Become a Patron!

Finnally found something that works

Chuckufarley

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello,

I'm Charles. And after 25 years of smoking I finally found something that works.

Me and a friend picked up a starter kit ( ego one ct) with a free bottle of juice. I went from 2 packs a day to 3 or 4 smokes the first couple days. After 3 days ive been analog free for almost a week!

Now I'm hooked. I've already dropped down to 12mg juice and just ordered a new mod (istick tc 100w, with a uwell crown tank). Already looking into DIYing juices and building coils.

It may seem like a small thing to most people, but I cant believe how easy it was to switch to vapeing, and how much I hate cigs now, after such a short time.

I hope to read up and learn alot on here, seems like a great group of people.

Any advice or concerns are welcome.

Thanks,

Charles

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It may seem like a small thing to most people, but I cant believe how easy it was to switch to vapeing, and how much I hate cigs now, after such a short time.
Congratulations! No small feat, I assure you. It took me a bit longer to completely put them down. You're winning :)

Glad you found your way here, hope to see you around the DIY areas. Lots of magic happens there.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Congrats and welcome to the VU! And now you know the great lie that the FDA and some member of congress are pushing: that vaping leads to smoking. Who in the world would go from flavors like Cinnamon Danish and Cherry Limeade to nasty tasting cigs?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hello,

I'm Charles. And after 25 years of smoking I finally found something that works.

Me and a friend picked up a starter kit ( ego one ct) with a free bottle of juice. I went from 2 packs a day to 3 or 4 smokes the first couple days. After 3 days ive been analog free for almost a week!

Now I'm hooked. I've already dropped down to 12mg juice and just ordered a new mod (istick tc 100w, with a uwell crown tank). Already looking into DIYing juices and building coils.

I hope to read up and learn alot on here, seems like a great group of people.

Any advice or concerns are welcome.

Thanks,

Charles

Welcome and glad you are having such success!

You are heading in the right direction, that is for sure

Chuckufarley

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Congratulations! No small feat, I assure you. It took me a bit longer to completely put them down. You're winning :)

Glad you found your way here, hope to see you around the DIY areas. Lots of magic happens there.

Huckleberried,

Thanks for the kind words.

I have been looking around a bit on here ( just found this forum) but lots of great info.

I'll try and keep everyone posted on how my journey goes.

Charles

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Charles....CONGRATULATIONS......and Welcome Aboard......:vino:

Chuckufarley

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Congrats and welcome to the VU! And now you know the great lie that the FDA and some member of congress are pushing: that vaping leads to smoking. Who in the world would go from flavors like Cinnamon Danish and Cherry Limeade to nasty tasting cigs?

Outwest,

Thank you,

My first flavor was captain Morgan's ( me and my friends favorite beverage) after the first day I couldn't believe how bad analogs tasted.

Never thought I'd get to this point and now I'm excited about the. possibilities.

Charles

Chuckufarley

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
JuicyLucy, inspects,

Thank both of you. I'm loving the support.

Having a hard time keeping up with all the replys.

Its nice to know that people understand the struggle.

Charles

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Outwest,

Thank you,

My first flavor was captain Morgan's ( me and my friends favorite beverage) after the first day I couldn't believe how bad analogs tasted.

Never thought I'd get to this point and now I'm excited about the. possibilities.

Charles
Welcome. Amazing, isn't it? And I hear ya. I was a 1.5 - 2 packs a day smoker, myself. Tried the patch, and in no time was smoking AND wearing the patch. Found the gum to be nasty and useless. No way in hell was I about to try the pill and risk going crazy (I'm nuts enough as it is ;))

It's good to hear that you're already looking at DIY. What with the impending ban that the FDA has done, best to know how to make it yourself. Yeah, they're "regulations" and not a ban, per say, but they're so restrictive that you might as well call it a ban. Being able to whip up a batch and make your own coils appears to be the future unless you want to be stuck using hardware and eliquid from big tobacco. The possibilities are endless when it comes to flavors, making your own coils and DIY are both super easy (the hardest parts being coming up with recipes, learning how flavorings behave, and making room to store all the nic and flavors *laf*), and (like the rest of this forum) the DIY area has lots of helpful folks and great recipes :)

Last edited:

Chuckufarley

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome. Amazing, isn't it? And I hear ya. I was a 1.5 - 2 packs a day smoker, myself. Tried the patch, and in no time was smoking AND wearing the patch. Found the gum to be nasty and useless. No way in hell was I about to try the pill and risk going crazy (I'm nuts enough as it is ;))

It's good to hear that your already looking at DIY. What with the impending ban that the FDA has done, best to know how to make it yourself. Yeah, they're "regulations" and not a ban, per say, but they're so restrictive that you might as well call it a ban. Being able to whip up a batch and make your own coils appears to be the future unless you want to be stuck using hardware and eliquid from big tobacco. The possibilities are endless when it comes to flavors, making your own coils and DIY are both super easy (the hardest parts being coming up with recipes, learning how flavorings behave, and making room to store all the nic and flavors *laf*), and (like the rest of this forum) the DIY area has lots of helpful folks and great recipes :)

Outwest,

I tried all that stuff( even the pills). Not even close to effective for me.

I hear ya on the "ban" that's why I started looking into diy ( that and I'm a techy kinda geek ).I also have access to a full lab, so that helps a bit.

As far as the flavoring goes, with what I'm saving in cigs ($75 a week) I can drop $200 on supplies and have a bunch of flavors and base to play with that will last a lot longer ( and be more enjoyable) then 3 weeks.

And storage, well I live alone, ill buy a dedicated cabinet for vape supplies.

Charles

Chuckufarley

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Trueman ecig Yilia,

Lol, my will power sucks, vapeing is just that good.

Thank you for the kind words, I'm loving being smoke free.

Charles

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You brought back a fond memory for me - my very first vape.

This lightbulb went off and I knew I was on to something. Thanks, I hadn't thought of that for awhile.

But I took over two years to fully quit, you are doing splendidly :)

Chuckufarley

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You brought back a fond memory for me - my very first vape.

This lightbulb went off and I knew I was on to something. Thanks, I hadn't thought of that for awhile.

But I took over two years to fully quit, you are doing splendidly :)

JuicyLucy,

Thanks, I was surprised too. I've tried about everything to quit smoking. I knew about vapeing but never really gave it much creedence untill my friend picked up a starter kit for me.

After that, I cant take much credit, it was a easy thing, I just liked it SO MUCH better. I think the first couple days of a few analogs per day was just to reinforce how much better vapeing was. At least for me

Always happy to be able to bring back fond memories.

Charles

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
JuicyLucy,

Thanks, I was surprised too. I've tried about everything to quit smoking. I knew about vapeing but never really gave it much creedence untill my friend picked up a starter kit for me.

After that, I cant take much credit, it was a easy thing, I just liked it SO MUCH better. I think the first couple days of a few analogs per day was just to reinforce how much better vapeing was. At least for me

Charles

I'm pretty much the same way.

I only ever saw those ecig kits they used to sell at our grocery store and I thought it was dumb as all get out.

It made me think of candy cigarettes or something dumb like that, and how everything has an app these days, most of them worthless.

A friend of mine convinced me to give it a shot when I started getting bad health issues after 2.5 PAD for 37 years

Chuckufarley

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm pretty much the same way.

I only ever saw those ecig kits they used to sell at our grocery store and I thought it was dumb as all get out.

It made me think of candy cigarettes or something dumb like that, and how everything has an app these days, most of them worthless.

A friend of mine convinced me to give it a shot when I started getting bad health issues after 2.5 PAD for 37 years

JuicyLucy,

I tried those disposable things too. What a waste IMO. They taste horrible, burn out quickly, and they aren't cheap.

Even though I don't have a great setup (yet) it's WAY better then those disposables.

I'm glad you found the path to get off your smoking habit. I hope it's going well for you.

Charles

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not a single smoke in over five months now

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
AWESOME!!!

Its such a good feeling isn't it?

Cant wait till I make it to that point

Charles

Sounds like you'll get there faster than I did, lol.

Yes, it is very freeing. I didn't realize how much cigarettes had messed me up till I stopped

Chuckufarley

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like you'll get there faster than I did, lol.

Yes, it is very freeing. I didn't realize how much cigarettes had messed me up till I stopped

JuicyLucy,

As long as we get there, thats what's important.

I definitly dont don't miss coughing up black lung cookies every morning thats for sure.

And the taste...even simple flavors (vanilla) sooo much better then cigs.

Charles

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
JuicyLucy,

Charles
Charles, like Lucy said, your post did bring back great memories. Was nothing short of astonished how well vaping worked.

Smoked marlboros for 40 years, usually a PAD, bought a cheap Spinner II and tiny aspire tank using 1.8 ohm coils, was able to completely stop smoking the same day. When I woke the morning after the first vape I lit a cig, the taste was repulsive.

Such an amazing technology the feds want to take away so we're not dipping into their sin taxes, big tobacco and big pharma kickbacks. All in cahoots, in relation to the color of money, not the health of Americans.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello and welcome Charles.:wave:
You are on the right track and doing extremely well! Hope to see you around!

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

vapefu

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years