Become a Patron!

FA Tutti Frutti prediction?

Stephan1eMitchell

Member For 4 Years
70VG, FA Tutti Frutti alone at 5%

I find the taste mild but adequate. Friends have told me they can barely taste the flavor. Maybe I am a super taster!

I am going to mix two test batches at 10% and 15%. I'm a newb but as I understand it, those are high percentages with FA.

Just wondering if anyone predicts that I will get "the licorice taste" at 10 or 15?

I've always heard about "the licorice taste" at higher percentages but have never bumped into it. I'd like to try to find it so see how close I've always been to it.

(PS "Awop-bop-a-loo-mop alop bom bom" - Little Richard)

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
You probably won't taste anything, could also be the reason your friends can't taste it at 5%. Give it a go but I doubt it will be as successful as you plan it to be.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've never heard about it tasting like licorice. At 2%, it tastes like Juicy Fruit, though.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I've never heard about it tasting like licorice. At 2%, it tastes like Juicy Fruit, though.

I just got this flavor to test because people including HIC say it tastes IDENTICAL to juicy fruit....... I tried it at 2% and its somewhat weak to me and tastes waxy more then juicy fruit. The flavor is reminiscent of juicy fruit but not quite in my mind.

Im interested in this licorice flavor....so post your results

Stephan1eMitchell

Member For 4 Years
Ok so here's what I found.

Someone originally recommended 4% for Tutti Frutti as a stand-alone flavor. I went with 5%.

As I said in my OP, I find it pretty mild but adequate.

At 10% there was a lot more flavor.

At 15% it had a weird taste. One of my fellow testers described it as a "menthol" taste. Another tester described it as "licorice", although she may have just used that word because I asked her to tell me if she tasted licorice. I shouldn't have put that word in her head.

The overall mix was 70% VG so I gave it a week to steep at room temperature. 6mg nic. And if it matters, I used a magnetic mixer, mixing at higher speed before adding the nic (so as not to oxidize the nic with all the bubbles) and then 15 min of slow mixing after adding the nic.

So there we go. 10% seems a little high for a single FA flavor but the taste is a lot fuller at 10% than 5%. And licorice at 15%.

VU Sponsors