Become a Patron!

Few questions??

VapinSteveO

Member For 1 Year
I was wondering when u rewick how do you clean the coils off.Do you just basically power it on like takin a hit an do that a couple times till clean? Or whats basically best. I bought some new coils put them in yesterday an wicked an so on well last night I feel asleep with my vape beside me an it leaked the juice out by going thru the cotton an soakin alarge amount in it an coils.. sorta of harsh..

Also what is TC mode used for I mean I know ut reads the temp of the coils but how does it change on hittin an like is it for differnt juice or why would u run it in that.Also I have SS 316 Triple core fused claptom coils 28Gx3/36G 3 ID 7wrap coils. How hot would i want to set them to use TC.

Also whats the best way when installing 2 coils to get them to heat up at same time?? Also a vandy vape triple v2 how high do u want the coils to set.They gave me a little block with hokes to show where to cut says 6 but was just curious does high change alot?

Thank you for your Help.
6d5db5f63c1504b70159a3e671e3c8d0.jpg

-VapinSteveo-

ph4ntom coil

Unlisted Vendor
what i like to do is a dry burn witch is taking the cotton out and then using 30 watts slowly bring your coils up to heat and then have a small stream of water running, once your coils are hot put the coils under the water and do this two or three times so everything comes off them, another way you can is by going to your local vape shop and seeing if they got a small wire brush made for cleaning coils witch is dry burning them like your doing for new coils and then using the brush to get the gunk off them

VapinSteveO

Member For 1 Year
ok. So do you just take your mod an atomizer an let water hit the top keeping the water off the mod right.. Like basicaly turn it horizontal right an let water drops hit the top correct??also do u use TC

-VapinSteveo-

mikeybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Also whats the best way when installing 2 coils to get them to heat up at same time??
Once you've successfully placed the coils on the rda, fire them. Wherever there's no "red light" on the coil, scratch it with a scissor. If it's a whole lot of coil with no "red light" when firing, place the small diameter metal stick, and put that inside the coil. Wiggle it while firing until you can see the middle lighting up. Do this to both, and shortly after you'll get them heating up at the same time. If not, keep scrapping the coil, or the part of the coils that aren't heating up on time.

ph4ntom coil

Unlisted Vendor
ya just keep the water away from the mod and battery and just on the coils if its an rda your using its ok if you have a little water in or around it, tc is more for the expert vapers but from what i know about it some juices are better for tc the others im not sure the ratio for the vg and pg but thats all i really know, im not using tc yet but would love to try it some day, and for dry burning your coils when you are using an rda you just got to make sure the coils are making contact with the positive and negative post. a great way to also learn about vaping is going on to youtube, i follow Mike Vapes, Vapenfagen, rip trippers and a few others about vaping, for rewicking and coils watch mike vapes, try to watch his video of the tank you are using, if its an rda or rta 90% of the time he will do a build for it and show how he does it, but its all about the practice practice practice, its a little bit of work but i enjoy it and hope you will too, any more questions just ask and people will help

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I was wondering when u rewick how do you clean the coils off.Do you just basically power it on like takin a hit an do that a couple times till clean? Or whats basically best. I bought some new coils put them in yesterday an wicked an so on well last night I feel asleep with my vape beside me an it leaked the juice out by going thru the cotton an soakin alarge amount in it an coils.. sorta of harsh..

Also what is TC mode used for I mean I know ut reads the temp of the coils but how does it change on hittin an like is it for differnt juice or why would u run it in that.Also I have SS 316 Triple core fused claptom coils 28Gx3/36G 3 ID 7wrap coils. How hot would i want to set them to use TC.

Also whats the best way when installing 2 coils to get them to heat up at same time?? Also a vandy vape triple v2 how high do u want the coils to set.They gave me a little block with hokes to show where to cut says 6 but was just curious does high change alot?

Thank you for your Help.
6d5db5f63c1504b70159a3e671e3c8d0.jpg

-VapinSteveo-

You can clean your coils by dry burning them. Try to keep the wattage low and keep from glowing them too hot (specifically with SS). Different folks have different methods. I rarely run them under water because city water is shit and leaves more residue than it takes off.

I have never used TC, so will leave that to someone else.

To get an even heating of your coils a good practice is to measure the distance of wire before twisting them so they are the same length. Then get them twisted, spaced the same and with an even distance on each leg going into the post or post holes. With your ceramic tweezers brush the coils and pulse fire the coil until they glow evenly and ramp the same. Some of this is just experience, you will get better at it and can better predict how to correct one getting away from the other as you deal with it more.

Don't stick anything metal in the coil while firing it. Not a good practice to get into. They make ceramic coil jigs for this purpose.

On the triple you want your coils to look something like this.
triple-28-rta-box-01.jpg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have tried and then gave up on TC cause it was so much hit and miss vaping for me. I did the research to try to understand TC but in the end back to power mode. I only TC with SS wire.
Dryburning coils... There is no need to red hot a coil to dryburn all your doing is wasting battery and wrecking the integrity of the coil. Heat a bit, scrape and also what I do is with a glass dropper drop a couple drops of water onto the hot coil then scrape. Its surprising how well it cleans. You have to think the time dryburning, scraping, battery and mod use to just bin the build and make new. Same time to replace a coil with new than to fart around scraping and cleaning a old build. Only builds I try to save are fancy multiwire builds but single core claptons are tossed. Wire is cheap and the more its reused the less integrity it has so I don't bother anymore and just replace.

VapinSteveO

Member For 1 Year
Okay Thank u for all your help. Ive seen few videos on youtube about wicking an coils. Been watchin an slowly learnin.. Yesterday I went an bought a 120ml of juice an the top cap where it waa child proof i couldnt get open an the vape shop guy did an realized early tosay it was broke my juice was leakin out of ths bottle. The guy made it for me they usally only have 30ml of it made its a store shop juice.. im not sure not nearly as strong tasting either so dont know.. going to call an complain 37 for 120ml little pricy should be able to taste it an doeant have muxh taste yellowish but taste isnt. My gf said same thing so will see

Thanks again for all your guys help

-VapinSteveo-

VU Sponsors