Become a Patron!

Finally going to retire my IPV 3 LI

So after many good years, I figure it's time to finally retire my trusty IPV 3 LI. I've never had a more solid mod since I started vaping. So now I am on the fence looking for some recommendations on a new box. I'll be honest, my usual vape is somewhere between 50w and 75w. I've always preferred a cooler vape. Right now I'm still rocking my Cleito tank (another oldie, but goodie).

I'm starting to have problems with the fire button the IPV3 not firing. Although it only happens a couple times a day, it's not a deal breaker. This mod has been dropped too many times to count, and she keeps purring right along. I figure I'll be proactive and pick up a new box before this one quits on me, and I'm stuck buying whatever I can find at my local vape shop.

Thoughts?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Something like the vt133, by Hcigar - Mine were purchased well-used and STILL just.plain.work.

Uses a DNA200 board and 2 cells - in an honest sled - no stupid doors to break or just fail.

Only type of mod I'd buy anymore: use a sled. And, Dual gets me about 2 solid days of vaping on 25R's.

Alternately, I'd shop for a PWM kit - it too will use a sled, and the switch and pot are easy replacements.

Yeah that definitely looks rock solid. I've researched mods for days and I'm not at all interested in resin, LCDs, etc... I just want something that just works when it's supposed. Give me function over features any day.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amen.
Only flaw I find is the covers/door don't like paint. I've original rubberized doors in neon colors that are fine, and a leatherette cover as well. Two were in crappy shape, and I cleaned the hell out of them and painted - well, they sure do NOT like paint. Both are chipping, so in the spring they'll get recoated.

I can live with that.

She has been through some rough times... Fell off the porch, countless spills when I open the truck door. At the most, I've had to re seat the batteries to get it firing again. Thing is built like a tank I swear.

Attachments

• 20181113_214713.jpg
    20181113_214713.jpg
    734.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20181113_214729.jpg
    20181113_214729.jpg
    808.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20181113_214801.jpg
    20181113_214801.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 7

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I had a buddy in canada was going to send me a Care Package of mods and stuff... Canpost and USPS fucked the shipment at least twice - and he's been MIA for months. <shrug> He'd mentioned a pioneer mod as well as a minikin.

Anyway, eciggity (I think - hawaii?) is the only ones with the vt133 anymore. Good luck.

VU Sponsors