Become a Patron!

FA Torrone and Apple Pie...

kmpopsicle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just received them yesterday and made up a sample bottle of each. Tried them today and they are even better than I had hoped! And the FA collection grows. So many BIG THANKS to HIC for his excellent FA flavor notes!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm glad the notes helped! They're two very useful flavors for me. Are you saying you mixed them (if so - equally, or more of which)? That's a combo I've never tried.

kmpopsicle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I mixed two separate samples. Although, vaping them side by side, I don't think I'd mind trying them together. All of the flavor notes, in my mind anyways, seem like they may play together well. Lol, I've seen and tried much stranger combos! Thanks again HIC :)

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I really like FA Torrone. Unfortunately I seem to be in the minority here in rural South Carolina.

How does the FA apple pie compare to the Capella apple pie? I like the Capella version - it doesn't taste much of apple but adds a distinct 'crust' flavor to a berry cobbler juice I make.

kmpopsicle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't tried Capellas Apple Pie yet but fa's is kinda like that, more crust than apple, very little to no cinnamon. I like it but I had to use a higher % than a lot of people say they do. I have poor taste buds though lol.

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Capellas apple pie is much bolder and sweeter than FA's. To me caps tastes like mcdonalds apple pie ( the filling ) while fa is lighter but provides a nice crust ( no apple ) I like both, but they are both very different flavors.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
How does the FA apple pie compare to the Capella apple pie? I like the Capella version - it doesn't taste much of apple but adds a distinct 'crust' flavor to a berry cobbler juice I make.

That's just the way I usually use FA Apple Pie! It's really savory crust, and lots of it. The apples are realistic but skimpy and not spiced. That disappointed me at first, but now I appreciate it - because I can use it to add great crust to just about anything. Or I can add my choice of apples and spices (and boozy stuff, and....) for great apple pie.

IMO, Capellas flavors are sweeter than FA, and not as realistic because of that. I can mix with FA to make a wide range of flavors, but with Capellas, it's going to be sweet no matter what. My max-VG habit may have something to do with that, too!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree, FA apple pie has too little apple and too much pie.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

kmpopsicle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea why I don't have marzipan yet with as long as I've been eyeballing it lol. Thanks for the recipe link HIC, I'm going to swap out the irish cream I have on my next order list for the the marzipan. I tried the apple pie with the torrone and it just didn't do anything for me. I mostly use it with a little meringue, which is one of my absolute favorite flavors.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have no idea why I don't have marzipan yet with as long as I've been eyeballing it lol. Thanks for the recipe link HIC, I'm going to swap out the irish cream I have on my next order list for the the marzipan. I tried the apple pie with the torrone and it just didn't do anything for me. I mostly use it with a little meringue, which is one of my absolute favorite flavors.

Oh, if you like Meringue, I think you're gonna really like Marzipan!

VU Sponsors