Become a Patron!

FA - Vienna Cream question

Hello,

I recently switched over from smoking regular cigarettes to vaping (and I've dived in with both feet). Being as I'm a big hobby guy, it only made sense that I started making my own ejuice as well (I brew my own beer, was rolling my own cigs, etc). I grabbed a handful of HIC recipes since everyone seems to come to a consensus that his recipes tend to be extremely good. My question is regarding FA - Vienna Cream. It seems to completely overpower everything and its all I can taste in all (7) of the mixes that I made. I haven't done any of the hot water steeping methods yet, or have they had time to cure (only mixed about 4 days ago).

So I'm wondering if this flavor will mellow out after some time, or if this is just a flavor that my pallet will never enjoy? Or is there something similar to Vienna cream that is a little more mild that I might be able to substitute?

Some of the recipes that I made are : Xtra Smooth Tiramisu, Homemade Peanut Butter, Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake, Vanilla Nut Coffee.

Thanks for any insight.

Bigunn

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hmm. Yeah, some people definitely react differently to flavors. I have an experience with the flavor "Joy" that breaks my heart. I do sometimes swap Vienna Cream for Vanilla Classic. I enjoy VIenna, but sometimes I just prefer the Vanilla Classic in a mix. You could try that swap. I usually get great results with it.

Are you mixing the flavors at the % suggested per mix? Vienna does have an odd chemical smell to me, but it generally melds into yummy. After 4 days, I'd think you'd taste it as intended. Maybe try the swap and see how you feel. If a recipe calls for both, either omit the Vienna altogether as is, or even bump the Classic a tad.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like using it in small %s along with other creams i.e. CAPs Sweet Cream, FA Fresh Cream. For instance if I'm shooting for 2% cream in my recipe and want a tad more creaminess and a bit of Vanilla I would use 1.5% Fresh Cream and .5% Vienna.

Nikolais

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello,

I recently switched over from smoking regular cigarettes to vaping (and I've dived in with both feet). Being as I'm a big hobby guy, it only made sense that I started making my own ejuice as well (I brew my own beer, was rolling my own cigs, etc). I grabbed a handful of HIC recipes since everyone seems to come to a consensus that his recipes tend to be extremely good. My question is regarding FA - Vienna Cream. It seems to completely overpower everything and its all I can taste in all (7) of the mixes that I made. I haven't done any of the hot water steeping methods yet, or have they had time to cure (only mixed about 4 days ago).

So I'm wondering if this flavor will mellow out after some time, or if this is just a flavor that my pallet will never enjoy? Or is there something similar to Vienna cream that is a little more mild that I might be able to substitute?

Some of the recipes that I made are : Xtra Smooth Tiramisu, Homemade Peanut Butter, Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake, Vanilla Nut Coffee.

Thanks for any insight.

Bigunn
I had an issue where i was using syringes at first and was actually adding more of each flavor than i realized. If you hold a syringe and take out 2 ml from a bottle, its actually more than 2 if you pour that amount in a 10ml graduated tube. I have since stopped using syringes for that reason and also for a possibility of contaminating one flavor with another

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Stale Beer !!! am I wrong Huck ?
Thats what I get from Joy..... Really strong stale beer right after mix........ lighter stale beer, and something else after 3 week steep.
I can find a use for it...... But it aint all Rainbows and Unicorns I Tell ya !
:eek:
EXACTLY my experience. Not JOYful at all. It would make good yeast raised donuts, or something of that ilk at the right percentage, but I don't get any of the "good" flavors everyone else raves about.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stale Beer !!! am I wrong Huck ?
Thats what I get from Joy..... Really strong stale beer right after mix........ lighter stale beer, and something else after 3 week steep.
I can find a use for it...... But it aint all Rainbows and Unicorns I Tell ya !
:eek:
I like the way Joy works in my Coconut Cake Doughnuts. It helps bring a yeastiness to it.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
EXACTLY my experience. Not JOYful at all. It would make good yeast raised donuts, or something of that ilk at the right percentage, but I don't get any of the "good" flavors everyone else raves about.

I'm with you guys on this one. I tried to make HIC's strawberry cotton candy mix and it came out tasting like a flat strawberry beer to me, I thought something was wrong with my Joy, guess not lol. So now I have almost a full 30ml bottle of the stuff I'm not entirely sure what to do with.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm with you guys on this one. I tried to make HIC's strawberry cotton candy mix and it came out tasting like a flat strawberry beer to me, I thought something was wrong with my Joy, guess not lol. So now I have almost a full 30ml bottle of the stuff I'm not entirely sure what to do with.
I had that same experience, was vaping it at work and the girl beside me got a whiff and said "I smell beer.....who's got beer?" Lol!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm working on this flavor.;)
images

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use joy in my doh face recipe. Pretty darn good, imo

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It actually does work well in some recipes, but I'd recommend baked goods, not one with fruit as the primary ingredient.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure I haven't given it enough of a chance yet in other recipes. This winter when its 6ft deep snow here in South Dakota I will have to spend some time figuring it out. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm sure I haven't given it enough of a chance yet in other recipes. This winter when its 6ft deep snow here in South Dakota I will have to spend some time figuring it out. :)
Please share if you unlock that one. I've tried percentages all over the place and in HIC's mixes. Beer/Tobacco. Not yum. Quite jealous of those that get a delicious funnel cake from that one, for reals.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please share if you unlock that one. I've tried percentages all over the place and in HIC's mixes. Beer/Tobacco. Not yum. Quite jealous of those that get a delicious funnel cake from that one, for reals.

Oh for sure, I'm also jealous of other people and their experiences with this! I love me some deep fried sugary goodness which is what I was really hoping for with joy.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well crap. I have 2 bottles of it (Joy) - I bought a second one because it's always out of stock. I STILL haven't tried it! Okay, gonna go make a 5ml sample bottle now...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well crap. I have 2 bottles of it (Joy) - I bought a second one because it's always out of stock. I STILL haven't tried it! Okay, gonna go make a 5ml sample bottle now...
Hopefully you're one of the lucky ones. If not, I have no doubt you'd have luck in trading or selling it.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tossed mine. I couldn't get it to do anything for me I nicknamed it the destroyer. HIC must have the magic touch.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So far, at 3%, there's really not much flavor. Should I up the percentage (HIC doesn't recommend going over 3% "over 3% is cloying to me") or mix it with something else?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Think I used either 2% or 2.5% stand alone, (70/30VG tho).
Kind-of a strange taste, neither good nor bad, just weird.
Couldn't really tell what it reminded me of but it didn't ring any bells anyhow.
Had so much trouble finding any I bought 2 bottles also, when it became available.

VU Sponsors