Finally decided to organize my DIY Flavor bottles.

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by Sonar505, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Sonar505

Sonar505 Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years Modder

Blog Posts:

Thanks for all the interest. Actually what you just mentioned was what I was planning on doing last weekend. Then I got the dreaded call late Friday. My Grandfather past away. So for the last week I have been dealing with all that comes with that. I am now back home and getting settled in and still plan to make some to see if they sell. I hope that everyone who was interested in them will understand why I had to delay.

misswish likes this.
  2. Ld3441

Ld3441 Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Sorry for your loss and completely understandable. I didn't know for sure if you were even interested in making them for others.

Whenever you are ready I am sure they will sell. Many have shown interest and I'm sure there are many that have not seen this that would be too. Let us know when you decide on a price.

misswish likes this.
  3. Mommay

Mommay Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Delay is no biggie. I've been taking care of part of my mother's estate this week. Please keep me on your list of peeps wanting to purchase.

4. misswish

misswish Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I am still interested in more info. Let us know! Thanks, and I am sorry about your Grandfather. It is so hard to lose a loved one.

5. Emilie

Emilie Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I'm very sorry about your grandmother. The racks will wait, but I'm sure you'll have plenty of people wanting to purchase from you once you're ready.

6. Laughmore

Laughmore Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    For the cheap utilitarian, one could make a folding display cabinet design like this with foam board and duct tape... I'm lucky enough to have access to some woodshop tools, so I'm going to try to make a photogenic version like Sonar's :)

Couple design questions I'm asking myself is basically how big, and whether to make it accordion style or keep it modular and bi-folding. whether to make a back so it's enclosed, which would make it easy to line with felt... hmm perdy. Some swivelling feet on the bottom for stability could eliminate the need to keep it half open.

THANK YOU @Sonar505 for the modular, folding, and dowels-for-visibility design ideas, big win. I hope you're finding ways to remember what's good if life is still throwing the muck. I'm just a weird internet stranger but I really do hope things are growing for you.

Huckleberried and misswish like this.
  7. SquareofPrimes

SquareofPrimes Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Any board, 2x4 or anything else that can be drilled and a 3/4 hole saw for the small flavorings. Working on another for the 30ml bottles..

Attached Files:

misswish likes this.
  8. Just Frank

Just Frank Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    That is just awesome!

Letitia9 likes this.
  9. jojosvapes

jojosvapes New Member

Blog Posts:
    This whole thread is amazing I have tool boxes https://www.harborfreight.com/multi-compartment-utility-box-40528.html I have two of these stuffed full and looking for my flavors is a pain in the butt.

Sonar505 I love the shelf you made and the fact it closes up-I have very limited space in small house so something like this would be great.

Rowdyplace - I tried foam and cutting right drove me nuts, I like the tool you made. The gel is freaking cool and sustainable :)

You guys have really helped me a lot by sharing this I hope your projects continue to develop.

They have already helped me come up with some other ideas that I would have never thought about. Once again VU rocks thanks everyone!

Letitia9 likes this.
  10. pulsevape

pulsevape Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    the advantages to just shoving all your flavors into a big brown paper bag is it's easier to hide in the closet.....because if your wife saw you had 52 bottles of flavorings all arranged in a nice little cabniet she would say your OCD is acting up again and try and force zoloft down your throat.and ask why a grown man needed 52 flavors when he used to smoke one brand for the last 25 years.....and frankly I don't have an answer for that.....actually I don't see how my hobby is any more ridiculous, or obsessive than being a sports fan.

MagicJosh and RonJS like this.
  11. MagicJosh

MagicJosh Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    REALLY COOL!!

Just Frank likes this.