Become a Patron!

Finder finally broke

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am stating the following jokingly.

I have found the Finder 166 to be much better built than the usual Paranormal.
Finally something went wrong! The tiny abalone piece fell off :)
Amazingly I found it in the carpet in less than 5 minutes. Unfortunately I glued it on crooked lol.
So now the Fire button feels kind of lousy.
Honestly though I wonder how long this will last. So far about 8 months.
Exceeding any Lost Vape or Wisemec product I have owned many of.
I think you can only get the 3 battery one now but I personally highly recommend it.
Of course YMMV. Many had Lost Vape last 2+ years and the Finder break in a day.
These Mods are odd little things.

karacal

Member For 4 Years
That little piece is probably the only thing that will break on it(and I have seen others do it) If the board goes you can always order another from Evolv for $60.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That little piece is probably the only thing that will break on it(and I have seen others do it) If the board goes you can always order another from Evolv for $60.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Or send it to them for repairs. They just fixed my dead eFusion Duo for free and paid for return shipping, and it was WAY out of warranty. All I had to pay was $5 to send it to them.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See, you think my way. LV to me left a sour taste in my mouth but still want to rock DNA. I have customs but keeping them for investment. Something like this is a daily driver. The only way I ever had a DNA40 or above break is to get juice in the usb port. I mean come on though, that is abuse. Others like SX you can slather them in juice. Not something I regularly partake in anyways lol. Otherwise I never had one break. Plus the Finder is put together right. No globs of Flux or anything. LV looks like a rats nest inside which is probably why they always quit on me. Of course people had them last 2+ years. YMMV like anything else. I did not abuse them though. That is when I get mad, someone says it is my fault. The Finder simply seems to me to be much higher quality. Even the way the battery door fits. Watch it go break now HAHA. The Abalone missing is fine except when I messed up gluing it it is a little sharp and cut me already. That is totally my fault.

I do not know if I ever told you but you might have read. A big part of this Farm's mission is to rescue wild cats of Africa. We rescue any Animal but about 600 Acres is just small cats.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using my Finder 166's quite a bit lately (the 2 on the left of the picture). They really are quite nice.

PS The Abalone is still in place.

IMG_20170305_162336_zps8scwp3ih.jpg

IMG_20180706_131538.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to see you back around Steve! Hope all is well.
Thanks skt239. I'm doing well. I just haven't been on much since moving to NE PA. I hope you are doing well too. Long time no see, it's good to talk to you again my friend.

Cheers,
Steve

VU Sponsors