Become a Patron!

Fasttech thieves

Guyando115

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I hope this helps someone, a few hours after making a purchase at fasttech a $5500 flight to Dubai was charged to my credit card! Luckily the bank caught it, asked me about it then cancelled the card. I've bought from them before, they do deliver on time etc but if you have a problem of any kind they won't even respond to your mges. Do not use your cc when buying from them, they are fucking thieves! Good luck and happy Vaping!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps spyware kinda stuff in your computer?
More likely than FT stealing your CC info.

Been ordering from them for around 2.5 years with a CC and nary a glitch.
About 1 order per month.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just on my experience buy no 510 mod connectors from them.
And clones are pretty much a crapshoot and I would never buy a clone mod, just attys.

Guyando115

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hmm I bought a clone driptech ds that leaks like a sieve and the goon rda it came with is a piece of shit compared to my real goon. My last purchase, and it will be my last, was a genuine Cthulhu Squonk genius. Hasn't arrived yet so I'm hoping genuine. It's just too much of a risk buying from them. Support is nonexistent, I'm sticking to reputable companies only from now on. I'm happy to pay more for peace of mind.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hmm I bought a clone driptech ds that leaks like a sieve and the goon rda it came with is a piece of shit compared to my real goon. My last purchase, and it will be my last, was a genuine Cthulhu Squonk genius. Hasn't arrived yet so I'm hoping genuine. It's just too much of a risk buying from them. Support is nonexistent, I'm sticking to reputable companies only from now on. I'm happy to pay more for peace of mind.

Clones are a crapshoot - you may or may not get what you pay for when you are buying a knockoff. How you expect a $20 fake to perform and have the same quality as an authentic mod that costs over $125?

I've bought as much stuff if not more than Mr Cromwell and have never seen FT sell a clone as authentic and for an overseas vendor, they have better customer service than some domestic vendors

Guyando115

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I didn't expect it to be as good I just would have liked it if it had worked. The other person commented that she'd had good experiences with clone rdas whereas I said mine was not. I've sent more than a dozen emails on 2 separate occasions and never once got a reply. If I contact a US or Australian company i got a response immediately. I've also never used a US or Australian company and, then been mysteriously charged 5500 for a flight to Dubai. These are my experiences, I can't comment for other people.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are hackers on the world wide web that have no association with our vendors. And they're dangerous. In 2017 alone I had to replace my debit card four times, at least. And also had to cancel a PayPal debit card that I had only used twice the previous year, didn't even carry it with me, it stayed tucked away under my desk calendar. The two different occasions it had been used online was many months previous to the incident before it was used to purchase over $800 in airline tickets by a hacker. These idiots have nothing better to do than send out bots to steal random credit info. They sometimes use number generators, which randomly spit out numbers - a complicated process, as my bank explained it to me - and occasionally "get lucky" and hit pay dirt with one of our card numbers. It's a never ending, vicious cycle. As easy as it is to blame the last vendor we purchased from, it's usually not the case. Not that all of them are blameless but in reality it's very unlikely that a well known business is going to steal from you immediately after you purchase from them, it's just too obvious, for one, and eventually it would ruin them (and probably not take long at all).

POS systems are hacked all the time. It's only been a few years ago that Home Depot was hacked; for one day, every purchase made in-store via card swipes yielded $10 for the evil geniuses hacking their POS system. Just imagine how many card swipes that is for a company that large in the United States and how much money that amounts to in a single day.

Just this past year one of our flavor vendors, Wizard Labs, had their payment system hacked. It wasn't them personally stealing from everyone who used their online payment system, it was whatever entity invaded their system. They now accept PayPal as a means of payment, as do a few of our other vendors, which provides a little more security for their customers.

I'm not denying that some businesses inadvertently employ assholes who steal from innocent customers. Unfortunately that happens too. But in a case like yours where a pretty large amount was taken, I'd be much more inclined to believe this incident was a "hit and run" by a random internet stalker not even associated with Fasttech who does this for a living.

Guyando115

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I agree with everything you said, however the theft was attempted from China! The same province where ftech are located. I also agree it was most likely an employee in some way, not ftech.

Guyando115

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Plus there's only so much safety with today's banking. Besides, they got nothing. My bank alerted me to transaction taking place in China, whereas I'm in western Australia.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's getting to the point where there's no safety in banking, I agree. Mine takes every precaution against theft that they can, but there are evil people out there coming up with new methods all the time. I'm signed up for Visa purchase alerts, which sends me a text anytime my card is used to purchase anything over $1. That's how I've kept from losing any money on the last few attempts, didn't cost me a thing, but it's still an inconvenience waiting for a new card when anything happens. (Better than being wiped out though) And they also have a system that blocks card purchases from businesses I don't normally shop with or are unrelated to any previous activity on my part. It doesn't solve every problem, but it helps. There will always be thieves, people who would rather live on your hard earned dollar as earn their own, and that's a sad thing. It seems to me that getting a "normal job" would take so much less effort.

Guyando115

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Normal jobs probably aren't that easy to come by in 3rd world countries. Then again, if they're smart enough to hack then they're smart enough to get a real job. Laziness maybe? No conscience? Who knows. I certainly seemed to cause a shit storm by accusing ftech. Thing is, I was blaming ftech more for employing thieves than actually stealing themselves. Or Atleast meant to. And, it was only sposed to be a warning to newbies. I went too far cos I was still so pissed about it. Oops.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I hope this helps someone, a few hours after making a purchase at fasttech a $5500 flight to Dubai was charged to my credit card! Luckily the bank caught it, asked me about it then cancelled the card. I've bought from them before, they do deliver on time etc but if you have a problem of any kind they won't even respond to your mges. Do not use your cc when buying from them, they are fucking thieves! Good luck and happy Vaping!
Happened to me once also but for only a few dollars. I only use PayPal to purchase anything from them now.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I have needed to open a couple of tickets at FT over the several years I've used them and always received a response within 48 hours and they resolved the issue to my satisfaction each time. I doubt it was a FT employee that hacked your card, more likely an outside third party source.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chinese shopping may get much more problematic i the near future though as China has pretty much banned VPN use.
Harder to know what your party members are doing if they use VPN.
they might even be dissing the Communist Party.

FastTech; never had an issue with them. Ship pretty fast as far as I'm concerned and the couple of times I had an problem on an order they jumped right on it and fixed everything.

That said I prefer to order state side.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is all I ever think of when Fasttech is mentioned and with all the horror stories I read I doubt I would ever contemplate an order. Too many other Asian Vendors who have better reputations and I would never buy a clone because I was raised to know you get what you pay for.

waiting-on-fasttech.jpg

Guyando115

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I think with ftech it's hit and miss. Some people have had positive experiences, others not so much. Either way, I'm sticking to US, EU, and Aussie companies from now on. We all have a choice to spend where we want to.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fasttech, I've had great support from them, Clones a definite crap shoot for the old saying you get what you pay for.

As for the stolen CC, I have just one thing to say. Equifax hack, the Hacker's got everyone's entire life. People should have went to jail but like the HSBC drug laundering they're too big to be held accountable.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As for the stolen CC, I have just one thing to say. Equifax hack, the Hacker's got everyone's entire life. People should have went to jail but like the HSBC drug laundering they're too big to be held accountable.
^^^ BOOM! ^^^ Truth.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have a debit card that I load with the amount I need for the transaction if I am trying a new company for the first time.

So far, I have had great luck..

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
This could be anything not necessarily a FT thief. Your card could have been skimmed at a gas station or ATM. Paypal and Amex go to bat for you in a dispute.

The_Vapor_Logs

Member For 1 Year
I agree with everything you said, however the theft was attempted from China! The same province where ftech are located. I also agree it was most likely an employee in some way, not ftech.
If I was a hacker, and had your cc transaction records, I would make my 5500 dollar purchase via proxy from the area of your last purchase. easy smoke screen...

Guyando115

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all your input. I've decided to 1, never buy anything from China ever again because even if you do get what you've paid for, I've found their customer service to be non existent and therefore shit! Ive also heard same from fellow Vapers. I realise some of you have had good experiences but I have not. And 2, to never buy anything from China ever again! I don't believe in coincidences. I get any stolen $ back from my bank, it's just the principal and inconvenience. I hope my experience helps someone, but it's your money. Spend it as you want. Good luck.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I placed a 200 order with them. I used my debit card and they wanted me to send photos of my id and my card. I told them I was not comfortable doing it. They said OK. They told me to place the order again and use pay pal. So, I did. I was told that the money would be back in my account within 72 hours. It never showed up. They never returned my money and there was nothing the bank could do. So I ended up paying 400 for 200 worth of stuff. I never used them again. They will rip you off if they can.

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They never returned my money and there was nothing the bank could do.

What bank refuses to charge-back money for goods you did not receive?

Sounds like there is much more to this story -

Few people that will just say fuck it and let anyone or anything just rip them off for $200:crazy:

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What bank refuses to charge-back money for goods you did not receive?

Sounds like there is much more to this story -

Few people that will just say fuck it and let anyone or anything just rip them off for $200:crazy:
The money was taken out and there was no record. I fought with fasstech and the bank for almost a month. It was a Fucked up situation. Basically the money came out of the bank and the bank could not trace where it went and fasttech said they never got the payment that they admitted to receiving in the first email that they sent. I got screwed. If you want to think it is bull shit go ahead, but I can assure you it happened. That is why I do not order from China anymore. I don't want to risk getting Fucked again.

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk

Guyando115

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
You should surely have some sort of protection from the bank but I dunno, I do know they charged a mate of mine for products and they never arrived. They blatantly lied saying they'd arrived in Australia but our postal system had no record of this so they then said something else and so on until he finally gave up. It was only $30 but it's another example, to me at least, why not to use fasttech. Saying that, another friend bought something and was perfectly happy with the outcome. Hit and miss people.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Orders with FT around $20 or $50 dollars for years now. I had a couple "WTF?!?" and got credited after "proving" shit was deadly-broken. (Their 'credits' are a clusterfuck - try claiming them ASAP, because they are not only a pain to 'apply', they also "time out" - and I've got about $50-60 I was never able to get into play gone Beyond The Wall)

No, it's their SHIPPING that absolutely blows necrotic, maggot-ridden goats. I even paid for the "next level up" from FREE this last time, and tracking stopped working a week ago
NOTE TO FT: "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment, We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece." is a bullshit notice ala' 17Track; and "Pre-Shipment" for a week-plus from USPS is just as useless. (Hint: we want to know the last DTG and location of the frigging package - and the days of Windjammers are long gone). [Yes, I am aware that vendors are not shipping concerns]​

Guyando115

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
You've made an excellent point, their shipping is shithouse! Having said that, I ordered something a while back and the tracking worked and it even came on time! To top it off, I got exactly what I paid for. Amazing! My friend, who lives 10min away, ordered the exact same thing 2 weeks after me and had a nightmare experience. Took a long time but he did get his $ back. The main problem seems to be that sometimes everything works out fine and sometimes it's the exact opposite. All you can do is learn from your mistakes. Oh well....

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the one consistency is: "the shipping and tracking sucks" - I dunno anyone that has paid for DHL or FedEx, but given the prices??? Who the hell would?

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
sorry duplicated post - deleted the text
seems like both posts god nuked, both duplicate and original

I dunno wot happened - some glitch in the browser?

if you got my recent post via email notification, can someone please copy/paste and PM me the text so that I may repost it...pretty please! THANKS

I am very sad now.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is something with the browser. You can post and POST, then see 2 posts.. and literally delete one, and then the both are gone - it's weird.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
There is something with the browser. You can post and POST, then see 2 posts.. and literally delete one, and then the both are gone - it's weird.
Seems like that is exactly what happened.

Sometimes when typing here there is a delay before the letters show in the box, but I do not have this problem on other forums, so there must be something hinky going on there as well...

VU Sponsors