Fda flavor ban

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We have to protect the kids! It's all for the kids! FFS believe it or not your kids aren't the most important thing in the world. Freedom is.
PREACH!! Seems issues like this stress a campaign for people to avoid raising their own children. It does NOT "take a village" to raise any child, it takes actual parents to take accountability for their own offspring, teach them right from wrong, and assure that they're liable for their own actions. But in today's society, where everyone is offended by which direction the wind blows, it's not gonna happen.
In my opinion, it's not flavoring they need to mandate, it's labeling of vaping products. Stop with the colorful, cartoonish pictures on juices. Plain black and white or "brown bag" labels with brief flavor descriptions are plenty enough for the adults who are intended to be consuming the products anyway.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
eb118a0646db06a6e928e557835bb113.jpg

Just saying...

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We have to protect the kids! It's all for the kids! FFS believe it or not your kids aren't the most important thing in the world. Freedom is.[/quote

I thought Facebook likes, and credit ratings were the most important?

I blame the schools. For just about everything. Remember, the children of today, are our future.

Unless we stop them now...

Canada is getting the same BS with the flavors.Total BS. Booze comes in tasty flavors, so do Nicorettes. (OMFG. Spellcheck knows Nicorettes) We need to burn a few politicians houses down. easy to find out when they won't be at home, just check their itinerary on Facebook. he he.[/quote]

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Underground Black Market for sweet and savory "ILLEGAL" flavored e-juice. Fan-tastic.

No, no it's gross.

Stock up, sit back and watch bullshit fly. - that's my game plan as of right now. If I get a "say," (read: vote) I'll do what I can, but otherwise I'm looking out for me. That sucks.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
shady_the_drug_dealer_by_tokkiko-d4xn9oh.jpg

Hey man.... You looking? I got some sweet sweet mango, just in. I got a friend who works in a liquor factory, and sometimes a few mils get spilled here and there......

Now this grape, is formulated from Kool Aid crystals......

I DIY too. I have found some amazing super concentrates at wholesale bakery supply shops, and soap making supply shops. I originally went to the soap shop because they had a killer price on USP glycerine, and found out that here at least, the scents in the soaps are certified food grade flavorings.

When favors are outlawed, only soapmak... Nah, doesn't quite work.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And most of the Major flavor manufacturers make no official claims about using their juice in vaping.
Now a retailer may....
And they may wind up being burned over it too.
Perhaps a change in the business model might be helpful, for the retailers this may affect.....:D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks for keeping me straight.
But still a bad move on their part to say they are for vaping. Makes their flavorings tobacco products and can only be sold by a licensed tobacco retailer per FDA rules and all flavors will require FDA PMTA process. And they also must also be registered as a tobacco product manufacturer.

All per the Deeming Regs, which as they are will pretty much kill legal vaping in the USA.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, so, easy fix. Put the word "NOT" before any instance of "For Vaping," should take all of an afternoon.

"Did I say this was for vaping? I meant this is NOT for Vaping. No Vaping this. That's what I meant. Whoopsie-Daisy."

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for keeping me straight.
But still a bad move on their part to say they are for vaping. Makes their flavorings tobacco products and can only be sold by a licensed tobacco retailer per FDA rules and all flavors will require FDA PMTA process. And they also must also be registered as a tobacco product manufacturer.

All per the Deeming Regs, which as they are will pretty much kill legal vaping in the USA.

They have been around for "almost" 5 yrs now.. and they have to follow not only the fda but NIOSH FEMA and a few other abc organizations.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They have been around for "almost" 5 yrs now.. and they have to follow not only the fda but NIOSH FEMA and a few other abc organizations.
Ahh but the GRAS, etc regulations are easy compared to the PMTA process.
GRAS is only for eating not inhaling.
And unless used in vaping, food flavorings are not subject to the FDA deeming regs.
By stating that they are for vaping....

the last time I checked only one product, SNUS? had survived the PMTA process.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ahh but the GRAS, etc regulations are easy compared to the PMTA process.
GRAS is only for eating not inhaling.
And unless used in vaping, food flavorings are not subject to the FDA deeming regs.
By stating that they are for vaping....

the last time I checked only one product, SNUS? had survived the PMTA process.

So ya think we will be vaping snus after 2022? Interesting.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So ya think we will be vaping snus after 2022? Interesting.

Nope. SNUS are not for vaping.
Those of us that stocked up on the vaping hardware will be DIY with flavorings and PG and VG that made no claims about being for vaping. Nicotine however will I expect become a problem to get.
Or vaping pathetic tobacco company cigalikes and such that could afford the PMTA process.
Or of course getting stuff on the vaping black market.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. SNUS are not for vaping.
Those of us that stocked up on the vaping hardware will be DIY with flavorings and PG and VG that made no claims about being for vaping. Nicotine however will I expect become a problem to get.
Or vaping pathetic tobacco company cigalikes and such that could afford the PMTA process.
Or of course getting stuff on the vaping black market.

It's all according to who you know, and who can go thru the pmta's.... ;)
but.. I will not be vaping standard flavorings meant for eating. Fact.

I do know there will only be a few companies left standing, both as manufacturers and retail.. production is yet another matter..
but sit back and watch. You will be able to tell the big men from the little boys..
vaping is changing.. but is it for the best?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ohh so no Capella flavorings or TFA, etc They are made for food and beverage flavoring.

I haven't mixed with those in years, hun... but you can have them all.. :)

Seems like to me you are only looking to pick with people. You must not enjoy your vaping life..
Learn to have some peace, accept what is, change what you can, and make some new friends.
Can't hurt!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
OK, but most use them if they buy commercial ejuice.

I do not use commercial juices, but yes, a lot of those are going to poof too.
It is what it is. The fda was handed vaping years ago, and they have already made a few mistakes, this next one for flavors..
I predict will be the biggest. Then will come nic and mods.

By the time 2022 comes around, everyone will be back down to buying 30's and using mtl devices you can not tamper with.
There will be ways to get around it.. there will be mod makers in the dark as well as juice makers.
However it defeats the purpose of the regs to buy black alley juices and mods.. will just have to see.

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
LOL history repeats its self... flavored cigarettes anyone? And the dumb thing is they are still out here.... It really starts to feel like regulations have less to do with safety of the public and more so with big business...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not use commercial juices, but yes, a lot of those are going to poof too.

Yep all store bought juice will go poof in the USA unless it was sold here before Feb 2007.
Not really sure there was any USA made juice here before then...
But if there was it was a very limited variety.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
[QUOTE="The Cromwell, post: 2094643, member: 40771]
But if there was it was a very limited variety.[/QUOTE]

If there is, I sure would like to buy that company. ;)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Yep all store bought juice will go poof in the USA unless it was sold here before Feb 2007.

There was not many.. most was in cartridge form. I think we will see that transfer into pods that are complete pamper proof.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[QUOTE="The Cromwell, post: 2094643, member: 40771]

If there is, I sure would like to buy that company. ;)[/QUOTE]
And if there was it was likely 80% PG :)

Per regs it would have to be exactly the same formula ejuice sold prior to Feb 2007.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ahh they were not as nasty as smoking to me.
Compared to what we have now they are pffft.

I had them from 2004-2008 from smoking everywhere.. that juice was disgusting..
the chargers would blow up, the cartos would leak, but there wasnt a way to change up the juice, the plastic tips would crack and break..
awww hell no!! :p

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
After 39 years of smoking, I am not the slightest damn bit worried about vaping flavors that were meant for food. Really?

I will stockpile what nic I can, and if it looks like "the end is near," then I'll taper down to nothing. I'll build my own coils and vape 0-nic juice, and go back to the doctor for the Adderall that makes my brain work.

It just pisses me off so bad that the damn government is involved in this. There is no tobacco in flavorings. That's a load of crap. And whoever the earlier poster was who said that this seems to be more about big business, well hon, you hit that nail square on its head. That's what ALL of this shit is about.

They will NOT force me back to cigalikes or cigarettes. I'll quit altogether first. I've done it before, and I can do it again.

ETA: Hey Jojo, I see it was you who made the comment about big business. You got it. Anyone who doubts the lengths to which tobacco industry execs will go to keep themselves flush and having fun should see the movie "The Insider," with Russell Crowe. Tobacco, lobbyists, Congress, the FDA, all of them holding hands and dancing, that is, until lately. We're cramping their style.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
here it comes: ""but they were omg sooo f**ng nasty!!!* <whines

Blue, I went off to the drug store the other day and left my mod at the house. My husband was with me, had Camel Blues in his pocket. I said, let me have a hit off one of those. He gave me one, lit it. I drew on it twice and then said:

"that is omg sooo f**ng nasty!!!" :giggle: :devil:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I also started with Blu. The only thing they did for me was get me looking for something better. Fast forward 4+ years and I'm tobacco free and happy. My wife is also happy which = happy life!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also started with Blu. The only thing they did for me was get me looking for something better. Fast forward 4+ years and I'm tobacco free and happy. My wife is also happy which = happy life!
My first were 808 cartomizers I could refill with whatever gas station or tobacco store juice...
Did find one gas station tobacco flavor that worked for me.
Not a bad Tobacco really, Claytons Tobacco.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first were 808 cartomizers I could refill with whatever gas station or tobacco store juice...
Did find one gas station tobacco flavor that worked for me.
Not a bad Tobacco really, Claytons Tobacco.
Heh, I went the other way - first Blu, then with the mindset of 'how can I reuse a Blu,' then to the "blank" cigalike cartos. I still have boxes and boxes of the standard and "mega" sized ones that are roughly the width of a Camel Wide, unused, in the box.

It was about a year ago or so, maybe more, that I decided to break one of those little guys out and give it a good ol' nostalgia whirl. They were a stepping stone for a reason. :/ haha

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heh, I went the other way - first Blu, then with the mindset of 'how can I reuse a Blu,' then to the "blank" cigalike cartos. I still have boxes and boxes of the standard and "mega" sized ones that are roughly the width of a Camel Wide, unused, in the box.

It was about a year ago or so, maybe more, that I decided to break one of those little guys out and give it a good ol' nostalgia whirl. They were a stepping stone for a reason. :/ haha
Gave away all my cigalike stuff more than 2 years ago to try and get a few people off of cigs.
Think I may have a couple of bridgeless atomizers around though.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At the time that I gave away all my cigalike stuff I had moved up to the bigtime vaping.
Ego's and Kanger T3S and Evods :D
I was an EVOD fanboi 4 lyfe - little guys were the bee's knees, I tells ya. Recommended them out so much, rebuilt those little kanger atomizers, oh my... that's a whooole world of stuff right there.

Some of my most fond memories of early vaping life was trying to re-coil those atomizers while Top Gear (the original) binge played on my TV on a lazy Saturday afternoon. That's good times right there.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was an EVOD fanboi 4 lyfe - little guys were the bee's knees, I tells ya. Recommended them out so much, rebuilt those little kanger atomizers, oh my... that's a whooole world of stuff right there.

Some of my most fond memories of early vaping life was trying to re-coil those atomizers while Top Gear (the original) binge played on my TV on a lazy Saturday afternoon. That's good times right there.
Yep recoiled them with Kanthal and cotton.
Also enlarged the wick slots a bit for more massive clouds :)

VU Sponsors