Become a Patron!

Finally decided to organize my DIY Flavor bottles.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
He must be getting a bunch of these ready and doesn't have time to be online. You think? ;)

Thanks for all the interest. Actually what you just mentioned was what I was planning on doing last weekend. Then I got the dreaded call late Friday. My Grandfather past away. So for the last week I have been dealing with all that comes with that. I am now back home and getting settled in and still plan to make some to see if they sell. I hope that everyone who was interested in them will understand why I had to delay.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for all the interest. Actually what you just mentioned was what I was planning on doing last weekend. Then I got the dreaded call late Friday. My Grandfather past away. So for the last week I have been dealing with all that comes with that. I am now back home and getting settled in and still plan to make some to see if they sell. I hope that everyone who was interested in them will understand why I had to delay.

Sorry for your loss and completely understandable. I didn't know for sure if you were even interested in making them for others.

Whenever you are ready I am sure they will sell. Many have shown interest and I'm sure there are many that have not seen this that would be too. Let us know when you decide on a price.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Delay is no biggie. I've been taking care of part of my mother's estate this week. Please keep me on your list of peeps wanting to purchase.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am still interested in more info. Let us know! Thanks, and I am sorry about your Grandfather. It is so hard to lose a loved one.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the cheap utilitarian, one could make a folding display cabinet design like this with foam board and duct tape... I'm lucky enough to have access to some woodshop tools, so I'm going to try to make a photogenic version like Sonar's :)

Couple design questions I'm asking myself is basically how big, and whether to make it accordion style or keep it modular and bi-folding. whether to make a back so it's enclosed, which would make it easy to line with felt... hmm perdy. Some swivelling feet on the bottom for stability could eliminate the need to keep it half open.

THANK YOU @Sonar505 for the modular, folding, and dowels-for-visibility design ideas, big win. I hope you're finding ways to remember what's good if life is still throwing the muck. I'm just a weird internet stranger but I really do hope things are growing for you.

SquareofPrimes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Any board, 2x4 or anything else that can be drilled and a 3/4 hole saw for the small flavorings. Working on another for the 30ml bottles..

Attachments

• small_flavors.jpg
    small_flavors.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 44

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shhhhhhh...Don't tell nobody...I'm releasing top secret pictures of my next attempt to organize the bottles inside the drawers... Project is in it's early stages.
This is a silicon rubber like substance I made from VG (yes, the stuff we vape) and unflavored gelatine from the grocery store. (Initial mix ratio - ½ cup pg + ½ cup powdered gelatine + ¼ cup plain water.) Mix thoroughly as you heat it to about 150°F, stirring almost constantly. When the mixture is smooth (no granules of gelatine left,) and hot, it is ready to be poured into the mold. (I used 20 second bursts in the microwave...)
<<<edit to correct this to Vegetable Glycerin >>>>
The beauty of this is that it is cheaper than silicon and reusable!!! If you don't like what you have, just remelt it!!!

Next, I'll try food coloring.

mold-1_zps18914f51.jpg

mold-2_zps90fad11d.jpg
That is just awesome!

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
This whole thread is amazing I have tool boxes https://www.harborfreight.com/multi-compartment-utility-box-40528.html I have two of these stuffed full and looking for my flavors is a pain in the butt.

Sonar505 I love the shelf you made and the fact it closes up-I have very limited space in small house so something like this would be great.

Rowdyplace - I tried foam and cutting right drove me nuts, I like the tool you made. The gel is freaking cool and sustainable :)

You guys have really helped me a lot by sharing this I hope your projects continue to develop.

They have already helped me come up with some other ideas that I would have never thought about. Once again VU rocks thanks everyone!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the advantages to just shoving all your flavors into a big brown paper bag is it's easier to hide in the closet.....because if your wife saw you had 52 bottles of flavorings all arranged in a nice little cabniet she would say your OCD is acting up again and try and force zoloft down your throat.and ask why a grown man needed 52 flavors when he used to smoke one brand for the last 25 years.....and frankly I don't have an answer for that.....actually I don't see how my hobby is any more ridiculous, or obsessive than being a sports fan.

Recently thanks to the people on this forum discovered FA flavors. So placed an order for 33 FA flavor samples from eliquid mart then after trying them and finding more recipes I wanted to try. Placed and received a 2nd order of 35 bottles. For me It became a pain in the ass to try and find the individual flavor. Pick up read no!,Pick up read No!, etc, or worse take all out the box and play dominoes with them while on the table. I decided there had to be a better way and set out to make one.

I don't know if you are anything like me but this is what my DIY shelf looked like before.

tW6Eog6.jpg

And this is what it looks like now!

YRweskT.jpg

I made It to accommodate the FA flavors I have now and allow for future growth. I was also able to put them in Alphabetical order and read the flavor name for easy location. (Added benefit Lorann's 1 dram bottles also fit)

BghSUKx.jpg

Over the past few years I had also accumulated quite a few wizard lab samples (which are even better at mimicking dominoes). And since I plan to continue to use them either individually or in combination with FA. I decided to make one for them.

54K32FG.jpg

Here is how it looks like now when I mix a eliquid recipe. I have the wide mouth jars for my NIC,VG, PG, and Premixed Base. (easier to get the last little bit and no tipping).

NQ3VRjP.jpg

And here is a pic of the final results.

iELXbrr.jpg

Both racks are hinged (makes them more stable when opened) and have a latch to keep closed when put away.

Thanks for reading. Hope you like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220907-183416_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220907-183416_Chrome.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 6
That's
Recently thanks to the people on this forum discovered FA flavors. So placed an order for 33 FA flavor samples from eliquid mart then after trying them and finding more recipes I wanted to try. Placed and received a 2nd order of 35 bottles. For me It became a pain in the ass to try and find the individual flavor. Pick up read no!,Pick up read No!, etc, or worse take all out the box and play dominoes with them while on the table. I decided there had to be a better way and set out to make one.

I don't know if you are anything like me but this is what my DIY shelf looked like before.

tW6Eog6.jpg

YRweskT.jpg

I made It to accommodate the FA flavors I have now and allow for future growth. I was also able to put them in Alphabetical order and read the flavor name for easy location. (Added benefit Lorann's 1 dram bottles also fit)

BghSUKx.jpg

Over the past few years I had also accumulated quite a few wizard lab samples (which are even better at mimicking dominoes). And since I plan to continue to use them either individually or in combination with FA. I decided to make one for them.

54K32FG.jpg

Here is how it looks like now when I mix a eliquid recipe. I have the wide mouth jars for my NIC,VG, PG, and Premixed Base. (easier to get the last little bit and no tipping).

NQ3VRjP.jpg

iELXbrr.jpg

Both racks are hinged (makes them more stable when opened) and have a latch to keep closed when put away.

That is exactly what I need. Ho

tW6Eog6.jpg

YRweskT.jpg

BghSUKx.jpg

54K32FG.jpg

NQ3VRjP.jpg

iELXbrr.jpg

Thanks for reading. Hope you like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220907-183416_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220907-183416_Chrome.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 3

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the advantages to just shoving all your flavors into a big brown paper bag is it's easier to hide in the closet.....because if your wife saw you had 52 bottles of flavorings all arranged in a nice little cabniet she would say your OCD is acting up again and try and force zoloft down your throat.and ask why a grown man needed 52 flavors when he used to smoke one brand for the last 25 years.....and frankly I don't have an answer for that.....actually I don't see how my hobby is any more ridiculous, or obsessive than being a sports fan.
👍👍👍 I have had a few people (long story) see my closet... they never say anything (but I see that look) I also have syringes and other paraphernalia (had to look up how to spell that) I make a joke "if you wonder what all this is for... No, It's not a drug lab" LOL "it just a hobby... I make my own e-liquid for vaping" "it's like cooking... I love making my own recipes" They actually get it (but that initial look is priceless)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
👍👍👍 I have had a few people (long story) see my closet... they never say anything (but I see that look) I also have syringes and other paraphernalia (had to look up how to spell that) I make a joke "if you wonder what all this is for... No, It's not a drug lab" LOL "it just a hobby... I make my own e-liquid for vaping" "it's like cooking... I love making my own recipes" They actually get it (but that initial look is priceless)
My wife just rolls her eyes and calls it my chemistry lab... She's just happy I'm not smoking.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My wife just rolls her eyes and calls it my chemistry lab...
Yes... like a mad scientist LOL (but it's really more like cooking... spice/herb rack) My son got some furniture for my grandchild (Graig's list) and they threw in this old kiddy "book rack" and he gave it to me. It's perfect for my flavors, juice mixes and mods, ect. It's in my closet. It even has a bottom area for my my scale, VG/PG, battery charger (and extra batteries) and a few other things. I took a picture but can't find it (will take a new pic and post it when I have time)

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man, that's really nice! I don't have the luxury of that much space to keep everything out. My stuff is sorted into ziplock bags, alphabetized by brand, and stuffed into a drawer wherever it'll fit.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yea - I'm lucky to have lots of room in a finished basement.
It's never enough though - that's only about half my inventory - the rest is unsorted in totes and boxes.

Need more shelves lol
Dang, you may have surpassed @Teresa P back in her heyday or @wildgypsy70 and makes my 600 look like nothing...

VU Sponsors