Become a Patron!

FDA Comment period - Comment by August 8th

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Received the email from VU this morning urging action by all members. It is easy and my comments submitted are below. Please take action NOW.

Submitting
Submitting is very easy. Go to this page on regulations.gov and add your comment text to the main box. If you are uploading an attached file, click “choose files”.

You’ll need to select “Individual consumer” from the “category” dropdown, and enter your names. It’s up to you whether you want to submit your contact information, but make sure the “I’m submitting on behalf of a third party” is unchecked.

Next, click on “continue” and you’ll be taken to a preview page. The last step is to click “submit comment” and you’re all done.

Finally, CASAA would very much appreciate it if you would copy the comment number and email it to them at[email protected]

Then, go have a nice long vape, basking in the knowledge that you’ve just contributed to the future of vaping.

I started smoking at age 15 and am now 71. The simple math says that equates to 56 years, and probably 2 packs per day for at least the last 40.

My comments
My doctors obviously wanted me to quit smoking, and prescribed various methods and drugs, such as Chantix. Nothing worked for me and I continued using the stop smoking drugs and smoking.

In January of 2014, January 11th to be specific, I tried and electronic smoking device. And to my amazement, and that of my wife, family, and friends, I quit cigarettes. I have not smoked since that date in January. In addition, 3 of my 4 children smoke, and I now have 2 of them using a vape device. I am extremely pleased with our success.

Two weeks ago I had my annual checkup with my regular doctor, and of course he asked about my smoking. He was thrilled when I pulled out my vaporizer and announced that I had successfully stopped smoking in January. Just thrilled!

Numerous friends have noticed and asked about the vapor devices that I use and the flavors of the juice. At least 6 of them then purchased a similar device and juice and have quit cigarettes. Now that is success! And I am very proud of my success not only for myself but for others I have influenced.

I do not use the cigarette look a likes currently on the market. They are unsatisfactory from a performance point of view, batteries are too small, flavors are not good, and they remind me too much of all the years that I smoked cigarettes. It would be a disaster to me personally and to my family and friends if those were the only devices available.

I closing, I appreciate the efforts of the FDA to keep myself and my family safe from harmful products, drugs, and devices. But any restriction on the use of currently available devices, flavoring, and nicotine would well exceed being helpful and protective, and instead cause untold numbers of former smokers revert to their former unhealthy and nasty smoking habits.

Please do not be responsible for such a tragedy.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you dad, for spreading the word . I did more than once .

LadyBren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I have done all I can do, at least at this stage. (PLEASE, do your part!)
I guess we now, sit on the edge of our chairs (keyboards) and wait and hope all of
our efforts make a difference. I think it will, I have to stay positive because the
alternative is just to hard to comprehend.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Something very helpful when submitting your message to the FDA is to use the word E-Cigarette at the top so they know what you are writing about.

That website and form are specific to that issue, so comments will be associated regardless I believe.

Actually I tried to avoid, as best I could, use of E-Cigarette and smoking in regards to the use of vape devices. The association of vape with smoking is at the root of the problem IMO, with FDA and the being politically correct crowd.

VU Sponsors