EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi All!
I've been on this site for about a month! Thanks to the people here I've learned a lot! Especially HIC! I''ve found that due to my burned out tastebuds, I need to multiply HIC's percentages by 1.3 to 1.7 to get to the floavor that satisfies me! If I make a subsitution of a TFA flavor, then the multiplication factor is higher! Example: If HIC's recipe calls for say 1% FA Vienna Creame, I will use maybe 1.5% FA Vienna Creame or if I substitute TFA, I would go to maybe 2.3% Bavarian cream.
As a general rule in a FA recipe I like my total flavoring percentage to be around 10%. I a TFA recipe I like the flavoring percentage around 20%! I do stick to the flavor percentage relationships as put down by HIC! I can use Arnies flavor percentages as listed! Hopefully my tastebuds will recover over time and I'll be able to back off!
Thanks to all on this site! You've been a huge help to me!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome, glad to see you. Yep, we have the best of the best here. Some peoples taste buds recover quickly, some take longer. Happy that you are finding diy that works for you!

VU Sponsors