Become a Patron!

Falcon in temp control?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am using SS316. 370F, 16.0W! DNA250C. Low wattage is the smoke alarms. However instead of chuck clouds the flavor is freaking off the chizain. Just wanted to make sure SS316 is best metal setting. Since it is not "really" temp control but works anyway. Also, any way to change coil without dumping juice? Have not changed yet. I can imagine on 100W, 480F but I am unable to do so. It is not leaking yet! Crown III was a sieve for me. Using F1 coils.

Hey scoot, know you show up here lol. Do you have a Yihi G class? Thought I saw you post pics somewhere. IMO, if so better than DNA really. Opinions of course. Even at this low setting plenty of vapor.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't tried the F1 coil yet. I went strait to the M3. But 16W seems very low. It's supposed to be best around 80W I think. I'm not sure if its SS316 or KA1.

The way to get someone's attention on this forum is to put a @ before their name. Usually if you put the @ symbol and a letter or two there is a little menu that pops up. That menu will have screen names you're looking to tag. Like this @MannyScoot . This is my second time tagging @MannyScoot today....I mean third with that one lol.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried the F1 coil yet. I went strait to the M3. But 16W seems very low. It's supposed to be best around 80W I think. I'm not sure if its SS316 or KA1.

The way to get someone's attention on this forum is to put a @ before their name. Usually if you put the @ symbol and a letter or two there is a little menu that pops up. That menu will have screen names you're looking to tag. Like this @MannyScoot . This is my second time tagging @MannyScoot today....I mean third with that one lol.
I'm assuming they are Kanthal ..... I'm reading on the box and can't see anything on what type of material
F1=Wood Pulp and Cotton .20 ohms 80 plus or minus 10 watts
F2= Flax Fiber .20 Ohms 80 plus or minus 10 watts
F3= Flax Fber and Flax Paper .20 ohms 70 plus or minus 10 watts
M1= Mesh Coil, Wood Pulp and Cotton .15 Ohms 70 watts plus or - 10 watts
M2= Mesh Coil, Wood Pulp and Cotton .16 ohms 70-80 Watts
M3= Mesh Coil, Wood Pulp and Cotton .15 ohms 80-85 Watts

This means they all need a minimum of 50 watts
I used them all and the best for me was 52 watts to 65 watts
Optimal for most is 60-62 watts
The M3 is good high at 65 to 80 watts it's ohming too low at .15 ohms it needs power to kick in.....

My choice for you is the M2
It vapes flavorful and tasty and cloudy at 60 watts .....

I didn't know they function below 50 watts......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I lowered my sx mini g class on powerful mode to 16 watts and like a small steam came out and after my third pull I felt it flooding and gurgling........ 16 watts aint doing it......

The minimum I can get anything is 25 watts...

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A really nice vape starting at 30 watts.......

35 watts it's where it starts to get really tasteful.........

40 watts is beautiful baby ...... a nice cool and cloudy vape and some taste......

Optimal taste I acquire at 50 to 62 watts......

you should hear some crackle and pop..... not a lot but some ..... No crackle and pop means no action !

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha I did not know this! Thanks. Anyway I noticed on Kanthal at just 52W it was way too hot. I am now on S316, 22.8W, 340F. Kanthal was like 500+F in 1-1/2 seconds. Oddly enough. Or I am just a Pussy. This is producing enough to scare me of setting them off. I cannot see in here after 15, 4 second puffs. Should have got M3 duh. Got 5 packs F1 for $8 each. I think that was a good deal? Resin tank was $18. Wisconsin. No one has any money so deals to be had. I prefer my custom Drip tip but does not really match. Wide bore to 510 is stupid IMO. It is working nice though. Good flava. Gobbled the tank in total puffs of 40 seconds lol. At 65 tank would be gone in 10 seconds. Crown III barely used juice. Just leaked it all over. It seems okay to me. I am sure it is Kanthal but too hot for my taste.

Yes, getting crackle,pop. Weird. Ohms says .09?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha I did not know this! Thanks. Anyway I noticed on Kanthal at just 52W it was way too hot. I am now on S316, 22.8W, 340F. Kanthal was like 500+F in 1-1/2 seconds. Oddly enough. Or I am just a Pussy. This is producing enough to scare me of setting them off. I cannot see in here after 15, 4 second puffs. Should have got M3 duh. Got 5 packs F1 for $8 each. I think that was a good deal? Resin tank was $18. Wisconsin. No one has any money so deals to be had. I prefer my custom Drip tip but does not really match. Wide bore to 510 is stupid IMO. It is working nice though. Good flava. Gobbled the tank in total puffs of 40 seconds lol. At 65 tank would be gone in 10 seconds. Crown III barely used juice. Just leaked it all over. It seems okay to me. I am sure it is Kanthal but too hot for my taste.
Look on eBay... I get the for $14.99 a pack of three and free shipping.... I think 45 watts on SS316 is good...

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the M2 are awesome..... 50 to 60 watts already a month....... I should be able to get 2 months........out of 1 coil....

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

A low end mod bounces the ohms.....

It should be pegged on plus or minus (1)OHM.. from what the manufacturer says......

I'm using the M2 coil now....The manufacturer says .16 Ohms.....

I have been pegged at .17 for a month
0ce5d107f29bc236f4b2dd9512370c11.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are in fact M1 coils. Oops. I think it did not ask yes/no on coil from RDTA. I will force it. On DNA250C. If I reset it right should take 50 easy. My own stupidity. I got coils 8 bucks pack, resin tank $18. This is 5ML? Does not seem to be 7. No Resin on Shenzen Horizontech website?

tejas240

Member For 2 Years

You dont' use kanthal coils for temp control, you should be using wattage mode only for falcon coils, very dangerous to temp control those coils.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are in fact M1 coils. Oops. I think it did not ask yes/no on coil from RDTA. I will force it. On DNA250C. If I reset it right should take 50 easy. My own stupidity. I got coils 8 bucks pack, resin tank $18. This is 5ML? Does not seem to be 7. No Resin on Shenzen Horizontech website?
You should use wattage..... Not TC someone mentioned above..... It's unsafe to TC on Kanthal...... and with the 250c hold the 2 small buttons and that should lock the ohms.....

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should use wattage..... Not TC someone mentioned above..... It's unsafe to TC on Kanthal...... and with the 250c hold the 2 small buttons and that should lock the ohms.....
50 watts is no problem for that coil....The m1 can handle 80 to 120 watts...... Play with that wattage ..... at 50 watts you are 20 watts below the recommended

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, trying it out!

Whole issue I did not reset ohms from last build. It is spot on at .15 now. Have it at 78W 420F and working great. clouds not huge can't in here. can go downstairs and shut door though for 120. The flavor is outstanding and this is juice that was $125 for 1.5 Gallons! IE, of dubious quality.

Oh wait. just turned to Kanthal. So stupid. me. No temp. Stil 78. Good. Thanks guy's.

Just wanted to know. Does base screw off without screwing top off? Before I take a juice bath!

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HEHE. This Puppy just belched out on me. Hands wet did not have tp screwed on. Me so stupid! Okay, not sure this is resin? It seems to be 5ML. The cap is metal on the inside and with a metal ring showing around the drip tip. Maybe a metal insert? If so that would be smart so resin doe snot melt. I once shrinky dinked a resin tank HAHA. Works good though when neurons all firing, Not sure which tank this is. It is like a coffee with cream color. or caramel.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HEHE. This Puppy just belched out on me. Hands wet did not have tp screwed on. Me so stupid! Okay, not sure this is resin? It seems to be 5ML. The cap is metal on the inside and with a metal ring showing around the drip tip. Maybe a metal insert? If so that would be smart so resin doe snot melt. I once shrinky dinked a resin tank HAHA. Works good though when neurons all firing, Not sure which tank this is. It is like a coffee with cream color. or caramel.
Yeah thry are exterior resin the resin would last long withour reinforcement due to the screwing on and off and the heat......
2e21bbc951fdbfbebbf40662c0b3bcf3.jpg

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Indeed. Like I said I had once a resin tank "implode" on me! You know what though? This tank may be too "strong" for me. Phlegm all day, choking. I will give it a week. Flavor at like 50W is really nice. Way better than Crown III. It does not belch clouds until over 75W. A+ but still might not be for me. Yours is sweet looking. How did you get than combination? I guess temp control is done. One stupidity warning: do not try to fill this when hot, duh! I seriously want this custom DNA75C. I guess if I only use 50W on 5,000MAH 26650 I am all good?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I haven't blown it up yet.... I mean I Vaped it at 120 watts and even at 160 and it vapes awesome....

This one ain't melting or blowing up.......

It's my favorite Subohm tank, but it's damb close to the taste of the VGOD PRO Subtank.... Head to Head combat
a3199e3a5c137037d110e383ef9de173.jpg

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Indeed. Like I said I had once a resin tank "implode" on me! You know what though? This tank may be too "strong" for me. Phlegm all day, choking. I will give it a week. Flavor at like 50W is really nice. Way better than Crown III. It does not belch clouds until over 75W. A+ but still might not be for me. Yours is sweet looking. How did you get than combination? I guess temp control is done. One stupidity warning: do not try to fill this when hot, duh! I seriously want this custom DNA75C. I guess if I only use 50W on 5,000MAH 26650 I am all good?
I have (2) one black and a blue.....
ab669112782f1fe8b7c7b86566a0d3bd.jpg
1f33ab6a5763d12cc6bc460a5b6862ce.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang! 160W on this? My head would detach. I have a similar one but Purple. I mean Mod on right. Yours looks nice. Asmodus is super. I can't say publicly what they did for me but it was fully unexpected. Kodama is US made, the body wood. The board is Chinese. Although, IMO as good as Yihi or Evolv. Bro, how you get your hand blue? You crazee man lol j/k. What is Mod on Left? Not Yihi? The Blue even nicer IMO. How you get that man? I do not see those. You got tip separate? Personally I think 810 to 510 is dumb but looks good on these. This tank is 5ML? Cannot be 7 no way. Other issue I stated is guzzles juice. Although being a Senior citizen I should already have enough juice for rest of life. Sitting on about 12 Gallons! Think I am cartel or some shit lol. This tank is very good but maybe too strong for me. I am one light weight Black Brotha. That Mod is insane nice. Should be a LE even.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang! 160W on this? My head would detach. I have a similar one but Purple. I mean Mod on right. Yours looks nice. Asmodus is super. I can't say publicly what they did for me but it was fully unexpected. Kodama is US made, the body wood. The board is Chinese. Although, IMO as good as Yihi or Evolv. Bro, how you get your hand blue? You crazee man lol j/k. What is Mod on Left? Not Yihi? The Blue even nicer IMO. How you get that man? I do not see those. You got tip separate? Personally I think 810 to 510 is dumb but looks good on these. This tank is 5ML? Cannot be 7 no way. Other issue I stated is guzzles juice. Although being a Senior citizen I should already have enough juice for rest of life. Sitting on about 12 Gallons! Think I am cartel or some shit lol. This tank is very good but maybe too strong for me. I am one light weight Black Brotha. That Mod is insane nice. Should be a LE even.
The tank is 7ml using the bubble glass or 5ml using the straight glass.

The tips have a 510 plug but are shaped 810 style..... You see how big it is...... I have a black and a blue Falcon resin.......

The colors are different in every mod from all Stabwood mods..... When you own one that's it, yours is the onky in the world......

This is a rare Minikin because it has knots on the wood and the staining on it and it's stained with 4 colors...... It took me a year of hunting to find it.....

The other mod is a GTRS Vboy it has a Yihi sx500 chip the same as the Yihi mini g class..... Only no Bluetooth.......

I tried answering most of your questions, I use a program on my phone to make the images in HDR.... Called Snapseed........

c1d8bd0f03cdce2b4eb402c7c7b1cbc2.jpg

a3bd1dc9458560dc700f2bfec4d541aa.jpg
d228b574bf79c0b6fc5acdf4da77e22f.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use the Falcon resin daily.....Tank is amazing.....
22206c1103eb1f3e6e76059dc813981c.jpg

VU Sponsors