Fake LG HE2 BATTERY ALERT

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fake LG HE2 BATTERY ALERT self.electronic_cigarette

submitted 23 minutes ago by DRDANC805

Hey all be super carefull and remember to check your battery's twice I almost blew my hand off due to some fake battery's that vented in my mod. I sent 2 of the battery's from the lot I purchased from www.101vapes sale to the battery expert mooch and here is his results https://www.facebook.com/batterymooch/posts/1941154666174110 once again please be safe and remember to build to your battery's limits if you use a mechmod.

Posted in it's entirety from Reddit with permission of original poster.
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/6sic1u/fake_lg_he2_battery_alert/

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DRDANC805[S] 1 point 6 minutes ago

Yeah feel free to repost this in vapeing underground I think the more people that see this the better

Robert_Cromwell 1 point 2 minutes ago

Thanks

• DRDANC805[S] 1 point 7 minutes ago

Agree he is a real asset to the vapeing community

• Can you or I post your post on Vaping underground?
      • Robert_Cromwell 1 point 11 minutes ago

I think 101 vapes needs to hire Mooch to test their batteries for them.
        • DRDANC805[S] 2 points 13 minutes ago

Lol its OK I actually contacted 101vapes and was told by tech support that they don't sell fakes and that they test them when the receive them and there is no way it could be a fake and it must be my charger not chargeing them correctly and that i should charge them again.... when I was told that I figured the best thing to do would be to check with mooch and see if he's seen anything like this and he offered to purchase them from me and test them and that's what I did..I just thought I would share my experience with you guys
          • deleted this post by another person since I did not have their permission ro repost.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Interesting... I just bought 4 LG HE2's from the last sale from 101 and mine are 4 legged legits. I buy all my batteries from 101 and have never received a fake from them.

20170808_223937.jpg 20170808_223953.jpg 20170808_224144.jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the fakes are verified by mooch.
This was the first post that I have seen saying where they came from.

As to validity?
I honestly do not know but am not calling the O poster a liar by any means.

But then the net is just like paper and does not care what anyone writes on it.
Me I buy my batteries from Illumn.com

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ive bought batteries in the past from 101 with no issue. It doesnt matter where you buy batteries from, EVERYONE unless they only buy direct from the manufacturers, gets fakes sometimes. Its how they handle it when they do sell fakes that matters.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well the fakes are verified by mooch.
This was the first post that I have seen saying where they came from.

As to validity?
I honestly do not know but am not calling the O poster a liar by any means.

But then the net is just like paper and does not care what anyone writes on it.
Me I buy my batteries from Illumn.com

Yeah I buy batteries ONLY from illumn or liionwholesale -- 25R's from illumn and HE2s from liionwholesale. I've been considering some 30Q's... which of them has the best price on those?

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I buy batteries ONLY from illumn or liionwholesale -- 25R's from illumn and HE2s from liionwholesale. I've been considering some 30Q's... which of them has the best price on those?

Andria
Just went to IMR batteries. $6 for the 30Q.
and NO LG 18650's on their site.....

30Q for $4.99 at Illumn.com

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just went to IMR batteries. $6 for the 30Q.
and NO LG 18650's on their site.....

30Q for $4.99 at Illumn.com

Yep that';s exactly WHY I only buy batteries from them and liion -- best prices, dependable quality, authentic! Plus those sweet battery boxes. :)

But yeah with my son vaping too, suddenly my gracious plenty of batteries is just barely enough, and thank god I have quite a few internal-battery mods!

Andria

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first set of 25r's came from eciggity, I recall Mooch talking about potential fakes of those running around and was checking battery codes and things. Just shortly before he made mention of the he2's and yea imr stopped listing any lg batteries. I knew that lg had been sending out cease and desist orders to places selling batteries for vaping, someone else on a Mooch post mentioned they were gone at imr. Checked and sure enough, mia. Only samsung, sony and a few others.

@AndriaD Imr's where I got my 30q's, they've been pretty solid performers. I paid $6 for them at imr, illumn has them for $5 each right now though. Free shipping if it's over a $50 order, not sure how much stuff you planned to buy. Liion seems to split the difference at around $5.60/ea, not sure about their shipping. They're a bit underrated, Mooch's tests had them on par with lg hg2 brownies despite the 15a rating on the sticker.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My first set of 25r's came from eciggity, I recall Mooch talking about potential fakes of those running around and was checking battery codes and things. Just shortly before he made mention of the he2's and yea imr stopped listing any lg batteries. I knew that lg had been sending out cease and desist orders to places selling batteries for vaping, someone else on a Mooch post mentioned they were gone at imr. Checked and sure enough, mia. Only samsung, sony and a few others.

@AndriaD Imr's where I got my 30q's, they've been pretty solid performers. I paid $6 for them at imr, illumn has them for $5 each right now though. Free shipping if it's over a $50 order, not sure how much stuff you planned to buy. Liion seems to split the difference at around $5.60/ea, not sure about their shipping. They're a bit underrated, Mooch's tests had them on par with lg hg2 brownies despite the 15a rating on the sticker.

Th only LGs I have are HE2's, 20A batteries, which *slightly* outperform the 25Rs for longevity -- 25Rs give me a whole day PLUS; with HE2's I can get 2 full days. I was thinking the 30Q's should outperform either. <10w isn't going to approach *EITHER* CDR. :giggle:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
30Q's should work out very nicely for you Andria. a very noticeable longer runtime per battery charge.

I use HG2's in all my regulated mods and 25R's in my mechs. HG2's have too much voltage drop under a moderately high load in a mech.
Will be replacing my HG2's with 30Q's though in the future as they fail.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a tiny bit off topic, don't like to bring it up because it was scarey as fuck but... I stuck two samsung 25r in series in a parallel meter and Sat it down left the room, came back 5 seconds later to find what looked like blue smoke, realised I really really fucked up picked up the meter pulled the cover off to find the batteries had swelled up I keep a fire proof glove next to my build station incase of this exact scenario. threw the batteries in dirt outside they were really really hot. eventually they cooled off and I disposed of them. man was that some scarey shit. pardon my French with this post.

@The Cromwell thanks for the heads up on the LG batts man.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
a tiny bit off topic, don't like to bring it up because it was scarey as fuck but... I stuck two samsung 25r in series in a parallel meter and Sat it down left the room, came back 5 seconds later to find what looked like blue smoke, realised I really really fucked up picked up the meter pulled the cover off to find the batteries had swelled up I keep a fire proof glove next to my build station incase of this exact scenario. threw the batteries in dirt outside they were really really hot. eventually they cooled off and I disposed of them. man was that some scarey shit. pardon my French with this post.

@The Cromwell thanks for the heads up on the LG batts man.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yikes! :confused: Good thing you caught it before they fully vented.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Got this a few mins ago...

upload_2017-8-9_14-46-5.png

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi VU,

I wish we could deny it, but after inspecting our batch, we found out that this is indeed true. Due to this, we are issuing a full recall on the affected batteries.

Full details about the recall can be found here: https://101vape.com/content/11-recalls

You are responding to it the right way and that's what matters.

Thanks for your quick actions!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems like their tech support group needs a bit of training.
If they had been trained better this would not have gone on for weeks?
And the assurance that they test all their batteries?

A decent follow thru on damage control though. And perhaps lesson learned?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The batteries you received ( in the pics) look to be legit though Pami.
Do they perform as they should?
I haven't used them yet... but yes, I believe they are legits. I sent the pics to 101, waiting for a response.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The batteries you received ( in the pics) look to be legit though Pami.
Do they perform as they should?
I haven't used them yet... but yes, I believe they are legits. I sent the pics to 101, waiting for a response.
I just heard back from 101 and they feel they are legits also, so I'm keeping mine.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi VU,

I wish we could deny it, but after inspecting our batch, we found out that this is indeed true. Due to this, we are issuing a full recall on the affected batteries.
Full details about the recall can be found here: https://101vape.com/content/11-recalls

This is how an honest vendor handles a real-world problem...
MAJOR props to 101 vape for business ethics.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yep that';s exactly WHY I only buy batteries from them and liion -- best prices, dependable quality, authentic! Plus those sweet battery boxes. :)

But yeah with my son vaping too, suddenly my gracious plenty of batteries is just barely enough, and thank god I have quite a few internal-battery mods!

Andria

Yeah, I only buy from either of those guys at this point - peace of mind and the prices are usually cheaper than sale prices at vaping sites anyway

VU Sponsors