill and 5/64 drill for the Aspire heads and a 1 3/4" finishing nail for the Kanger heads. The nail is just under 5/64 and fit better in the head slots.

I hope this helps you some and all in all it takes time and practice but really you will see that it is not that hard.
Bellow is a few examples of what I have done and got in the way of ohms. I'm still learning.

Dec 19-2014 First try on rebuilding Aspire BDC:
5/64 drill
single coil at top
28 gauge
9 raps
1.7 ohm
Cotton wick
Dec 26-2014 cleaned and replaced cotton. Run at 3.8 volts
Ran good Till Jan 3-2015
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jan 3- 2015
Second try on rebuilding Aspire BDC:
1/16 drill
dual coils
32 gauge
7 raps
1.32 ohm
cotton wicks
Jan 23 Removed coil but was still going good.
Feb 20 2015
Kanger
Finishing nail
28 gauge
8 raps Regular coil
1.41 ohm >
Still using this one
Feb 24 2015
Aspire BVC rebuild
Single coil BCC
5/64 drill
32 gauge
5 raps
2.15 ohm
Still using this one
:)

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thread is from last month and we're still talking about CE's With all of the new rda, rba and rta's Out there?

Hello RJ99, I started vaping with a kanger t3s, They use a protank head and are relatively easy to build and cheap to buy. The only issues I had with the tank is it's plastic so be careful of the juice you put in it and the bottom ring of the tank can come loose if your careless with it in your pocket. They are not perfect but they do work and even having kayfuns and drippers now I still go back to my t3s on occasion, I sure hope this helps you.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thread is from last month and we're still talking about CE's With all of the new rda, rba and rta's Out there?
Last month?? You make it sound like it was a century ago?? This thread is only 8 day's old and the OP asked about CE's not RDA's etc.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello RJ99, I started vaping with a kanger t3s, They use a protank head and are relatively easy to build and cheap to buy. The only issues I had with the tank is it's plastic so be careful of the juice you put in it and the bottom ring of the tank can come loose if your careless with it in your pocket. They are not perfect but they do work and even having kayfuns and drippers now I still go back to my t3s on occasion, I sure hope this helps you.
I believe that all the T3's are glass now. I don't think that anyone makes them in plastic anymore. Of coarse that does not mean that there some old stock laying around.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My first entry to rebuilding coils was rebuilding EVOD/Protank coils, not that hard to do

at the time i was using EVODs, protank II, and mini Protank 2

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What Panther1911 just said. Super easy and perform amazingly well when custom built.
4qZEqey.jpg

MirkoGradski

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an orchid v5 now I think I'm gonna scoop a kayfun for the hell of it.

VU Sponsors