Become a Patron!

FDA Is Targeting E-Cigarette Retailers, But They’re Not Teens’ Primary E-Cigarette Source

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I suppose Gottlieb has to make a show of doing something. It will be ineffective, 'cause kids will find a way to get/do what they want, but it might placate some of his critics for while.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure that the only thing that will placate the thou-shalt-not crowd is if we all live in sterile closets and exist on kale and spring water, and don't forget the oxygen tanks so we can have some of that "clean air" they keep hollering about. I guess that's why antioxidants are such big sellers these days, all the puritans breathe only pure oxygen from tanks. :facepalm:

Andria

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I suppose Gottlieb has to make a show of doing something. It will be ineffective, 'cause kids will find a way to get/do what they want, but it might placate some of his critics for while.
It will be extremely highly effective because the easiest way for kids to still be able to get their stuff anyway (which, like you said they always will, as doing so represents a challenge to them that will only attract them even stronger than before) will be to visit the real criminals who hand over counterfeit vaping products along with dented batteries that have torn battery wraps as well as other, non-vaping related, far more dangerous items and substances to minors, and, as soon as they do, the easiest solution will be to turn the spotlight on the hard consequence and blame that on the entire vaping industry, for reasons that are plenty obvious.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
When I lived in Baltimore (I was last there in 2009) there was no extra penalty if a drug dealer got caught selling drugs to a mother, grandmother, child, teen, 9 month pregnant woman, etc....

It's the same charge: Possession w/ intent to distribute.

You would imagine if these asshole senators were trying to "save the children" there would be additional charges for selling drugs to minors.
Just more proof that they could give a fuck less about the children.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If they are so worried about children they should make abortions more difficult to get. I see people over 60 getting carded for cigarettes so I highly doubt under age people are going to buy ecigs from stores. This is just another fake survey/poll

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you make the abortions mandatory, we don't have the "save the children" scapegoat anymore ;-)

VU Sponsors