Become a Patron!

F.D.A. Plans to Ban Most Flavored E-Cigarette Sales in Stores

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The increase in vaping coincides with a plunge in teen smoking of regular cigarettes. Only about 4 percent of students in the state reported using traditional smokes, the lowest rate in the nation.

And there you have it. Looks like they'll squash that abysmally low teen smoking rate. Future tax revenue was in jeopardy. :gaah:

Evil bastards, choosing money over the health of a generation

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Have you ever noticed the pattern to this suckage?

Yes, It seems they get the same sucky memo from the same sucky source so they all write similarly sucky stories.

Oh and here is some context.

They failed at keeping alcohol & drugs away from teens so it seems is if they are doing this to just appear as if they are "saving the children":

upload_2018-11-11_15-43-57.png

So "every day" (20+ days a month) use went from 2.3% to 2.99%.

Meanwhile actual cigarette use surely dropped 0.7% or more during the same time.

A non smoker could probably vape 20+ days a month for quite some time and it wouldn't be any worse then stopping drinking coffee when the time came.
A smoker who smokes 20+ days a month already has a PAD habit after the first month.

A real fucking epidemic, isn't it?:facepalm:

Buddha222

Chainvaping through the fog ....
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Flavored ecig products are getting banned because teens may be more attracted to them and start smoking cigarettes?
If they want to smoke, (and they will get it from an older friend or sibling) I'd prefer they got an ecig than a cigarette.
Might as well be the safer option.

I can see the logic in it, by the same argument, shouldn't the FDA also ban flavored condoms and dental dams?

According to the FDA, you don't have to be 18 to buy condoms, even flavored ones. In fact, there is no minimum age requirement.
Won't the fruity flavors encourage teens to do the tango? I guess they're going to anyway.
Might as well be the safer option.

VU Sponsors