1. LIVE: DISCUSSWELLNESS.COM LAPTOP GIVEAWAY: *NOW OPEN*

VAPING UNDERGROUNDS FORUM SOFTWARE IS BEING UPGRADED.

FDA restrictions on vaping products - article

Discussion in '#BANTHIS' started by Vape Fan, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    FDA restrictions on vaping products could lead to shop closings in May
    The claim to the ban on flavored pods/cartridges is to curtail illicit, and keep it from minors, not some scientific analysis that BT comes up with and uses to promote its product as harm reduction.
    If a flavored cartridge gets past the ban, we’ll see you in court.

2. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    As I have posted elsewhere. I do not think the FDA has the authority to selectively ban just certain aspects to fight teen vaping.
    And have posted that I expect a legal challenge which I think might well win.

They do however have the authority to kill pretty much all vaping with the only selection criteria being if not PMTA approved it cannot be sold.
    I do not expect any legal challenge to win against this authority.

3. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I don't see how something that is banned per the latest guidance can be legalized for only 1 or a few. Or how a PMTA for something that's banned can even be considered.

4. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Technically they have not banned anything. The guidance states that anything they have prohibited sale of can come back if PMTA approved.
    It is the selective enforcement of the Deeming regs to fight teen vaping that I do not think would stand up in court. Because they left flavors in bottles alone... And no vape juice has PMTA approval yet.

5. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    I'm finding more to this story, but I think it fits in a diff thread so I'll put it there.

6. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Where are you posting it?

7. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    Rhianne likes this.
  8. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Vape Fan likes this.
  9. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    To allow tank systems FOR NOW.
    Nothing has changed with the PMTA process and May 12.
    And any product not on the market pre 8-8-2016 may be pulled at any time.
    And from what they said even the pre vape stuff can be pulled at any time as well.
    They did say that NO vape stuff was being sold legally.
    This is just staged selective enforcement of the Deeming regs not modifications to the Deeming regs.

Although I doubt that they would pull any stuff that has an active PMTA application like Juul apparently does. Which is just a handful of stuff. 27 or so total including tobacco ones and vape ones.
    From the last report I saw.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  10. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    What else isn't new

11. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    I could add a couple more mods/atties. Haven't stocked on nic yet. Otherwise I'm good.

Rhianne likes this.
  12. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I’m still buying too. But I’m buying regulated VW mods since I prefer them. But I have a couple mechs put away with atties. (Just in case.)

Maybe try to get the nic on sale if you can. A liter at one time is fairly expensive.