Become a Patron!

Finally found a tank that doesn't leak: Innokin iSub APEX 5 ML

///M Vapor

Member For 4 Years
I've had my Innokin iSub APEX 5 ML for almost 2 months now, and I can honestly say I finally have a tank that never leaks. Vapes great, and top filling too, which is a real nice feature.

Mod: Asmodus Minikin 150w
Coils: Clapton 0.5
Juice: Halo Tribeca and Halo Midnight Apple

I vape at 33 watts. That seems best for me.​

There are a couple things I don't like about it. It's not aesthetically pleasing as far looks go. Plus it fogs up. The reason for this is that the airflow is at the top of the tank and there are 2 layers of glass. The inner tank and then an outer layer of glass. The benefit is a leak free experience. The side effect is that it fogs up in between the 2 layers. However, I'm very happy with it otherwise. It works great.

One other thing to note: if you overfill it, you'll regret it. You'll have to empty it, wash it out, let it dry, and fill it all over again. This is pretty easy to do, and I did this the very first day I had it. Just don't fill it past the point at which the visible tank meets the steel housing.

Just to add some context, the Kanger Subtank Plus was the very first tank I bought.

Before I bought the Innokin, I wasn't really enamoured with the Kanger. I tried replacing it with the Uwell Crown and Aspire Cleito, but they didn't get the job down. They leaked worse than the Kanger did. Both are now sitting on the shelf, looking pretty, and not being used.

Also, since I vape 2 flavors, I rotate between the Innokin and the Kanger, and lately the Kanger has been virtually leak free. Unfortunately, I am not sure I can really explain why or what I did differently, but it's been performing a lot better for me.

So I finally have 2 tanks that work very well for me. :)

Eventually, I might give the Uwell Crown and Aspire Cleito another shot, but for now, I'm perfectly happy rotating between the Innokin iSub APEX 5 ML and the Kanger Subtank Plus.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good to hear you found something that works for you. Concerning the Crown, you sure it's authentic? I have 6 of them and I have never ever gotten more that a tiny bit of condensation by the afc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The first Kanger aeros and subs were terrible for me. The mega (or whatever it was called) was the absolute worst. More than half full, iirc, and they leaked something awful. You might want to try the Toptank Mini I have three across two revisions and none of them leak (just make sure you clear condensation once a day or two). The PT4 works just as well, but is a PITA to fill unless you have a needle tip or syringe.

///M Vapor

Member For 4 Years
Good to hear you found something that works for you. Concerning the Crown, you sure it's authentic? I have 6 of them and I have never ever gotten more that a tiny bit of condensation buy the afc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I suppose that is definitely a possibility.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't get what you are saying about overfilling it. I have the 3ml version and I constantly slightly over fill it... I just wipe up the excess and close it up again. It vapes fine. Is there a difference between the two besides capacity?

///M Vapor

Member For 4 Years
I don't get what you are saying about overfilling it. I have the 3ml version and I constantly slightly over fill it... I just wipe up the excess and close it up again. It vapes fine. Is there a difference between the two besides capacity?

I don't know if there is a difference, but the first day I got it, I really didn't know what the limits were in terms of capacity. I am pretty sure I went beyond the limits, and then I had this horrible gurgling and spit back. I emptied it, broke it all down, washed it, and have since only filled it to where the visible tank meets the steel housing. I haven't had any problems since then.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know if there is a difference, but the first day I got it, I really didn't know what the limits were in terms of capacity. I am pretty sure I went beyond the limits, and then I had this horrible gurgling and spit back. I emptied it, broke it all down, washed it, and have since only filled it to where the visible tank meets the steel housing. I haven't had any problems since then.
What I do instead of pouring out the juice, is stick a qtip down the center and let it 'wick' up that excess. I usually have to only use 1 maybe two... Unless I forget to close the refill holes... Which I did last night. :facepalm::teehee::teehee:

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Resurrecting this older thread.

I just got this for a friend, he STILL hasn't paid for it... so it's mine until he does :).

I think it's freaking AWESOME. The glass drip tip, top and bottom airflow, easy coil replacement, the easiest top fill I've ever personally used... and it just looks cool! It's on top of a KBOX 70w running at 40w... packs quite a punch under the compact circumstances.

Jason Commerford

Member For 4 Years
I am glad to hear so many positive experiences with the Apex because mine leaks. Not horribly bad but just a slight seep. Haven't figured out where it is coming from yet. Suspect the window or the area where the AFC section screws onto the tank. Haven't really tried to solve the problem yet. Other than that it may very well be the best all round tank I've owned yet. MTL vaper who likes a very restricted draw and I can get this on the Apex along with phenomenal taste, hassle free TF, TAFC, and the easiest coil replacement yet. Trying to replace my Cubis with something that provides a little more flavor and replace my wife's Nautilus which leaks. I've got every 22mm TF and TAFC tank I can find on order but so far this is the front runner. Have the Nautilus X but thus far no comparison in flavor. The Vaporesso Gauardian is a good tank but I am having a terrible time with the coils as they burn out so quickly I can't even get one broke in. And trust me I have babied them and checked their authenticity.

Last edited:

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am glad to hear so many positive experiences with the Apex because mine leaks. Not horribly bad but just a slight seep. Haven't figured out where it is coming from yet. Suspect the window or the area where the AFC section screws onto the tank. Haven't really tried to solve the problem yet. Other than that it may very well be the best all round tank I've owned yet. MTL vaper who likes a very restricted draw and I can get this on the Apex along with phenomenal taste, hassle free TF, TAFC, and the easiest coil replacement yet. Trying to replace my Cubis with something that provides a little more flavor and replace my wife's Nautilus which leaks. I've got every 22mm TF and TAFC tank I can find on order but so far this is the front runner. Have the Nautilus X but thus far no comparison in flavor. The Vaporesso Gauardian is a good tank but I am having a terrible time with the coils as they burn out so quickly I can't even get one broke in. And trust me I have babied them and checked their authenticity.

Dang, sad to hear yours leaks. Mine doesn't and it was used.

I could see why there could be leakage problems, after all, this is a really complicated tank. Glass inside of glass inside of metal inside of god knows what... :lol:

It's like a German luxury car... unnecessarily over-engineered, so more can go wrong. But people still buy them!

VU Sponsors