Become a Patron!

FA Nonna's Cake Recipes

jant

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, they do have it, very nice! It wasn't there when I looked a few days ago ... maybe this means it will more readily available soon. I bet this sells out fast.

Thanks for the heads up, Jant!
You're welcome............

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found a coupon code for the above store ELRECIPES FOR 10% off. Personally, I'm waiting for more reviews so I'll skip this offering at this time.

P.S. IDK if coupon code works.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used it in two different mixes and I swear I'm tasting TFA's red velvet cake. o_O ..Not a bad thing because I happen to like red velvet cake (though most seem to hate it), But that's what it tastes like to me. Got both my mixes aging to see if it changes.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've used it in two different mixes and I swear I'm tasting TFA's red velvet cake.

Might that sensory perception be from having a nice slice of....

red velvet.jpg

....while vaping? That could explain it. :D

Ron
----
Red Velvet Cheesecake
Elis redefines this southern classic! A moist and subtle cocoa-flavored red velvet cake, a layer of rich and creamy red velvet cheesecake and fluffy vanilla mousse with a dusting of red velvet cake crumbs makes this beauty a triple threat. shop.elicheesecake.com/product/cheesecake_redvelvet

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, but I sure wish it was! That looks awesome!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might that sensory perception be from having a nice slice of....

View attachment 43351

....while vaping? That could explain it. :D

Ron
----
Red Velvet Cheesecake
Elis redefines this southern classic! A moist and subtle cocoa-flavored red velvet cake, a layer of rich and creamy red velvet cheesecake and fluffy vanilla mousse with a dusting of red velvet cake crumbs makes this beauty a triple threat. shop.elicheesecake.com/product/cheesecake_redvelvet
BTW, I don't ever see myself paying $42 for a cheesecake, I don't care how good it is....:eek:....LOL!!

cass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What company is most likely to carry Nona when it first arrives in the US?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm banking on Bull City Vapor. ;)

cass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes....just noticed....$25.00/120 mL + $6.00 shipping......I guess since no one else has it thats the price it has to be unless you want to wait........and I bit the bullet and went for 120/mL.....with shipping it comes out to $0.258/mL

Last edited:

cass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All I can say is WOW...I ordered 120mL of nonna's cake at about 12:00 on Friday and it just came in the mail today....didn't see that coming.....now what to do with it......hmmmmmm

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try it at 3% standalone first to get a taste of it and then think of different things to go with it coconut,strawberry,chocolate,banana,cream,custard,list is endless.

Sent from my P022 using Tapatalk

JuicyJade

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is what the U.S. bottle will have on it.:D
fa957064f483c730bd84428fe614c18c.jpg

LMAO!

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes....just noticed....$25.00/120 mL + $6.00 shipping......I guess since no one else has it thats the price it has to be unless you want to wait........and I bit the bullet and went for 120/mL.....with shipping it comes out to $0.258/mL

...I love Nicotine River...:oops:

MichelleTearsofCrimson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I can say is WOW...I ordered 120mL of nonna's cake at about 12:00 on Friday and it just came in the mail today....didn't see that coming.....now what to do with it......hmmmmmm

I vape at 21w and like it at 4% here's the latest recipe that turned out really well for me with it:

TOC'S Sweet Heavenly Cake

2% Catalan Cream (FA)
4% Nonna's Cake (FA)
1% Sucralose
10% Vanilla Custard v2 (CAP)

Flavor total: 17%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/486X

jant

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Raspberry Cream Charlotte

2% Fresh Cream (FA)
0.75% Joy (FA)
2% Lemon Sicily (FA)
1% Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA)
0.5% Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA)
2% Nonna's Cake (FA)
1.5% Raspberry (FA)
1% Whipped Cream (TPA)
2% Yogurt (FA)

Flavor total: 12.75%

TOC'S Strawberry Shortcake
3% Cornish cream tea (FA)
2% Marshmallow (FA)
2% Nonna's Cake (FA)
3% Red Touch (Strawberry) (FA)
2% Vienna Cream (FA)
just made both of these they smell delicious will let them age for a few days and let you know,if I can wait that long

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got Nonna Cake today and at 3% it was just ok, at between 4 and 5 % this may be my favorite FA flavor. I have to admit that I am not the biggest FA fan :rolleyes: but they have a real nice flavor here. I do get a lemon cake with this but find it real nice, can't wait to try it in a mix with other flavors but on it's own it is a satisfying vape. I have been vaping it all night and it doesn't have that dry throat experience I have with other FA flavors, really happy about that.

Well done FA :D

blanblu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hello all, first off, I'm a new diy'er and I commend you all for the great input I've been able to absorb while reading you on this great forum. I was able to pick up some Nonna's Cake and I've tested it on 3 different recipes and I would have to agree that it's definitely no substitute for FW Yellow Cake (but is it really supposed to be? :p) ... I do find that it can easily overwhelm other flavors in all my recipes so far so my next attempt will be at < 2% o_O

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just ordered some. Looking forward to giving it a shake.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

blanblu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm thinking about mixing this recipe later as an attempt to recreate the full effect of a torta della nonna (being 100% italian and all :p)

Cream Fresh - 0.5% (for creamier-smoother flavor)
Custard - 2% (to add the crema pasticcera filling to the cake)
Lemon Sicily -
0.5% (for a touch more lemon brightness)
Nonna's Cake - 1.5% (trying it a bit lower for now)
Pear - 1% (for sweeter-creamier taste)
Vanilla Classic - 1% (a little more vanilla since Custard has weaker vanilla)

I thought about adding a combination of Caramel + Walnut for its ability to create butter notes (as it steeps)... but also to see if I can bring out the pine notes from Nonna's Cake...however, I'd like to see how it turns out as is ...first

Thoughts? :)

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I vape at 21w and like it at 4% here's the latest recipe that turned out really well for me with it:

2% Catalan Cream (FA)
4% Nonna's Cake (FA)
1% Sucralose

Bout to whip this one up. No sucralose for me though. Im not a fan. GOnna sube some V1 custard though, cause I love me some diketones ;)

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SO, it needs more steeping, but I couldnt resist a tank full after 1 day or so.
I dig it. I have to admit, Im a bit surprised how much the 4% nonna changes such a heavy custard base. At 10% I expected to end up more custardy, but the cake is legit. Cant wait for my other Nonna recipes to steep a bit more.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

2% Catalan Cream (FA)
4% Nonna's Cake (FA)
1% Sucralose

Can you tell me who makes Sucralose? Can I sub it with tfa sweetener?

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've used it in two different mixes and I swear I'm tasting TFA's red velvet cake. o_O ..Not a bad thing because I happen to like red velvet cake (though most seem to hate it), But that's what it tastes like to me. Got both my mixes aging to see if it changes.
Teresa
Do you have a recipe for red velvet cake. I've tried on my own making and it was terrible with adding cream chesse icing.. You mentioned urs was like this . I have the new nonnas cake but can't imagine it in red velvet..
Thanks Karen

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Teresa
Do you have a recipe for red velvet cake. I've tried on my own making and it was terrible with adding cream chesse icing.. You mentioned urs was like this . I have the new nonnas cake but can't imagine it in red velvet..
Thanks Karen
The following calls for TFA red velvet cake flavoring, but if you're gonna use Nonna's cake instead, you might wanna drop that back to 2-3%. ;)
This isn't my recipe, actually came from ELR over a year ago, not sure who to credit.

5% red velvet cake - TFA
6% cream cheese icing - LA
3% vanilla swirl - TFA
1% vanilla cupcake - TFA

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm thinking about mixing this recipe later as an attempt to recreate the full effect of a torta della nonna (being 100% italian and all :p)

Cream Fresh - 0.5% (for creamier-smoother flavor)
Custard - 2% (to add the crema pasticcera filling to the cake)
Lemon Sicily -
0.5% (for a touch more lemon brightness)
Nonna's Cake - 1.5% (trying it a bit lower for now)
Pear - 1% (for sweeter-creamier taste)
Vanilla Classic - 1% (a little more vanilla since Custard has weaker vanilla)

I thought about adding a combination of Caramel + Walnut for its ability to create butter notes (as it steeps)... but also to see if I can bring out the pine notes from Nonna's Cake...however, I'd like to see how it turns out as is ...first

Thoughts? :)
How did that come out for you?

blanblu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I whipped this up on the 22nd and with the Custard in the recipe, I'm not entirely sure how long I need to steep it...I'm assuming at least 2 weeks but probably more like a month? any idea? :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I whipped this up on the 22nd and with the Custard in the recipe, I'm not entirely sure how long I need to steep it...I'm assuming at least 2 weeks but probably more like a month? any idea? :)

I've never steeped (intentionally) any FA recipes more than 2 days LOL With the low amount of flavoring they are ready much faster!

blanblu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never steeped (intentionally) any FA recipes more than 2 days LOL With the low amount of flavoring they are ready much faster!
hmmm...ok good to know!!! *shrugs* :)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Cap V2 custard?
For me, I've never enjoyed it during the first 3 weeks of aging when it was 6% or higher in a recipe. YMMV

Ron
---
"Don't be a luddy-duddy! Don't be a mooncalf! Don't be a jabbernowl! You're not those, are you?"- Egbert Sousé: (WC Fields The Bank Dick 1940)

blanblu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cap V2 custard?
For me, I've never enjoyed it during the first 3 weeks of aging when it was 6% or higher in a recipe. YMMV

Ron
---
"Don't be a luddy-duddy! Don't be a mooncalf! Don't be a jabbernowl! You're not those, are you?"- Egbert Sousé: (WC Fields The Bank Dick 1940)
no, FA Custard at 2%, any experience with it? :)

blanblu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well I broke down and wicked my twisted messes (24ga 316L dual 10 wrap @ 0.23ohm) and set my mod to 100W 450F TC and I must say it is pretty damn delicious! :D

VU Sponsors