Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
My new favorite coil for both clouds and flavor... Parallel Clapton Coil on a Zenith V2

Someone got a coil jig. Seriously that's a cool looking coil. Nice work.
Thanks, I'm kicking the tires on a KF 3.1 right now. It's working rather well with a 1.3 ohm 7 wrap 28g coil. However, I plan on taking it down a notch or two to see if the wicking will keep up. Has anybody here tried 22g on a KF?

You're going to be in for quite a surprise going from 1.3ohm to whatever you pull off with 22g. I'm not even sure with the stock setup if you can get 22g under those screws safely and position the coil so it doesn't touch. Also the Kayfun is not that airy at all, its a nice mix of tight and airy to provide solid flavor and a satisfying throat hit at higher resistances. Putting a .1 -> .2ohm (I don't think there is any way you could wrap it higher in there) on a Kayfun sounds like it would be so incredibly uncomfortable. Never hurts to try if you're curious, but please test fire that thing a ton before you close it up.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You also have to worry about melting the insulator if you're running a kayfun at lower ohms. I had to scrape the one out of my Russian like burnt cheese on a skillet because the previous owner kept it around 0.3.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

You're going to be in for quite a surprise going from 1.3ohm to whatever you pull off with 22g. I'm not even sure with the stock setup if you can get 22g under those screws safely and position the coil so it doesn't touch. Also the Kayfun is not that airy at all, its a nice mix of tight and airy to provide solid flavor and a satisfying throat hit at higher resistances. Putting a .1 -> .2ohm (I don't think there is any way you could wrap it higher in there) on a Kayfun sounds like it would be so incredibly uncomfortable. Never hurts to try if you're curious, but please test fire that thing a ton before you close it up.
Did it, and started a thread to prove it! Link:

http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/22g-vert-coil-on-kayfun-3-1.3879/

I've been using it since, matter of fact.......sorry had to vape it! Now, I did have a little trouble getting the screws to hold, but I used a pair of hemostats to hold the leads in place while tightening down the screws so the wires would not pop out. I haven't had a problem with this issue, leads popping out, since I built it. I had to build a huge coil to get a respectable ohm rating for the device, 0.6 ohms. I can only screw the chimney down about 1/2 way before the bell (or flute?) bottoms out on the top of the coil. This, of course, allows for flooding since a large amount of the juice channels are exposed. I compensated with packing cotton tighter than I normally would to restrict the flow and counter act the flooding. So far, It's been over a week and no flooding or dry hits. It does not produce the amount of vapor that I would have expected, but the flavor is a 8-9/10! Also, as you can see in that thread, I wicked it like a carto. This allows for strait through airflow without restriction; keeping the coil cool and without melting insulator issues.

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I called in the Pros. Lighting Vapes, Temco. I was going to build a coil to vape into history! A cloud the world has never seen. The Hanna Clone died. I am Bummed. 98% VG w/12 drops of Voodo, @ 27watts. A cloud to make history. Now I am just making a clone of my own. This time with a used Harley battery. 12Volts. With a kick starter.
Oh vote for me as the maker of making things right. Complaint Department. If It don't work, I want to know. China can suck my balls, Mr. Harrison. (south park)

Knight Maric

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Thanks. Nope No coil Jig. Just a mini screwdriver set. Ive been coiling for 2 and a half years, so I know how to make pretty and function-able coils

Jonothon Forsgren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like my single coil. 15 wraps of 26awg wire. 1.5ohm at 7.7 volts. Very simple, very powerful, VERY flavorful.WIN_20140804_114705.JPG WIN_20140804_114832.JPG

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used to have a Cryptex RDA a while back. You can easily chain vape a .2-.3ohm build and maintain a surprisingly cool vape where most others would just be too hot to keep going with ;)

k49v1s.jpg
I love the pattern on your shark. Where did you get it???

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh and for coils, these two are probably the best I've made for cloud chasing. image.jpgDual parallel Gplat24, 0.07 ohms.

image.jpg Dual parallel tigers, or "Siamese tigers". 0.09 ohms.

skenzer

Member For 4 Years
For me, just starting out with the super low ohms, I've been doing dual 22gauge kanthal 8 wraps, 1.6mm ID at 1.70Ω
in a Mephisto on a 4nine mod. I'm always looking for new builds though.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I try to stick with dual coil 26ga 7 wraps on the biggest post of my coil jig.
It comes out to .5Ω to .6Ω.
Perfect for any 50 watt box mod (IPV2, OKR T/10, 60 watt Raptor, SX330, SX350, etc...)

StinkMutt57

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
(1) IMG_40511.jpg (2)
(3) (4)
26 g, 7 tight wraps, came out to around (0.43) Using a Copper Penny MOD with a IGO-W7.
And It looks good to with a little patina on it to.

Attachments

• IMG_81231.jpg
    IMG_81231.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_31441.jpg
    IMG_31441.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20741.jpg
    IMG_20741.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_71031.jpg
    IMG_71031.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 120

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These kids in Oklahoma have invented the Tesla SUBSUB OHM coil, it rates at -.zyx99 Ohms....

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Anything below .2Ωor .15Ω at the very lowest is an accident waiting to happen.

.2Ω is 21 amps at 4.2 volts and 88 watts which is well within the limits of the CONTINUOUS rating of a good battery.
Good being a Sony Vct4 or Vct5.
BUT
That same .2ohms is 21 amps at 4.2 volts and 88 watts in a 120 Watt Raptor Mod would only be pulling 1/2 from each battery 10.5 amps.
Even a grey panny or AW can be used safely in this type of application.

.07 ohms is 60 amps and 252 watts. There is NO battery made that can handle this amount of power safely.

The "pulse" argument is bullshit because if your button gets stuck down you are no longer pulsing you are going to have thermal runaway of your battery.

Like that ass at Vapeblast 2.0.

In my opinion:
If you throw down a Mod about to explode in the middle of a crowd and just run off if caught you should be brought up on charges for reckless endangerment.

I can build a .5Ω coil on a regulated 50 watt OKR or 120 watt raptor box and it will blow away ANYTHING I can wrap on any of my half dozen mechs.

There is just no comparison.

Therefore if you want to blow huge clouds do it right. Get a regulated box mod.
This is the reason they are banned from cloud comps.
A Regulated Box Mod would be a HUGE an unfair advantage to a Mechanical Mod.

Cloud Competition = Mod Voltage Drop & Lung Capacity Competition (with about 5% technique thrown into the mix)

PLEASE Vape safely so the smokers that are looking to quit behind us aren't afraid of blowing their hands and faces off.

Last edited:

StinkMutt57

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

.2Ω is 21 amps at 4.2 volts and 88 watts which is well within the limits of the CONTINUOUS rating of a good battery.
BUT
That same .2ohms is 21 amps at 4.2 volts and 88 watts in a 120 Watt Raptor Mod would only be pulling 1/2 from each battery 10.5 amps.

.07 ohms is 60 amps ans 252 watts. There is NO battery made that can handle this amount of power safely.

The "pulse" argument is bullshit because if your button gets stuck down you are no longer pulsing you are pipe bombing.

Like that ass at Vapeblast 2.0.

In my opinion:
If you throw down a Mod about to explode in the middle of a crowd and just run off if caught you should be brought up on charges for reckless endangerment.

I can build a .5Ω coil on a regulated 50 watt OKR or 120 watt raptor box and it will blow away ANYTHING I can wrap on any of my half dozen mechs.

There is just no comparison.

Therefore if you want to blow huge clouds do it right. Get a regulated box mod.
This is the reason they are banned from cloud comps.
A Regulated Box Mod would be a HUGE an unfair advantage to a Mechanical Mod.

Cloud Competition = Mod Voltage Drop & Lung Capacity Competition (with about 5% technique thrown into the mix)

PLEASE Vape safely so the smokers that are looking to quit behind us aren't afraid or blowing their hands and faces off.
YES, YES, YES!!! Someone that says every thing that needs to be said in a way that the ones that are looking to do this have a safe starting point to work from. NICE!

SkyLine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
24 GA Dual Parallels (4 wraps so 8 wraps total for 1 coil) With royal wire.I wrap it pretty micro so its about .09 Ohms. I use VAmped cells now but I used this build alot on VTC3s, never had any issues.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
24 GA Dual Parallels (4 wraps so 8 wraps total for 1 coil) With royal wire.I wrap it pretty micro so its about .09 Ohms. I use VAmped cells now but I used this build alot on VTC3s, never had any issues.
What kind of mod and atty are you using?

SkyLine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What kind of mod and atty are you using?
Authentic Signum 26650 or Viggo 18650 and Authentic Patriot/ Tobeco 26650 Tobh. Not my all day vape, Im not that reckless, but it sells mods and does well at comps.

audio-neon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

BUT

.07 ohms is 60 amps and 252 watts. There is NO battery made that can handle this amount of power safely.

The "pulse" argument is bullshit because if your button gets stuck down you are no longer pulsing you are going to have thermal runaway of your battery.

This is assuming that there is no impedance rise. As with anything electrical, increase in temperature increases resistance. So even though you start out with a .07 ohm coil, by the time it is producing vapor, the resistance should have already increased considerably, and the draw on the battery will have been reduced by the new resistance.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This is assuming that there is no impedance rise. As with anything electrical, increase in temperature increases resistance. So even though you start out with a .07 ohm coil, by the time it is producing vapor, the resistance should have already increased considerably, and the draw on the battery will have been reduced by the new resistance.
So what do you think it would change to? .09? Still if the button gets stuck down you will be well over the continuous rating of every battery made.
Why push it when you can get better vapor production on a regulated raptor box at .4 ohms?

If you have tried one of these 50 watt 10 amp OKR/T10, 120 watt 20 amp Raptor dual 18650 boxes you would never pick up another mech again. I use my mechs for pulsing new coil builds for the regulated boxes then they go back on the rack.

audio-neon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Honestly I dont have the mathematical fortitude to even attempt to figure it out. I have a rough answer in my next post.

To answer why i dont use a regulated box mod; personally I dont have a lot of money to spend on a hobby, nor do I build below .2.

Last edited:

audio-neon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Although from data sheets and research papers I have been able to gather that at about 300 degrees F Kanthal only has an impedance rise is between 1 and 3%. So much less than I had presumed.

At the end of the day, vapers should be able to build to their liking, but we all need to stress safe practices and realistic expectations.

audio-neon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So what do you think it would change to? .09? Still if the button gets stuck down you will be well over the continuous rating of every battery made.
Why push it when you can get better vapor production on a regulated raptor box at .4 ohms?

If you have tried one of these 50 watt 10 amp OKR/T10, 120 watt 20 amp Raptor dual 18650 boxes you would never pick up another mech again. I use my mechs for pulsing new coil builds for the regulated boxes then they go back on the rack.
For the local cloud chasing comps, mech mods are all that are allowed. .2 ohm is the lowest build allowed, and three separate employees check every mod for basic safety requirements.

I'd love a vaporshark rdna or similar for a more consistent daily set up.

My 2 fav builds for chuckin clouds are dual-triple twisted 26g kanthal wrapped around a 1/16" 6x bringing it to ~0.1 ohms.
c2a3d88bd70720abf9eb7e55d074159a.jpg
in my copper 4nine clone/copper tobh clone +copper positive post.
1ba7ef45d1bab05186785d95e58b174d.jpg

Then theres a while back i did a dual-triple twisted 26g kanthal "nano dragon" wrapped 7x around a 20g needle which came out to .08 ohms.
a9a9dcaa90da7df1ea09936c4d7c29f1.jpg
e5017a129599f1e2a2e449dc00e58435.jpg
in my sentinel m16/tobh clone.

I love that triple twisted 26g, best setup I've come upon so far.

I use 30 gauge kanthal 8/9 wrap on the largest post for the q vapes coiler. Runs about 2.6 ohms on the igo-w4 with the JB Steamworks Cap. Wicked with organic japanese cotton. Run about 23 watts on the Hana. It chucks the vapor.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
24g Gplat micros FTW. What is more important than wire or coils, is the airflow under the cap. If you dont have unrestricted vortex style airflow, the coils cant breathe and the plot is lost.

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
24g dual parallel 5/6 wrapped around 3mm diameter driver. Tight wraps, 0.2ohm on the dot in my Infinite CLT on the copper Cartel clone. Great vapor production with excellent flavor and very minimal residual heat to the mod and/or atty. I use either an efest 35A or an imren 37A 18650.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
20140911_233523.jpg 20140911_233540.jpg This is what I have been using. These Mutation X attys are perfect for the vortex style airflow mentioned above. Authentic Cloud chasing atty for $25.00 = a no brainer

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
5-wrap in the Mutation X;
photo 1 (3).JPG
4-wrap in the Competition Doge;
photo 2 (3).JPG
Both 20g Kanthal A1 around a 3/32nds bit, not so much surface area, but the ramp up time is non-existent! I'll probably get more out of the surface area parallel-builds provide when I have a regulated or unregulated box to mess with.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I ended up buying 2 Mutation X attys (1 Stainless & 1 Gold). 1 for each box.
I have 2 flavors that i really like from Juice Mafias cloud collection line so I use one mod for each of the 2.

20140920_111052.jpg

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I ended up buying 2 Mutation X attys
The atty so nice, I bought it twice. I've got two SS MXs myself, it's just such a joy to build on, and the versatility it provides is awesome.
I see some people complain about the flavor of the atomizer, I figure they are just running too much airflow for their build. I run mine with the top three holes closed for a total of 12 open, sometimes I'll even open the next two halfway to make up roughly 14 open. I still haven't built something with enough surface area or heat to warrant running all 18 holes open at the same time.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I had the same problem with muted flavor but since I build a little on the higher end of sub ohming (.35 to .5) to stay well within the limits of my 120 watt 20 amp raptor chips all I did was close off the last 3 holes on each side and it improved the overall experience.
A little bit less clouds but more flavor.
It evened it out nicely.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
0.14 Dual Dragon setup with 22 Kanthal in a Zenith V2 plus a lot of cotton to keep those coils wet, on my Hades Copper clone

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
0.14 Dual Dragon setup with 22 Kanthal in a Zenith V2 plus a lot of cotton to keep those coils wet, on my Hades Copper clone
Sounds like one of my setups. I loved the Zenith.....then I decided to bin the airflow adjustment ring.......now I REALLY LOVE IT.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What is your favorite coil and setup for producing your biggest clouds?

For me, I'm doing quite well with dual 22awg NiChrome macro coils around .2-.3ohm in a Tugboat and 24awg in my Stillare but I'm interested to hear others' experiences. My only problem is that the entire RDA heats up and retains the heat too much to chain vape on it.
I do not choud chase but I just did a quad 26g wrapped in my new Igo-w6 and I made a cloud chaser this thing is a freaking monster at its hovering around .4 ohms

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I do not choud chase but I just did a quad 26g wrapped in my new Igo-w6 and I made a cloud chaser this thing is a freaking monster at its hovering around .4 ohms

I know what you mean. I don't really cloud chase either but with these 120 watt Raptor boxes it's kind of hard not to.:eek:

Last edited:

mcCloud101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone.. first post... glad to be apart of this community!

I have a question... I just started vaping last week--Today I went to the vape shop and purchased my second mod off them specifically to chase clouds...

My first mod is an Akuma mod with a Plume Veil dual coil 22g kanthal 4/5 wrap at .27ohm running an 18650 2100mah battery. Built her myself! Boy does this thing blow clouds while still maintaining a nice flavor and not sucking the juice out too quickly! It's my favorite so far.

So back to the second mod I purchased today at the shop... The owner did the build for me in 15 mins.. building a quad coil seemed a bit intimidating to me at first so I thought it would be worth it to see him build it so I can get an idea..

Its a 2SIX mod with a Stillare quad coil 26g kanthal 5 wrap at .21ohm running a 26650 3500mah battery. I cant seem to get a cloud bigger than the Akuma even if I draw it significantly harder than the Akuma. Not what I expected... Kinda disappointed, really. The vape is also pretty warm on the verge of being hot... I'm using some Suicide Bunny Mothers Milk 50/50 juice (0mg nicotine for the clouds and 6mg for my fix pulls)

Must be something wrong huh

I ordered some G Plat red edition 22g and some Royal Wire 24g to try out when I need to rebuild.

I'm stumped as to why this 2SIX isnt pulling massive clouds. The store owner is somewhat of a d bag in some respects and I felt rushed out of there... I paid for the 4 coil build--which is to be expected. I would just prefer to not go there anymore and order all my shiz online due to his snooty attitude-- Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
26650 mods have more deck space and I think it may cause less vapor production. For instance the 18650 Tobh is considered a decent atty for clouds but the 26650 version not as much.
Also are you sure the quad coil is only coming in at .21ohms?
If you know the diameter of the coils you can enter the info here and get an idea:

http://coiltoy.ermeso.com/

mcCloud101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I should go with a dual coil. Talk about buyers remorse... wonder why he would offer me the 22650 mod knowing about that deck space... Honestly, its the only vape shop in town right now. A couple more are opening up due to the boom on the market. My best guess he was just focused on selling a noob like me another unit ($_$) go figure lol

Not too sure about the diameter of the coils, but he used the mid sized post that came with my rebuild kit thingy

I have an ohm reader so i'll throw her on there and check the readings again.

I'll get back to you once I find out the specifics

Thanks for the prompt response!

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You have a coil jig then?
It is a metal or wooden thing that you stick a metal post in then hook the wire on and wrap it around the post.
It makes it nice and neat.

mcCloud101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup thats what its called... made my coils nice and flush. looking pretty clean, no overlapping or gaps. I like it

All I need are some ceramic tweezers to compress-- needlenose pliers are doing the job for now, no issues

lol I made it sound like i've built a shiz load... only one haha

I'm using Japanese organic cotton if that matters

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I just got a set of ceramic tweezers today. That way I can squeeze then together as I am pulsing it because I was using regular metal ones but I could only squeeze the coil together after or before firing them.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The stillare has the 2 air slots. how is the quad coil set up?

mcCloud101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got a set of ceramic tweezers today. That way I can squeeze then together as I am pulsing it because I was using regular metal ones but I could only squeeze the coil together after or before firing them.

Yeah, i've noticed that on mine too.. gotta be quick with the compression right after firing.. ceramic would make it that much easier

The stillare has the 2 air slots. how is the quad coil set up?

Hmm sounds like a dumb question, but what do you mean? Im gonna attempt to upload some pics from my phone.. gimme a sec

(I'm workin night shift in the boondocks with horrid cell reception so it'll struggle to upload, but i'll try)

Edit: downloading it for Tapatalk... crossing fingers... The web version doesnt have an upload button on my android

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The air slots. one above the word 'stillare' and the other above the serial number.
AKA: Adjustable air holes

mcCloud101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The air slots. one above the word 'stillare' and the other above the serial number.
AKA: Adjustable air holes
Oh yeah for sure... thats the one.. has two long slots on the locations mentioned above.. And they're wide open-- I was asking what you meant by your question on the quad coil setup

Still havent gotten to measure the diameter of the coils

mcCloud101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
5-wrap in the Mutation X;
View attachment 5981
4-wrap in the Competition Doge;
View attachment 5982
Both 20g Kanthal A1 around a 3/32nds bit, not so much surface area, but the ramp up time is non-existent! I'll probably get more out of the surface area parallel-builds provide when I have a regulated or unregulated box to mess with.
Damn!!! That 4 wrap blew a HUGE cloud bunny!

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I mean how is it set up?
if the posts are the 'A's and the coils are the ____
_______ ______
A______A_____A

like that?

mcCloud101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just to stay on topic here.... I'm enjoying the 22g on dual coil the best

I mean how is it set up?
if the posts are the 'A's and the coils are the ____
_______ ______
A______A_____A

like that?

Well, 5150sick....Tapatalk finally pulled through :)

2SIX quad coil w/ STILLARE RDA
uploadfromtaptalk1412070212445.jpguploadfromtaptalk1412070912953.jpguploadfromtaptalk1412071340105.jpg

And my Akuma with the Plume Veil RDA
uploadfromtaptalk1412071677038.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1412071713139.jpg<--Notice the battle scars.. dropped her already after only one week of ownership.. had to carefully reshape it (after looking at this photo closely I also gave the coil wire end coming through the left negative post a better upwards 90! :eek:)

Only thing that scares me is the lack of vent holes in the mods battery compartment.... Maybe I can drill some in...

The top of the 2SIX's STILLARE RDA gets pretty warm after a bit, but I pull the battery out right away and its not warm at all. Im assuming thats a good sign and the mod is doing its job of syncing the heat out..

Still want to drill some holes... Or get this mod next: http://www.grandvaporstation.com/me...mod-by-mcv/panzer-mod-by-mcv-phillipines.html

Got bit by the mod bug....HARD

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Oh, Vertical coils. Nice idea for the quad coil setup.
So it doesn't work out as well as it should when it comes to vapor production but it's putting out a little too much heat?
I'll keep that in mind about this atty/type of build in the future.

The setup is kind of hard to see on the Plume Veil/Akuma setup but it's a definite dual coil.

The vent holes in the batteries are there to make YOU feel safe but honestly unless there is 2 large or 4 small holes in the top AND bottom of every mod chances are they wouldn't help. When a battery reaches thermal runaway it swells up in the middle so if you had your vent holes in the bottom of the tube/switch (like about every mod made) the gas at the to top the battery wouldn't be able to escape.

Some older mods are better when it comes to venting.
But these newer ones are more about pleasing the eyes than safety.
Luckily our batteries are getting safer and safer as our mods are getting less so.
From ICR/Hybrid technology to higher amp ratings, these safer batteries make venting and catastrophic failure less likely.

VU Sponsors