Become a Patron!

Favorite coil for chasing clouds?

Ive found that twist coils work well for me. Personally. I use twisted 24g. Dual coils Wrapped 6/7 times. I like 80/20 mix but my crunch berry (cereal) flavor works well also. 70/30. Im using a hellboy rda but drilled tje vents for better airflow. Very nice clouds

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used to have a Cryptex RDA a while back. You can easily chain vape a .2-.3ohm build and maintain a surprisingly cool vape where most others would just be too hot to keep going with ;)

k49v1s.jpg

lol i thought is was a little single battery mod until i saw the coils compared to the RDA, i use my 30 mm Tobh all the time, my go to dripper when i dont want to constantly add juice. it holds like 3 mls in the cotton alone

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What is your favorite coil and setup for producing your biggest clouds?

For me, I'm doing quite well with dual 22awg NiChrome macro coils around .2-.3ohm in a Tugboat and 24awg in my Stillare but I'm interested to hear others' experiences. My only problem is that the entire RDA heats up and retains the heat too much to chain vape on it.
I don't know if my fingers can make coils and I dont use mech mods so i like to use the Smok V/W TC reg. box mod called Marshall G320 that I load with triple LG HB4s. The Sense Blazer 200 Subohm tank has a .2ohm sextuple certain type of flavorful vapor oriented kanthal. Its cheaper than most coils online and not a juice drinker. Its all Ive been using to cloyd out a condo in 2 puffs. But this is just for anybody curious which manufacturers coil is equal to the dripping my friends do. It also is compatible with the TFV8 COILS. Still its own coil os better than the deca coil (V8-T10). It's not impossible to chain vape and cloud chase consecutively. Great tank but no custom stuff is made for that tank. Rated for 100W-200W sweet spot. I do 174W and it's still impressive, im still impressed. More people will find it and discuss this tank setup soon but it's the top dog as of this day.

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if my fingers can make coils...It's not impossible to chain vape and cloud chase consecutively...I do 174W and it's still impressive, im still impressed.

IMG_1752a.jpg

If you want to get a rope around that hot wind, you need to stabilize strain. Tension winding down to 22/23 AWG is possible and yields a more consistent contact and internal geometry. This will result in better more uniform and cooler output. The cool part being you vaporized more effectively. You can hand wind with an almost perfect precision using a pin vise and opposing forearm pressure in the above gauges. Pulse firing then produces very even oxidation of the surface once you've locked in the coil symmetry. It's this that'll give you the most consistent output you've ever seen in your coils.

It's impressive that strain can help you get all the vapor production you need at higher density even winding for lower power or above .2Ω. That is truly impressive. More effective vaporization at lower watts, less amps and more manageable temperature.

Humor me, I've built a few. Description of method and tools here and elsewhere if you goog my handle. Glad to help all as I can.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors