Become a Patron!

Finding that just little differences in equipment make a huge difference

RCressler

Member For 4 Years
I've always known that airflow, wicking, and even coil material affect flavor, but recently have found that the juice I've been using as an all day vape (a locally made vanilla custard with some tweaks) in the same atty (a Tobecco velocity mini) with the same wick and wire tastes quite different when used on my Lost Vape Halcyon than it does on my Think Vape Panzer. Both are DNA 200 devices set at the same settings.

How is this possible? Both are DNA200 devices , and both even use LiPo batteries. Is it possible that the chip in one out the other might be off on the temp control or something?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Couple question that come to mind ...
What wire type are you using?
Are you using TC mode?
Are the TCR values identical on both devices?

I don't know anything about either device, however looking really quick on the web -- one looks like a squonker setup the other is not?

RCressler

Member For 4 Years
Yeah. To swap devices, I just remove the squonk pin with the regular and vice versa. Using ss316L fused Clapton (two 28 cores with 36 Gage outer wire) reads .26 ohms on both devices. Both were set up with the same profile.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can you reload the TCR values (if not already tried). Again, I've never used a DNA200 mod, but it may be worth a try to just reload all the configs.
(I'm a computer IT guy -- I always say reload / reboot) .. :D

RCressler

Member For 4 Years
I can try that. The flavor didn't get BAD, just different. More curious as to why more than anything else.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Being all things (very near) equal like that, I sure can't think of a reason for it other than a slight TCR value difference and causing that SS to fire a bit differently.

VU Sponsors