Become a Patron!

FDA REGULATING FLAVORS??!

randallpiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
To me, this is pretty simple;
Banning flavors, of any kind, is sure going to put a lot of other people (like bakers, duh) out of business.
These are food grade flavors.
It's just not happening.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This has been brewing for quite some time - while we need to fight it, its more motivation for vapers to DIY as much as possible because flavoring will always be available while buying candy or dessert flavored pre-mixed eliquid, maybe not

randallpiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
100 mg nicotine stored in the fridge. That's what I make sure I have decades worth of. I know it supposedly degrades over time, but the only thing that could degrade is the nicotine... it's 100mg, 20 years from now, as long as it doesn't get in the light or heat, I'm willing to bet it's still 80mg+.
That's my story, & I'm sticking to it.
I'm 46, I've got, give or take, enough on hand until well into my 60's.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This has been brewing for quite some time - while we need to fight it, its more motivation for vapers to DIY as much as possible because flavoring will always be available while buying candy or dessert flavored pre-mixed eliquid, maybe not

Yup, I agree Lucy. Heck, we can also make our own flavorings easy enough from scratch if it comes to that, though I really try to stay away from organic flavorings.

It's the people who would have switched from smoking in the future this will hit hardest because it makes it harder to get into vaping. Let's hope common sense prevails and this doesn't happen.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If the Looniest of the Tobacco Control loons (Glantz is in his mid 70'5 and has a sexual assault and plagiarism charge against him at the moment) get their way on this:

I can see this "The Vaping Community" going right back to where it was when I started vaping in 2012.
You met people and followed them online then they introduced you to other people who don't mind selling their juice to people who understand it's a good DIY juice and there is no lab involved.

That's how almost all vendor started out.
The biggest vendor in 2012 was totally wicked for eliquid.

Once I met these guys @SMOKIE @Vaperjoe etc... they showed me who had juice that was decent.

Flavored Eliquid sales will be an under the table word of mouth type of thing just like it was in 2012.

There is no way possible the government can stop zero nic just food flavoring in PG/VG.
Kind of like how you can buy drug paraphernalia because everything has a legitimate use.
I could think of dozens of legitimate uses for zero nic eliquid right now.

Conditioner.
They could sell it as conditioner in a conditioner bottle and no one could do shit to stop it.

Sex Lube
They could get away with it.

Home Diffuser incense

This is why this FDA guy Scott Gottlieb (who vapers think is their savior) hasn't really done a damn thing to help the issue so far.

What did he do? Change the final deeming date until 2023?
Talk about kicking the fucking can down the road.

I have a feeling Scott Gottlieb's though process goes just about like this:
We can just extend this until 2023 when we may not even be in charge anymore. We may not even have to deal with this ever.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This is why this FDA guy Scott Gottlieb (who vapers think is their savior) hasn't really done a damn thing to help the issue so far.
We can just extend this until 2023 when we may not even be in charge anymore. We may not even have to deal with this ever.

Yeah - I do not regret my sizeable stash that has done nothing but grow since the deeming regs were first published

I figure even if they don't ever follow through with the deeming regs, its only a matter of time before it gets taxed to death on both the federal and state levels

jflo69rmnp

Member For 4 Years
If the Looniest of the Tobacco Control loons (Glantz is in his mid 70'5 and has a sexual assault and plagiarism charge against him at the moment) get their way on this:

I can see this "The Vaping Community" going right back to where it was when I started vaping in 2012.
You met people and followed them online then they introduced you to other people who don't mind selling their juice to people who understand it's a good DIY juice and there is no lab involved.

That's how almost all vendor started out.
The biggest vendor in 2012 was totally wicked for eliquid.

Once I met these guys @SMOKIE @Vaperjoe etc... they showed me who had juice that was decent.

Flavored Eliquid sales will be an under the table word of mouth type of thing just like it was in 2012.

There is no way possible the government can stop zero nic just food flavoring in PG/VG.
Kind of like how you can buy drug paraphernalia because everything has a legitimate use.
I could think of dozens of legitimate uses for zero nic eliquid right now.

Conditioner.
They could sell it as conditioner in a conditioner bottle and no one could do shit to stop it.

Sex Lube
They could get away with it.

Home Diffuser incense

Passing the buck... ultimately leaving it up to elderly uneducated bureaucrats to make the decisions.. stupid!!

VU Sponsors