Fast tech batteries

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I see this great sale on sony batteries. Can I trust fasttech? Are they really 30 amp? Will they be caught in shipping for 3 months. I have never ordered anything from them before because of the slow deliver process and I'm impatient. Any stories or reviews would be much appreciated. Thanks

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Batteries are one area I will not skimp on and look for rock bottom sales. Way too many fakes out there. Hell even some amazon marketplace sellers have been found to be selling fakes. Not worth the risk trying to save a buck when it comes to batteries. Buy from a reputable seller like RTD or Illumination Supply.

Tap'd from my LG G2

fasttech is rather reliable. read the reviews. batteries that are marked authentic ARE authentic. but there are problems with shipping them - only malasia post does it, and it's finicky at best...

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. Batteries is a area I don't like to skimp either, but for 5 bucks for sony 30amps good ass deal.

Big Jake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive only bought the LG batteries from fast tech and they work as well as my sony's purchased stateside. Shipping took the same time as any order I place with them 4-5 weeks, no matter if the items are in stock or not, it always takes 4-5 weeks.

Eliquidvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I understand the sonys on FT are legit, good luck getting them shipped though. Personally I dont like to buy anything from FT especially if they include batteries lol, wayyyyyy to long a wait.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I order a lot from china, but I wouldn't order batteries, not that I think they would be fake if posted as authentic, but you could be waiting 4-8 weeks for them, you can find good deals state side, and with the 4th July coming, a lot of vendors will be doing discounts.

Calcilculcelcol

Member For 4 Years
I order a lot from china, but I wouldn't order batteries, not that I think they would be fake if posted as authentic, but you could be waiting 4-8 weeks for them, you can find good deals state side, and with the 4th July coming, a lot of vendors will be doing discounts.
i am a gree with you my last order battery and Hammer mod shipping on 1st June via sing post and i didnt get yet :( . yesterday i check online still on Fransisco and its have been almost a month booo!

reddragons

Member For 4 Years
The fastetch sonys are legit order with confidence. I have ordered that same deal twice. If you do not have any other batteries, use the some of the money you saved. Buy a lose battery to use till the order arrives. You win

ImahFokker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you are impatient then fast tech is not the place for you to get batteries! They do have a few authentic but you have to make sure that it says that in the description. Batteries are the one thing that i would agree with a lot of the others and say that you should get those form a reputable vender! Also when it comes to batteries going through china post will get major delays from the extra scanning going on, and they also might get kicked back to fasttech. SO my synopsis is to try fasttech for some of your other gear if you want to get something cheep and don't mind waiting for it(just be careful look at reviews on the items before buying them) and for all batteries and juice i would go through other companies that are more well known!

Thrasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"If you are impatient then fast tech is not the place for you to get batteries!"

agreed - if you arent in dire need and can order and forget it it is a great deal. i have close to a dozen batts from FT and they are legit and work well. if i cant wait I hit up RTD, and if I need them ""now"" I order from orbtronics as they arent far from me and i usually see them next day.

Big Jake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"FOREIGN CENTER JERSEY CITY NJ" this is the limbo status of my FT Sony batty's for last 3 weeks.
FT actually shipped all my july orders pretty quick, within 72 hours, and all other orders arrived in 12 days or less.
The battery's tho, that's another story. Custom agent trying them out in his/her mech first I guess :confused:

realsis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi I ordered some batteries from fasttech back in April and have Not received them yet 90 days or so later. If I Were YOU I WOULD NOT order them from fasttech. I don't know what happened to my order. I can't track it, I never heard a thing back about it. Don't know if they were seized at customs, don't know if they are still going to show up some day.of course i went and bought some other batteries because I couldn't wait 90 some days for them. So I'm telling you my story to save you from what ever happened to me and my battery order.90 days even with fasttech standards is kinda ridicoulas, and I don't know if they will EVER come. Total waste of money. I live in california . I heard they ship to california fairly quick, so I'm not sure what happened to my order...from the start when I tried to track it I couldnt. So don't waste your time. Get some good batteries in the USA where you don't have to wait 6 months for them to come, if they come at all. Hope this helps you out.

"FOREIGN CENTER JERSEY CITY NJ" this is the limbo status of my FT Sony batty's for last 3 weeks.
FT actually shipped all my july orders pretty quick, within 72 hours, and all other orders arrived in 12 days or less.
The battery's tho, that's another story. Custom agent trying them out in his/her mech first I guess :confused:

It's been 4 weeks for me. "Item sent to Foreign Center Jersey City, NJ" I ordered a Kamry Robot mod and a battery but I'm wondering at this point if I will ever get either.

realsis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, my order was in april. Still no battery. It's almost aug!!! I bought more. Total waste of money.

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I thought you couldn't ship batteries by mail unless they where in a device.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
All batteries i have ordered, I have gotten. There were battery issues with Hong Kong post holding them, but they no longer use them. Every battery they sell as legit ARE legit. If it says "Style" in the title that means they are fake batteries. They are very open about what is real and isnt.

VaperJedi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been ordering from them for quite a while with only one problem, and they handled the problem professionally (mini protank clone came defective, they shipped a replacement free). Just keep a few things in mind.

1) they are a reseller not a manufacturer. They state what they see. If it's authentic, and their vendor says it's authentic, chances are, it WILL be authentic. I have yet to see them state false information.
2) Unless you live in China, it will have to go through TWO customs offices... one in China, and the other from your country. That will delay shipment.
3) they usually ship on time...sometimes 1-2 days later. if it says "ships in five days", don't expect it to start it's mail journey until five days are up.
4) most shipping carriers have labeled Lithium Batteries as a hazardous material. Because of that, they refuse to ship them without paying an extremely high ammount. Fasttech has found other carriers that still ship lithium batteries, but their tracking isn't as good as SingPost or USPS.
5) expect longer delivery times... you're getting a great deal, but it will require more patience.
6) read customer reviews... they're your best source for finding the "low down" on the item.

Just my two cents worth.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I was thinking I could pull apart some laptop batterys apart qnd use the 18650s out of them if I ever get a good vamo or something .

Smugface

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
I have had no issues with batteries from Fasttech. They did take about 4 weeks to get here though as they went through Malaysia Post.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why bother w/ Fast Tech for batteries. Order from a trusted US vendor or buy from a local vape shop. Batteries aren't very expensive and I would prefer people not skimp on battery cost. Your safety is worth more than a couple dollars.
I know someone so poor he was saving up for a new battery. He used to give regular updates on gplus on it's progress pmsl seriously

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking I could pull apart some laptop batterys apart qnd use the 18650s out of them if I ever get a good vamo or something .
Thing is @James you don't know the health of those laptop batteries or how they've been previously treated

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I guess I would have to get a nitecor or other good name brand charger as well . There only 30$ and I have seen those crappy chargers that a lot of mods come with . Ewwww.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

1truk

Member For 4 Years
Yeah, my order was in april. Still no battery. It's almost aug!!! I bought more. Total waste of money.
I know it is frustrating as hell but keep the faith, they will come eventually. General rule of thumb when ordering Batteries from Non Domestic sources, especially China, is to only order when you do not need them right away and can forget about them. In other words, order, forget, and eventually they will arrive. Believe me I know how stupid that sounds but it works for me. If I'm in need for batteries where I can't/don't want to wait then I resign myself to pay more and purchase from one of our awesome domestic sources and will have them usually in a few days. If I want to save a few bucks and just want to increase my own stock, then I order from Fasttech and forget that I did for a while and eventually they will arrive and I'm good to go .. Again, I know this sounds like I've lost my mind but it works for me ... Note that this generally only pertains to Batteries. Just about anything else should arrive in a reasonable amount of time.

VU Sponsors