Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
https://vapenews.com/vape-news/fda-seeks-ability-seize-unwarned-products-inspections/

ASSHOLE VENDORS,

Please STOP selling / stocking eliquid that looks like food or candy.
Please STOP selling / stocking eliquid that uses ANY type of infringement on ANY other product.
We just don't want to die from smoking please stop being greedy.

Signed,
Vapers

Voluntary compliance would be so welcome

The problem with the wording as I see it, is that it allows the FDA to decide what looks enticing to a kid - that could mean anything

When I was five I fed my little brother Windex by squirting it into a spoon - kids can be enticed to ingest just about anything

And the FDA continues to advocate for genetically modified foods and "medicines" that are proven to be lethal :mad:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I had to add manufacturers because if it weren't for them the vendors wouldn't be able to stock this bullshit.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So basically they're going to give themselves the power to confiscate anything they want without any prior warning or justification...:mad:

The more I see of government, the better anarchy looks.
Lots of prior warning. Virtually all ejuice on the market is in violation of the Deeming regs and technically cannot be sold.
So is virtually all the hardware.

The enforcement phase is just beginning.

And except for the assholes in the industry it really sucks.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless something changed that I missed the following is still in effect.
All vape products introduced to the US market after Feb 2007 and prior to Aug 2016 must pass PMTA applications process to continue to be sold after...
Well That date was extended.
But the date of NO new products to be sold in the US market after Aug 2016 Without PRIOR PMTA approval has not changed as far as I know.

The final compliance date for registering and the drop dead date has extended for the vape stuff on the market prior to Aug 2016 but otherwise....

And I have heard of not one vape product approved by the PMTA process.
Very few have even applied as far as I know.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Unless something changed that I missed the following is still in effect.
All vape products introduced to the US market after Feb 2007 and prior to Aug 2016 must pass PMTA applications process to continue to be sold after...
Well That date was extended.
But the date of NO new products to be sold in the US market after Aug 2016 Without PRIOR PMTA approval has not changed as far as I know.

The final compliance date for registering and the drop dead date has extended for the vape stuff on the market prior to Aug 2016 but otherwise....

And I have heard of not one vape product approved by the PMTA process.
Very few have even applied as far as I know.
Think they postponed that to 2020, but I could be wrong.

Been stockpiling for years, it really doesn't matter......:devil:............:vino:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think they postponed that to 2020, but I could be wrong.

Been stockpiling for years, it really doesn't matter......:devil:............:vino:
The ultimate drop dead date I think yes. And when full enforcement is scheduled to begin I think.

So 99% of vaping in the USA is scheduled to end in 2020....

Same here except for some consumables which will not go away I am set for the rest of my life.
But I do feel for others that will not have the opportunity to use vaping to get off of smokes.
I feel little sympathy for those that just ignore the regs and act like they will never happen though....
Of course it is possible that they will go away, and then I might win the lottery too :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The ultimate drop dead date I think yes. And when full enforcement is scheduled to begin I think.

So 99% of vaping in the USA is scheduled to end in 2020....

Same here except for some consumables which will not go away I am set for the rest of my life.
But I do feel for others that will not have the opportunity to use vaping to get off of smokes.
I feel little sympathy for those that just ignore the regs and act like they will never happen though....
Of course it is possible that they will go away, and then I might win the lottery too :)
Oh, I agree....plan on not buying a damn thing unless big-tob or big-pharm made it.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Lots of prior warning. Virtually all ejuice on the market is in violation of the Deeming regs and technically cannot be sold.
How is that? If a recipe was available prior to 2016-08-08 and was registered with the FDA by 2017-10-12, it's still legal to sell.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is that? If a recipe was available prior to 2016-08-08 and was registered with the FDA by 2017-10-12, it's still legal to sell.
And that would be how many % of the current ejuice on the market?
10% maybe?
Entire juice lines have come out since 8-8-2016.

As I understand it only the enforcement date was extended beyond 2018.
Still not legal per FDA regs.
of course I could be mistaken. It is all somewhat confusing.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And that would be how many % of the current ejuice on the market?
10% maybe?
Entire juice lines have come out since 8-8-2016.

As I understand it only the enforcement date was extended beyond 2018.
Still not legal per FDA regs.
of course I could be mistaken. It is all somewhat confusing.

I do know a large number of juice sellers - even some of the very small home lab types - made a pretty big deal out of letting everyone know they'd made the registration date

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So basically they're going to give themselves the power to confiscate anything they want without any prior warning or justification...:mad:

The more I see of government, the better anarchy looks.

Amen, and pass the ammo.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do know a large number of juice sellers - even some of the very small home lab types - made a pretty big deal out of letting everyone know they'd made the registration date
Yep with the products they had at that date.
also in 2022 the only date that will really matter is Feb 15, 2007.
Was your vaping product sold in the USA before that date?
Does it have FFDA approval?
If not no sale.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You say this with such conviction. Much can change during a period of four years.
Anything can happen. But nothing has happened in the past 4 years to mitigate the effects except for a delay in implementation because the scope was beyond completing in the short time frame first given.
the only thing that I expect to happen is to mitigate the effects on expensive cigars and such which was the real push behind most of the proposed changes so far.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You say this with such conviction. Much can change during a period of four years.

No doubt. However, the fact that they extended the date indicates they can change it at will. They could decide that they want to move it up to next year. They have no responsibility to anyone, they do as they please, just like the rest of the government in DC.

VU Sponsors