The Cloud Chasing Geek
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
There is some really innovative stuff coming out, they are trying to break out of the just simple 3 post design but I wonder some times if they actually build let alone talk to rebuilders. There are some features I love in drippers but some of the more innovative drippers are carrying over bad things and leaving the good stuff behind... I figured I would compile a list of what I like and what I don't and see what you guys think...

• Big holes on the post, better yet SLOTS (Zenith)
  • Flat bottom screws
  • Phillips head screws that are made out of a strong material
  • Slotted airholes (Stillare)
  • Slightly reduced air chamber (Magma)
  • If your going with a 5 post set up doing 2 holes on the center post (Igo w3)

DON'T LIKE
  • Taper bottom screws (Cuts my wire)
  • Pot Metal screws that strip the first time I tighten them down
  • Sub decks that trap juice (Fatty Version 3)
  • SUPER OPEN AIR CHAMBER (Tyr)
  • Post holes make no sense trident clone that had all the slots running the wrong way)
  • Airflow on the deck (Igo w3 thank you for making my shirt pocket look like I drool on my self all the time)
  • Pin prick air holes (Igo L)
  • Airholes that are drilled through the cap and the drip well (t22 Fogatti Clone)
  • Overly specific build requirements/placement (Igo W6...)

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Put flat bottom phillips head screws in your Zenith. Your dream atty awaits.

Vape_geek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would love for the negative posts to be attached from the bottom with screws instead of press fit

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For drippers would love bigger post holes and better attached posts that don't move when your doing your fun builds.
For the kayfuns and the like a better filling system. I like the one on my kayfun lite 2 but wish the hole was a little bigger so I could use my glass drippers to fill instead of the take top off fill and replace and hope it doesn't leak like a sieve.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I currently like the positive 2 hole block design on a three post setup. However, I agree with the rest of your post OP!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a hard time building in small spaces due to my arthritic hands, not thin fingers and far from perfect eyesight. So my next RDA will have a double positive block and preferably thumb screws or allen screws like the IGO-M.

I just looked at one at my local B&M that was badass. It was The Dominator. It has spring loaded posts that catch the wire. You just unscrew the thumbscrews a little, press down, insert the wire and release. Easy peazy.

Soulkarve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't like having to pull the whole cap off of my RDA to drip (trident). I like the 2 piece top cap that allows me to soak the wick where it's dry (TOBH).

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i dont like screws at all.. pisses me off when they back up on me while im building. would prefer to see something like the plume veil has with the push pin connectors, i feel like that would ensure a good connection without ever coming loose and would interact better with juice.. at a minimum would like to see these as a possible upgrade to any atty

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
NO! Please no Allen screws!!! OMG they drive me nuts!! A def NO for these huge hands!

I think it would be easier. You can set the allen wrench in the screw head to tighten. That way if you have to use that hand to maneuver the wire it will still be there.

kathibg57

Member For 4 Years
I think it would be easier. You can set the allen wrench in the screw head to tighten. That way if you have to use that hand to maneuver the wire it will still be there.
Ok. I'll try putting it in and leaving there while I manipulate wires. I'll give it a chance as my new Origen dripper has Allen's. I was kind of concerned about them but what you say makes sense. I'll let you know. Maybe I'll rescind my previous comment!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok. I'll try putting it in and leaving there while I manipulate wires. I'll give it a chance as my new Origen dripper has Allen's. I was kind of concerned about them but what you say makes sense. I'll let you know. Maybe I'll rescind my previous comment!

I have not tried one yet. But to me it just seems a little easier having a way to let go of your driver if you need to reposition the wire. I have read some people love allens, and some hate them. I think if not allens there should be flathead screws. To me you can't seem to get enough torque on a Philips without fear of possibly stripping the head.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True enough just a thought from having big hands myself I find the screwdriver just easier to hold.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
I like the air holes being directly under the coils like the magma. That does restrict your coil placement though.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Where can I can get some phillips screws for my Zenith? I could probably look it up but I'm drunk and feeling lazy.

Ah, I get mine locally at a place that specializes in screws. I have yet to pick any up for my zenith, but I've gone there multiple times for attys with hex screws that I wanted to replace.

Blakd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have seen it once and it was cool but would really like to see more RDA's with the spring loaded wire holders. push down on the connection pin, feed wire through, and let go. Also would like more center or bottom airflow RDA's. part of the reason I have an ebaron pro and am waiting on a magma to be delivered.

VU Sponsors