Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
What do you guys think about a PIF box to go around to people? Here's how it would work. Toss in something you don't want or need any more (Juice, batteries, attys, personal love letters) anything vape related. Go on a list here. When you get it. Take what you want, put back in what you want, and then send it off to the next in line. Could be cool to see what gets passed around. Everyone has "those" bottles of juice or a tank you will never use again. Even better. When you get the box, post a pic of yourself with it and drop it in the thread.

I'll start it off with a couple things if we get to 20 people interested. I wouldn't worry about people scamming too much. Worse case scenario, someone gets it and they simply take it all. We can all point and laugh at them. I'm going to say it should be US only, so people don't get clobbered in customs or shipping costs.

What do you guys think? Any interest?

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Great idea with a high potential for abuse. I'm in.

Well yes and no. The list will be available for all to see, who has it, and where its going. One of the things was to post a picture when you have the box. This will show all the stuff gathered and squandered in it. Plus if you really absolutely need the stuff, then take it. If you snag it and then don't ship it out, we will all know about it. Then you can deal with whatever comes about that for some PIF stuff.

Abbycoolchick

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hmmmmmm it sounds like a great idea.... i do worry about scammers... its sad we have to think this way

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would be a bit concerned with something like ejuice that may have been tampered with. Lovely idea though. If you get it off the ground I am game.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well yes and no. The list will be available for all to see, who has it, and where its going. One of the things was to post a picture when you have the box. This will show all the stuff gathered and squandered in it. Plus if you really absolutely need the stuff, then take it. If you snag it and then don't ship it out, we will all know about it. Then you can deal with whatever comes about that for some PIF stuff.

Yeah, but what if they empty it, then sent it, pretending as if they added to it. I wouldn't want to be involved in that situation. ( I overthink things like this to prevent future drama, lol.) It's not like we'd be out anything that really matters though. Just one of those what if scenarios.

@Abbycoolchick I totally agree. It's sad.

I've got a butt ton of juice and some odds and ends. I've got a couple Nautilus sitting, gathering dust...

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, but what if they empty it, then sent it, pretending as if they added to it. I wouldn't want to be involved in that situation. ( I overthink things like this to prevent future drama, lol.) It's not like we'd be out anything that really matters though. Just one of those what if scenarios.

@Abbycoolchick I totally agree. It's sad.

Sadly there are scammers everywhere. Heck if I sent out a box and it got snagged by the first person in line, I would just chalk it up to them needing it more than I did and that it was a decent idea gone wrong. I might actually start this up with less than 20 people. If it gets passed around a few times, people might draw some interest. The cool thing is that VU is still so new it feels kind of closely knit. I've seen all the avatars in this thread elsewhere around here.

My printer queue is tied up for the next day or two, but after that I want to run off some "swag" (I hate that word) to toss in there. After that I might start getting it ready to send out. We already have 10 people who seem to be in.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Set a turnaround time & have each recipient send you the tracking info via a pm/email. I've been in several things like this & those that go off without a hitch require more accountability of participants, than ones with fewer requirements. I've yet to be in one where someone took an entire box, but I've been in one that the post office lost for over a month, insurance for value came in handy at that point, but I know not everyone is going to want to assume insurance fees costs, but it might be advisable if someone goes crazy & adds a $200 mod. But that's a random occurrence.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
if someone goes crazy & adds a $200 mod. But that's a random occurrence.
If someone is feeling crazy and feels like giving away a $200 original, please feel free to PM me. I'll gladly send a mailing address that it can get PIF'ed (to me!). I really don't see that occurring.
Set a turnaround time & have each recipient send you the tracking info via a pm/email
Good idea. I think it's only like 40 or 50 cents for tracking (at most)

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If anyone needs a tutorial on how to save on shipping with paypal please ask. I've written a few and commercial plus pricing for shipping with paypal gets you an average 20% savings over going to the post office & paying retail (you can print shipping labels through paypal even if you don't get paid through paypal - for those who have a separate payment processor). And you can get $50 free insurance coverage if you ship in a priority flat rate package (of any size, including the padded flat rate envelopes).

Uh I worked customer service for a large online selling community for 8 months I have a lot of useless random shipping info stored in my brain.

If someone is feeling crazy and feels like giving away a $200 original, please feel free to PM me. I'll gladly send a mailing address that it can get PIF'ed (to me!). I really don't see that occurring.

Good idea. I think it's only like 40 or 50 cents for tracking (at most)

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would never PIF juice like that, only in person or a trusted person, but old equipment, count me in.... A little more on that Paypal thing may be helpful... tracking number is pretty cheap even at the post office, the biggest cost will be shipping a box that may have some weight to it... I can see lots of old stuff and weighing in at 12 pds some day.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
https://www.facebook.com/notes/carr...al-base-updated-2014-prices/10151997034522043 - my note on USPS shipping rates comparing retail & commercial base pricing. I have others done listing prices for other non-US locations as well if anyone needs/wants them. Feel free to steal the info, or link back or whatever, I'd rather see it out there than hoarded. I'll find the best tutorial I have for shipping & if not happy I'll make a new one when I go to ship stuff this week.

riphraph

Member For 4 Years
Let's do this... especially so I don't have to come up with too many stupid contests to give away my Piffable lightly used apparatus...

riphraph

Member For 4 Years
A slow death...

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
A slow death...
Lol. I wouldn't go that far. Like I said if someone cruises around here and feels losing any positive vibes is worth a box of random crap they needed it more than us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm in like the idea. I have a few bottles of juice idk what to do with

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm down. I usually buy new things and end up trading them out for other thing later on. So this just seems like a nice trust exercise with all of our fellow vapors!

sac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm down! This would be a lot of fun.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Love the idea, I understand the fear of juices, sad too because I have no one to give mine too! I do have a cousin interested in starting, encouraging her now so I can unload some juice, other than that I personally know no one that vapes! Count me in!

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have an idea. To save on excess shipping, why not just list all of the things you'd be willing to PIF within this thread, and people can pick and choose what they direly need. I have some CE4 cartos that don't get used, if anyone's interested.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have tons of 18mg juice and old protanks/iclears I no longer use now.

Very cool idea.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
I have an idea. To save on excess shipping, why not just list all of the things you'd be willing to PIF within this thread, and people can pick and choose what they direly need. I have some CE4 cartos that don't get used, if anyone's interested.

The fun of this is actually getting the box to take and remove stuff. You're talking like $5 or less to ship. Think of it as part PIF, part social experiment, part vapemail, and part fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would be a bit concerned with something like ejuice that may have been tampered with. Lovely idea though. If you get it off the ground I am game.

Juice is optional just like everything else though right?. if someone wants it great.. if you dont .. not forced to take it or anything

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
How do you avoid the obvious scammer and abuser.
You don't. Put in what you want. Take out what you want. Send it out. If you don't send it out the person who doesn't get it didn't lose or gain anything. The people who put in already took what they wanted. The doucher who kept it will obviously outed here. If that is worth a box of PIF stuff, meh. Karma is a...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapingCrazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Really exited about starting this! Hoping everyone can play nice and have this work out for the benefit of all of us! :) It would be really fun to be involved in! I think the idea of someone being black listed from our very special group should be enough reason for someone not to do anything sketchy! I think we will iron out all the details as we go! I'm exited! Let's make this work everybody! :)

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
When do we start?
Looks like the beginning of next week with all this interest. Need a weekend to get some stuff together (I'm going to throw in some 3d printed stuff too). Here are the rules I'm thinking of. Please comment and let me know what you think.

1) This is for adults 19 and older. Sorry 18 year olds's but some states (hey NJ) have 19 year old requirements. If you agree to take part you agree you're 19 or older.
2) US Only - this to cut shipping cost and not run into customs issues
3) Carrier does not matter, but tracking is recommended. If no tracking number and something happens to package, blame will fall on the shipper.
4) All e-liquid bottles must be placed in their own zip lock baggies.
5) I will compile a list before sending of those expressing interested and post it. You can opt out then either by replying to thread or PM me directly.
6) Initial box order will be randomized. I'll start it.
7) After package is received, you have 2 days to ship it back out. Weekends don't count as days unless you want to break into a post office. In which case, #YOLO?
8) When you receive it, let me know so we update the list. Also it is the person with the box's job to check the list and send a PM to next in line (you can cc me on this). Next in line has 24h to reply with shipping address, confirming they want it or box holder PM's next in line.
9) Only nicotine related vaping stuff (no THC stuff), random swag is ok (ie: if you want to toss a band sticker in there) but keep it small and light. Atty's, liquid,
10) Take a pic with the box and post it here. (This could get interesting)
11) Finally. Don't be a d-bag. If you agree to do this, take what you want, put some stuff in, ship it out.

Feel free to comment on any rules that you think might need to be changed. They are pretty basic common sense things, so while it looks like a lot its

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like the beginning of next week with all this interest. Need a weekend to get some stuff together (I'm going to throw in some 3d printed stuff too). Here are the rules I'm thinking of. Please comment and let me know what you think.

1) This is for adults 19 and older. Sorry 18 year olds's but some states (hey NJ) have 19 year old requirements. If you agree to take part you agree you're 19 or older.
3) Carrier does not matter, but tracking is recommended. If no tracking number and something happens to package, blame will fall on the shipper.
5) I will compile a list before sending of those expressing interested and post it. You can opt out then either by replying to thread or PM me directly.
7) After package is received, you have 2 days to ship it back out. Weekends don't count as days unless you want to break into a post office. In which case, #YOLO?
8) When you receive it, let me know so we update the list. Also it is the person with the box's job to check the list and send a PM to next in line (you can cc me on this). Next in line has 24h to reply with shipping address, confirming they want it or box holder PM's next in line.
9) Only nicotine related vaping stuff (no THC stuff), random swag is ok (ie: if you want to toss a band sticker in there) but keep it small and light. Atty's, liquid,
11) Finally. Don't be a d-bag. If you agree to do this, take what you want, put some stuff in, ship it out.

Feel free to comment on any rules that you think might need to be changed. They are pretty basic common sense things, so while it looks like a lot its
Looks good to me. This is a great idea! Hope it all goes smoothly...

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Oh! Should be common knowledge but, maybe something referring to the way your stuff is packaged (like no loose batteries to avoid possible shorting, protect anything glass so the next person isn't reaching into a box with random shards of glass.)

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
I am in, I have a seven22 that I never use. I am sure someone will, though.
Don't put a Seven22 in there. Sell that on the classifieds! Hell, sell it to me. :p I really wouldn't suggest putting mods more expensive stuff in there in general, unless you really feel like surprising the next person.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am in! Let's get this thing off the ground! WoooooHooooo! I hope it works out well so that it can continue! I will be on vacation until the 17th, but that should be plenty of time by the time this thing gets to me! Thanks for a great idea!

ToeKnee

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dhim I would like to donate some juice to your box if you dont mind. Send me an addy so I can get some out to start the trip.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you think its worth arranging by locations too?

For shipping costs, and efficiency? Goes to all the west coast people, over to mid-west, over to east coast? etc

Just a thought.. Its obviously going to take a lot longer if it goes from CA to FL to CA to TX to NY etc etc..

VU Sponsors