Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I decided to try and make a mod.

I ordered some v4 510 connections from fat daddy vapes.

I can unscrew the brass positive "assembly" from the insulator.

How do i get the positive pin out from it so i can solder to it?

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I decided to try and make a mod.

I ordered some v4 510 connections from fat daddy vapes.

I can unscrew the brass positive "assembly" from the insulator.

How do i get the positive pin out from it so i can solder to it?

I haven't used the v4, but a lot of v3s. Yes, you can disassemble the "core" for soldering. That's a must of course.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am just unclear how to disassemble the core on the v4

mine looks close to this

fat-daddy-510-v4-bottom-feeder-core-201x201.jpg

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you think I would have any issues with the spring on the inside?

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Panther1911 How did this work and how are you liking the v4?

i honestly have not tried yet, when i got it in my head, i was in "go-go-go" mode and was trying to find stuff that weekend, but when i had to break down and order most if it online and wait for it, i started putting all the stuff that come in into a box, and once it all came in, i kinda lost motivation to work on it, plus the fact that its been mostly to cold to work in the garage here. now that its warming up, i may get some more motivation

i honestly have not tried yet, when i got it in my head, i was in "go-go-go" mode and was trying to find stuff that weekend, but when i had to break down and order most if it online and wait for it, i started putting all the stuff that come in into a box, and once it all came in, i kinda lost motivation to work on it, plus the fact that its been mostly to cold to work in the garage here. now that its warming up, i may get some more motivation

I'm trying this now on the IPV3. Threads went wonky so drilled out the old 510 and trying this FDV 510 v4. I'll post once I have completed.

I took off the o-ring and used a small torch. Worked perfect for the soldering but when I put it together and tested the spring of the pin, the bottom portion of the pin popped off. Its a compression fitting so the heat loosened it and there is no way to reattach unless using an epoxy but given the small surface area that cap grabs on too I can't see it lasting. Lesson learned, DO NOT use a torch on the v4 FVD pin for soldering. Ordering a replacement and will use a soldering iron on next attempt.

VU Sponsors