Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks great post ,I did not know they sold this stuff . I only bought once from them almost a year ago .

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks great post ,I did not know they sold this stuff . I only bought once from them almost a year ago .
Idk if you're being serious lol. However I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. On their page up top left there's a Categories link

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do alot of my flashlight stuff from Fasttech as well

The SH98 is a generic but decent zoomie (a zoomie is a light you can go from flood (big round beam for in close) to zoom for throw (pencil sharp beam for getting out a hundred yards or so)...only problem, it's a jack of all trades master of none)

They have pretty good portable power units too

vaping is what got me into flashlights in the first place :D

P.S. I am also a driver designer/modder at a light forum as well...I make the little circuit boards that make a bright light into a daggum barn burner...2x to 3x as bright
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/jRpEIU7P

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Idk if you're being serious lol. However I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. On their page up top left there's a Categories link
No dude , telling the truth , no joke . I'm not like that Really great post thanks . bought once from them, took forever to get it that's all . but its all good .

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ohh yes!! Really high mAh and cheap as it gets
Still gotta be careful with that...Chinese mAh and lumen ratings are WAY overstated...good thing about FT...they actually TEST them and tell you the true specs...usually much lower than "claimed"

P.S. coupon code for anything flashlight related at FT.... "BLF" gets you automatic 5% discount

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No dude , telling the truth , no joke . I'm not like that Really great post thanks . bought once from them, took forever to get it that's all . but its all good .
Oh ok. Well it's a pity it's takes a while to reach the US. This year fasttech orders have been arriving here in the UK pretty fast (mostly). But it's worth the wait. But if you do a large order e.g. a tablet pc, phone, bunch of mods and stuff, it's still works out cheap with express shipping

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The SH98 is a generic but decent zoomie (a zoomie is a light you can go from flood (big round beam for in close) to zoom for throw (pencil sharp beam for getting out a hundred yards or so)...only problem, it's a jack of all trades master of none)

Nice! I picked up one of these a few months back: TANK007 E09 AAA Flashlight. So far it's proving to be a pretty damned good EDC / pocket light.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey [user]jack [/user] It was a bit late for me last night but I wanted to link you to a thread joe wrote on Friday. Here's part of it
Something I bet you didn't know. Ecig related products count for just over 10% of their overall sales.
They do far more in electronics such as tablets, cellphones, and cables.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered my friend a flashlight and two 18650's. It still hasn't arrived and I ordered on May 17. They claim it went by Malaysian post and they sent it by surface instead of air mail. They are giving out partial credits for the delay, but I really want my stuff!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered my friend a flashlight and two 18650's. It still hasn't arrived and I ordered on May 17. They claim it went by Malaysian post and they sent it by surface instead of air mail. They are giving out partial credits for the delay, but I really want my stuff!
That's crazy! It must be being shipped with batteries in it then?

Edit: oh yeah. Sorry. Just re read you post :/

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice! I picked up one of these a few months back: TANK007 E09 AAA Flashlight. So far it's proving to be a pretty damned good EDC / pocket light.
Yup...the Darkvim is a darn good one too...single mode however, but running an XP-G in it...a decent more amount of light than a maglite solitare for sure (runs a little brighter than the TANK007)!

I have the TANK007 E09 on my wifes keychaing and the Darkvim on mine...but my EDC is a Convoy S5 in my right pocket, and a Sipik SK68 in my left (nostalgic on the Sipik...it was my first "cree" flashlight)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
http://www.fasttech.com/products/2111/10005455/1433101-battery-power-3-color-led-writing-board-w

1433101-1.jpg

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

There may be hope, @EthelMaltol. I ordered 26650s and some random stuff a little after your order, and it disappeared off radar. They were cracking down on battery shipping again. Patience paid off though, because I guess they finally released the parcel and it showed up here on Monday (four days ago). Hopefully yours will too. Unfortunately that delayed a lot of orders containing batteries.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Almost tempts me to upgrade... always knew we were getting shafted on the heads! OTOH, they've got what I've been using for less than $4 for 5, so maybe I'll just buy them instead: https://www.fasttech.com/products/2220/10000476/1051500 Interesting that the blades are thinner... I wonder how that affects the shave?

Anyway, thanks Nut!

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There may be hope, @EthelMaltol. I ordered 26650s and some random stuff a little after your order, and it disappeared off radar. They were cracking down on battery shipping again. Patience paid off though, because I guess they finally released the parcel and it showed up here on Monday (four days ago). Hopefully yours will too. Unfortunately that delayed a lot of orders containing batteries.
I sure hope so! This flashlight is desperately needed. The thing that bothers me most is that their story keeps changing. Other than this, I've never had any problems with them. In fact, I just got an order in the other day, one that was placed WAY later! :(

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What they told me @EthelMaltol is that when they open an inquiry with the postal service they need two months to resolve it. I was less than happy about that answer, but I can kind of understand where they're coming from. They can't afford to reship an order and have it turn up twice. Which is what would have happened if they'd done what I wanted. Sadly, they're as much a victim of the ridiculous inspections and crackdowns as we are. As long as they get the stuff out the door in a timely fashion, they've done their job. I appreciate that they actually put halts on shipping of certain items when they know it's likely to be an issue-- saves both parties the hassle. I'll keep my fingers crossed that yours shows up soon like mine did.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@TygerTyger, I did ask them to open an inquiry but they won't. They said Malaysia Post took a lot of their packages and shipped by surface rather than air. Surface is supposed to take two months and it is nearing three now. As a lot of people were effected, they are issuing future credits. I had a feeling that I should not be ordering a flashlight at the same time as my batteries. Also, when I try to track the package, nothing shows up. I'm not the only one going through this, unfortunately.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
45 days open a ticket and get a refund

batteries are a squiffy thing...this is why you split up shipments...batteries in one (cross your fingers) everything else no considered contraband in the other (you should get it quickly)

sorry the great black hole of Chinese shipping got ya..sux

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Mine arrived today, along with some scales: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1373101

If it's under 6 inches and/or under 100g, it's getting measured, lol. Calipers are good, no skipping, and the scales seem pretty good too, although I don't have a calibration weight.

Also got a 15x magnifier keychain: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1446904

1446904-2.jpg

Certainly up to the job of examining coils and so on, feels quite robust.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Almost tempts me to upgrade... always knew we were getting shafted on the heads! OTOH, they've got what I've been using for less than $4 for 5, so maybe I'll just buy them instead: https://www.fasttech.com/products/2220/10000476/1051500 Interesting that the blades are thinner... I wonder how that affects the shave?

Anyway, thanks Nut!

I read somewhere the thinner blades are made for Asian folks in general due to the fine beard/hair. The place I read that warned that if you have a medium to heavy beard/hair ( America's and European) to not buy these as they will not hold up.

Just what I read somewhere, dont know if its true

I might try them for the helll of it.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't get notifications for my own post!?

I read somewhere the thinner blades are made for Asian folks in general due to the fine beard/hair. The place I read that warned that if you have a medium to heavy beard/hair ( America's and European) to not buy these as they will not hold up.

Just what I read somewhere, dont know if its true

I might try them for the helll of it.
That what it says on the actual fasttech item's page. But I can't see it being a problem if you shave everyday? We're not 'that' hairy are we? lol

@Hermit good to see you got your calipers. Didn't take long. They're really like a multi tool. I see you couldn't help being tempted to pick up some toys as well :D

Btw, I thought flashlights would get shipped with a battery in them and thus would have problems with shipping

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Actually, all of the blades they sell seem to get rather mixed reviews! So yeah, I dunno if any of them will be as good, but it's worth a shot.

@Hermit good to see you got your calipers. Didn't take long. They're really like a multi tool. I see you couldn't help being tempted to pick up some toys as well :D

Ordered 30th July, shipped on the 1st, arrived today... not too bad I guess.

Of course, always add some cheap tat for the hell of it - last time round I got some charger modules and some voltage displays, still haven't done anything with them :D

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't get those...very minimal focus lenght..I have a pair...not worth it

I use the one I got off amazon (flip down visor type) for doing SMD surface soldering with a hot air reflow gun
Yes that's the kind I used. You get a selection of different magnification lenses to slot in too

plinsday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got a decent sim card cloner for like 5 bucks idk the link since I'm on my slow ass phone but it worked

Tapatalk: Samsung Note III

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a decent sim card cloner for like 5 bucks idk the link since I'm on my slow ass phone but it worked

Post link when you find it. I use Apple. I don't think anything actually gets stored on the sim with iPhones

plinsday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh I beg to differ. Take your sim card out and try to call someone. You can clone the Sim and put the clone in another phone. All calls will bring on both phones and texts go to both as well. I used it not to spy lol, but because I got one nice phone for home or whatever, and one work phone. Saves a bill

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I beg to differ. Take your sim card out and try to call someone. You can clone the Sim and put the clone in another phone. All calls will bring on both phones and texts go to both as well. I used it not to spy lol, but because I got one nice phone for home or whatever, and one work phone. Saves a bill

Really? It doesn't say it clones. Just says it'll back up your sim (well it says sim reader). But I'll still buy one when they're not temporarily sold out

plinsday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You have to have the right programs to do it. Its not really something they condone. Woron scan I think is what I used. Then you need blank sim cards too

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You have to have the right programs to do it. Its not really something they condone. Woron scan I think is what I used. Then you need blank sim cards too Tapatalk: Samsung Note III
Most interesting...I have a few extra phones now (just upgraded from Samsung Exhibit 4G to Samsung Avant's) would be cool to be able to clone and have emergency phone for kids at home ( I believe even w/o a sim card they can emergency call 911 (if they need it)

They use text free app on wifi now

VU Sponsors