Become a Patron!

Feeling on Vape Kiosk in a mall?

What are your thoughts or feelings and pros and cons of a Kiosk for vape supplies, equipment, and ejuices in a major mall?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
From what I understand, they have a really bad reputation in the vaping community.

A lot of them are known for selling really overprices and really poor quality lookalikes and are staffed by young people that have only been trained to tell everyone how this is the greatest stuff in the world and how to run the cash register.

But if someone that actually new what they were doing were to open one selling quality gear and liquid and back it with real customer service, that would be something different.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Double-edged sword. On one side, yes they're most likely going to be overpriced beginner stuff and not staffed by the most knowledgeable people. On the other side, at least they get smokers started on vaping, and the smart ones will figure out how to go online to find better stuff and/or find a better B&M shop in their area.

Last edited:

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
may i also add, that at least where i am located, mall kiosk rent is $3000 a month... if you can make that kind of scratch, you can prolly afford a b&m lease...

Bronthedon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First time I seen one at a kiosk in the mall was this weekend in DC. I was in town, stopped by Tysons Corner Mall, and there were 2 kiosks, same company just on diff sides. Crappy selection of juice, they were vaping on a pen, I was tempted to pull out my mod and vape but, I didnt wanna blow clouds in the middle of the mall and cause a scene haha

BigBuddha74

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, the one we had didn't last too long. Were selling a 5 pack of boge cartos for $25 and Vivis for $40. Not to mention 10ml hangsen for $20! Not only that, but they were total "elitist" dicks. They shouldn't have been, as their set ups were pretty lame! I am so thankful over the last year or so we have had 7 B&M's open within 20 miles of my house. I still loved it when they kept telling people that that 10ml bottle would last them a fucking month!

Freeloader

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The mall kiosks target market is the ignorant and uneducated and impulse buyer. Anyone that has done the smallest amount of research will avoid those folks like the plague.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, in 2009, there wasn't much else besides the mall rip off. It did serve it's purpose and got me off cigs, but it became almost immediately apparent that there had to be something better, we just had to wait for it. B&M's started popping up with the greatest thing since sliced bread at the time, the eGo. Man what a difference! However, there still had to be something better! Then came out the Prodigy V3 mechanical mod using LiPO4's in series! Man, then things really started to take off. Lava Tubes and VV's, better batteries, mods, toppers and an explosion of better tech to get the vape on! So, as I can see the mall kiosks for what they really are, I can honestly say that they did change my life for the better, even if it was to learn a very valuable financial lesson!

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's a start for some . It's exposure . People start seeing them and start talking about it . Buying anything, it's like buyer beware , get informed. But we all started some place and may have spent to much . I am sure some well informed and , well meaning people have opened one some place . I would not run out and call the " Kiosk Police " every time I saw one .

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Back around 2006 I stopped by a kiosk claiming they had "smokeless cigarettes", so I was intrigued. It was basically like a primitive Ecig. It was your standard tobacco cigarette, but with a small "flint" in the tip of the cig opposite the filter. You light the flint, and then it heated the tobacco to vaporize it. The cigarette never got smaller or burned down, the flint would just eventually burn out after several hits and i was left with a perfectly intact cigarette, although the tobacco inside would be dry to the point of turning into dust. I was astonished at how it worked. The brand name was Eclipse and it was nearly $15 for a pack of 20. There was very little "vapor" production and no odor. Did anyone else experience these weird little things?

VU Sponsors