Become a Patron!

Feeling unsafe

Currently using the rx300 with the tfv8, i recently bought another T8 and Q4.

After installing, neither coil seemed to give me decent hits (both immediately, and not had this problem before)

I prime coils until i can see that they're completely saturated, let them sit for 5-10 minutes before firing and start on a low wattage to build up from, usually 40 or 50 watts.

After 1 day the Q4 started to fire properly, but the power outage seems very inconsistent, so instead of feeling one smooth hit it feels as though its randomly fluctuating in power? (This is for the SAME hit, not high one hit then low the next, almost feels as though im rapidly increasing and decreasing power while i fire, but with no pattern to it)

Ive never heard of this problem before and ive been looking around but also cant find anything like this, it feels dangerous to use as i genuinely have no idea whats happening with it,
ive been vaping for 2 years and ive never experienced this before

Any help / advice is appreciated

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you don't feel safe ...put it down immediately and stop using it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

After installing, neither coil seemed to give me decent hits (both immediately, and not had this problem before)

I prime coils until i can see that they're completely saturated, let them sit for 5-10 minutes before firing and start on a low wattage to build up from, usually 40 or 50 watts.

After 1 day the Q4 started to fire properly, but the power outage seems very inconsistent, so instead of feeling one smooth hit it feels as though its randomly fluctuating in power? (This is for the SAME hit, not high one hit then low the next, almost feels as though im rapidly increasing and decreasing power while i fire, but with no pattern to it)

Ive never heard of this problem before and ive been looking around but also cant find anything like this, it feels dangerous to use as i genuinely have no idea whats happening with it,

Sounds like you may be in Temp control mode?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Look at the resistance of the coil when this happens. If the resistance changes a lot, the mod will attempt to keep the set wattage to the coil which may mean raising the voltage, or dropping it as the coil drops in resistance. Poor connectivity, or a bum coil might be the problem. Try another tank/coil and see if if does the same thing after you clean the 510 with a qtip and some rubbing alcohol.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Clean both contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol, also wismec 510 pins are suspect, it sounds like your having an inconsistent experience which could be dirty contacts or 510 pin

Sent from my Pixel XL

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look at the resistance of the coil when this happens. If the resistance changes a lot, the mod will attempt to keep the set wattage to the coil which may mean raising the voltage, or dropping it as the coil drops in resistance. Poor connectivity, or a bum coil might be the problem. Try another tank/coil and see if if does the same thing after you clean the 510 with a qtip and some rubbing alcohol.
True if the resistance changes it will change the output power correspondingly.

f4milytime

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes try a different coil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors