3% Cornish cream tea (FA)
2% Marshmallow (FA)
2% Nonna's Cake (FA)
3% Red Touch (Strawberry) (FA)
2% Vienna Cream (FA)

MichelleTearsofCrimson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cornish Cream Tea?! Wow, that's a new one to me. (Is it new?) What inspired your use of it in Strawberry Shortcake?

It was on the FA UK site and I needed to justify a reason to pay $15 shipping LOL It's the Clotted cream, Strawberry Jam on a biscuit ... Just seemed like it would fit in the FA Nonna's Cake because it's more of an angel food cake ... reminded me of the ones you buy at the grocery store to make Strawberry Shortcake in a hurry.

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It was on the FA UK site and I needed to justify a reason to pay $15 shipping LOL It's the Clotted cream, Strawberry Jam on a biscuit ... Just seemed like it would fit in the FA Nonna's Cake because it's more of an angel food cake ... reminded me of the ones you buy at the grocery store to make Strawberry Shortcake in a hurry.
In the uk in Cornwall and Devon especially they have clotted cream teas which is a baked scone (more like a small cake) cut in half then topped with jam (strawberry is my favourite) and clotted cream or clotted cream then jam (jelly is what you call jam in the US) yummy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
Nonna Cake titled recipes , its a trend now ? :D

Cornish cream tea seems to be a blend, description does not give out much but saying it has strawberry in it.

Wonder if FA UK would mind disclosing ingredients used and % on their blends

ANYHOW THANKS FOR THE RECIPES !!!! Once nonna is in will definitely try them both!!!

edit : found the following on their site

Cornish Cream Tea
CREAM 35% STRAWBERRY 35% COOKIE 30%

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just got mine a few days ago as well. I got home today and mixed it at 3% to get a sense of the flavour and what I could mix it with.
DAMN, this is good. Hands down my favourite single flavour to date. The possibilities are endless.

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes it really is the best cake flavour out there. Cant wait to try it with all kinds of spices, nuts, fruits.

I was just eating something with sesame in it and had a vape, the combination was awesome! Reminded me of the asian glutinous rice desserts with sesame that I love so much. I know there isn't a a decent rice flavour out there but I will try this with INW sesame.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good to know. I'll begin stalking the U.S. re sellers in mid March.
This flavor should work great with Lorann's Cream Cheese Icing. I get more of a baked yellow cake flavor and aroma on the exhale. The ricotta is at the inhale.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
qscsVx7.png

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep. Also the liquid is not dark like that.
I don't think the darkness you're seeing in the pic is the liquid. I think there's a dark stripe on the label at the top. Below the label at the base the liquid looks clear. All the pics of bottles seem to have that brown stripe, even the flavors I know are clear.
This sounds like a great flavor, looking forward to hearing more experiences.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't think the darkness you're seeing in the pic is the liquid. I think there's a dark stripe on the label at the top. Below the label at the base the liquid looks clear. All the pics of bottles seem to have that brown stripe, even the flavors I know are clear.
This sounds like a great flavor, looking forward to hearing more experiences.
I surely hope you're right. This flavor is fantastic. I'll definitely be buying more of this stuff.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Save me the trouble of reading backwards, did you buy from Italy (my ancestral homeland) and if you did how much was the shipping?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
X7WymVg.png
[/IMG]
X7WymVg.png
[/IMG]
X7WymVg.png
[/IMG]
X7WymVg.png

I too have the FA Saffron. I haven't tried in in any vape (or other) recipe... yet. I certainly would be interested in your plans/results/impressions.

Thanks!

Ron
-----
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."- Miguel de Cervantes

Last edited:

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I too have the FA Saffron. I haven't tried in in any vape (or other) recipe... yet. I certainly would be interested in your plans/results/impressions.

Thanks!

Ron
-----
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."- Miguel de Cervantes
If you like saffron you should really try it. Be careful it's quite potent and becomes stronger with steeping. I will be adding it to nonnas cake soon, I think it will make an excellent combination.

VU Sponsors