Become a Patron!

Few questions on what i should use

I have the 75w eVic VTC mini and i want to get the GeekVape Griffin RTA. I the wires i want to get for the griffin is Kanthal 26 & 32 and Stainless Steel 26 & 32. Should i get different wire or will these work?
Also, I was doing some research and people say not to use these wires in Temp. control, I'm not sure....
I just wanted to make sure everything was ok with what i piked and i wanted to know witch mode i should use the coils in? Power, Bypass, Ni, Ti or SS. Please Let me know.

I'm a newbie by the way.

Heres is the eVic VTC Mini \/
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10018975/4463701-evic-vtc-mini-75w-styled-tc-vw-apv-box-mod-kit

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You can use SS in temp control mode but not Kanthal. SS can be run in power mode or SS temp mode. Kanthal can only be run in power mode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have the 75w eVic VTC mini and i want to get the GeekVape Griffin RTA. I the wires i want to get for the griffin is Kanthal 26 & 32 and Stainless Steel 26 & 32. Should i get different wire or will these work?
Also, I was doing some research and people say not to use these wires in Temp. control, I'm not sure....
I just wanted to make sure everything was ok with what i piked and i wanted to know witch mode i should use the coils in? Power, Bypass, Ni, Ti or SS. Please Let me know.

I'm a newbie by the way.

Heres is the eVic VTC Mini \/
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10018975/4463701-evic-vtc-mini-75w-styled-tc-vw-apv-box-mod-kit
kenthal will work fine. just make sure you build small enough that your 75 watts can power it. 26 guage should work fine in a simple 2 coil build. 32 gauge might be a little thin to get enough vapor out of for that tank.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would suggest that you get 24 AWG Kanthal wire.

Easier to work with and the coils will last you a very long time if you care for them.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I am making coil builds by the way like Clapton coil and so on
then you'll need a core and a wrap. usually the wrap is 8-10 gauges lower then the base. I'll tag the local coil expert here so he can give you better detail
@raymo2u

EDIT: i mean 10 gauges higher lol. higher gauge = thinner wire.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just a suggestion. If you're going to be running dual Claptons in that Griffin I'd get a higher wattage mod. Just saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Care for them?

After running about 10 MLs of E-Liquid through my tank, I take it apart, remove the wick, dry burn the coils, install new wick and repeat the process. I get up to 3 months of use on my coils.

VU Sponsors