Become a Patron!

Extremely Low Resistance

Zyed

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have some alien wire I wrapped (3x 26g SS 316L cores with 34g ss 316L wrap) that I don't want to coil before I know if it will work on my mod.

According to steam engine my ideal sized finished coil would clock in about .173 ohms. All my tanks are dual coil so this means it would drop to about .08 resistance

I have a dna250 chip mod (s body vapedroid c2d1) and .08 ohms is the very lowest resistance it will operate at in tc mode.

I'm also worried about the effectiveness of tc with this low of a resistance of SS.

Should I just add a couple more wraps so the final resistance is .1 at the cost of more coil mass?

Will SS still work alright at this low of a resistance in TC at the bottom end of the mod's capabilities because it's a DNA 250 chip??

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I have some alien wire I wrapped (3x 26g SS 316L cores with 34g ss 316L wrap) that I don't want to coil before I know if it will work on my mod.

According to steam engine my ideal sized finished coil would clock in about .173 ohms. All my tanks are dual coil so this means it would drop to about .08 resistance

I have a dna250 chip mod (s body vapedroid c2d1) and .08 ohms is the very lowest resistance it will operate at in tc mode.

I'm also worried about the effectiveness of tc with this low of a resistance of SS.

Should I just add a couple more wraps so the final resistance is .1 at the cost of more coil mass?

Will SS still work alright at this low of a resistance in TC at the bottom end of the mod's capabilities because it's a DNA 250 chip??
Dna250s are pretty flexible with firing low resistance SS coils. I regularly vape .08 builds with no issues.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I very much appreciate the input. I'm going to try it out myself! :)
I personally would only trust a DNA to manage that. I'm a big fan of those low resistance builds..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since you use a DNA250 chip, and seems like you use ss material, so I would suggest you use ss tc mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Low ohm really is only a concern of mechanical mod users....

With a regulated mod as long as you are within Board limits the mod does not care what ohm you run.... in many cases you have to build at the lower limit to get full power.

Your batteries might but as long as you cover the max amp draw. Your good.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors